Emergency Outdoor Transplant Indoor Or Big Mistake?

Deep roots

I had been growing 2 plants outdoor. not set up 4 it and in hindsight not a smart idea. 2 many people.
anyhow i kept them down as best i could,, june july aug all super duper then one showed it balls.... ok its gone.. the other kept going 2' x 4' wide with many weights holding it down and out. over the month i had put lots of compost and stuff around plant. I'm sure a pest festival was occurring but la de da.
finally i realize it hasnt started to flower and there cannot be time before frost. so i scrape off as much on top till i see roots. then i dig as good as i could. never got root ball very dry soil from drought. had 30 gal tote ready and it looked sad. most leaf died or would so i cut. 4 tops had to be cut. i watered and put under 400-600 hps 4' from top at first. here is photo after cut in dormant stressed near death condition. sorry i will try and figure out photo thing. Has anyone done this and any help ....

I had been growing 2 plants outdoor. not set up 4 it and in hindsight not a smart idea. 2 many people.
anyhow i kept them down as best i could,, june july aug all super duper then one showed it balls.... ok its gone.. the other kept going 2' x 4' wide with many weights holding it down and out. over the month i had put lots of compost and stuff around plant. I'm sure a pest festival was occurring but la de da.
finally i realize it hasnt started to flower and there cannot be time before frost. so i scrape off as much on top till i see roots. then i dig as good as i could. never got root ball very dry soil from drought. had 30 gal tote ready and it looked sad. most leaf died or would so i cut. 4 tops had to be cut. i watered and put under 400-600 hps 4' from top at first. here is photo after cut in dormant stressed near death condition. sorry i will try and figure out photo thing. Has anyone done this and any help ....

There is a video guide in my signature that should help you to upload pictures. Then we can take a look and help you out.

Welcome to the site!!

:thumb: :passitleft:

My guess is that after a few days, what is left of her will straighten up and start to put out more branches. A big transplant like that is a shock to any plant, but nurseries do it all the time for shrubs and trees.

But you did the right thing in taking off some of the foliage. Less transpiration while it recovers. And it WILL delay the harvest, but at least she wont freeze before she flowers.

Good luck! Keep us informed how she does!:thumb:

Oh, and cut the light down for a few days. When she perks up, you can gradually incrase the indoor lighting.

thanks dan
she looks bad in photo but that was 10 days and 2 waterings ago. she is improving....
100_9561.JPG
100_9561.JPG

here is update.
doing great.... had catterpillars but they were easier pest to rid. took a bunch of leaf off. Should i continue to defoliate.??? its in flower for 4 weeks and should have 10-12" colas. i hope...
100_9575.JPG
100_9575.JPG
100_9575.JPG
100_9575.JPG

Back
Top Bottom