Emergency please help!

greenermannow

A friend of mine found the tops of one plant wilted/drooping this morning-not wilting from under watering but looks like they turned a darker color and just died or r dieing-he's growing in containers under sunlight in clean well vent area and uses neem oil to control bugs-there is a slight mold factor since the walls and floor r wood and get wet regularly-but he keeps it clean and everything has been great up till now and no other plant is affected yet-looks like a disease-but could it be over ferting? He's using super bloom food and has been watching them close for usual signs of over ferting but wouldn't the bottom leaves show signs of over fert first? Only the top is affected so far-he’s scared he may lose all-I have some pics but it says I can't add attachments-is there a way to add pics? Any help would be greatly appreciated-thanks!

yea dude can't help with the pics situation but what I would in your freinds situation us first I'd check the ph of my medium, ph thats way outa wack either 1 way or the other a plant can shock and die over night the only solution is a massive flush like 6 x the volume of water to soil and make sure its PHd right.
if its not the ph, it could be heat ( my whole crop of 50 plants died in about four hours from heat! My air conditionaire was turned off by some1 and they fried I lost it all exept two plants!
if its not heat then it just might be some type of wilt ( pythium, verticillium wilt ) and if thats the case I'd pull it before all the get it and die.
if they are on a common system, meaning they all share the same reservoir then you need to use some hydrogen peroxide in the water and soak the medium with it, also take apart the whole system and clean with professinal strength peroxide and try to keep the temp of the reservoirs water much lower like 68 F because different types of wilt thrive in warm water.
I use a book called hemp deseases and pest management and biological control, I suggest your freind order it, its a text book and its $110 it has everything you need to know about pest deseases and how to cure them.

I hope I helped. Also tell your freind if its in its own pot to feel the side of pot if its hot the roots have been cooked which can happen with black pots under 1000 watters if there too close, or sunlight.

Oh and if it is on a common reservoir make sure water is getting to that plant, I was doing hydro during the winter and using a bucket system and sometimes the 1/2 inch tube got blocked, Kinked it whatever and I'd have 1 plant wilted.

But good luck bro I hope I helped. If not I hope some1 helps you.

Thanks very much for the help-did some research on the pythium, verticillium wilt but doesn't seem to fit-but he removed it in case it is something like that-I didn't find any info on how to cure/stop it if it is pythium or verticillium wilt-is there any way do u know? Thanks again very much-sure appreciate it-

Back
Top Bottom