Emilya's Outdoor GeoFlora Organic Auto Journal, 2020, Unknown Master's Mix

Greetings everyone!

It is summer time in Missouri where we are about to settle in to several months of 90-100 degree temperatures, bright sun and debilitating humidity. I have a new house, a large back yard and a privacy fence that I can lock to keep out visitors, although in a small town of just over 300 people, I seriously doubt I ever have a problem. The new medical laws in Missouri make my operations totally legal, and for the most part I will strictly follow the guidelines provided by those statues. If I need to grow more than 6 plants for my family's medical needs, I will simply become a caretaker and increase my garden limit.

The current plans are for an outside auto garden from now on in the spring of each year (this grow with its late start will be pushing fall and winter weather) and a year round operation will be taking place upstairs in my yet to be developed climate controlled grow room. This grow room will have both a large 14'x9' bloom room powered by the NextLight MEGA, and I will block off light from one or both of my little side nooks in that area, so they can serve as two separate unattached Veg rooms. The ceiling up there is 6'4", a bit too short for any of my tents, although I think I may be able to press one or two into service as drying rooms or pollination huts, outside in my outbuilding. We will see where I go with that... I hate mixing indoors and outdoors with these plants.

I got these seeds as a bonus in an expensive purchase from one of the major seedbanks. It was a collection of supposedly the best of the best... Master Works, and these 4 seeds came in a separate sturdy container. These are random seeds from a 20 or so variety collection. They all looked good in the flyer... so we will wait to see what develops. These seeds have been sitting in my fridge for over 2 years, so let's see how strong they really are. I have put them in a glass of water for 24 hours.

The starter soil in my classic red solo cups is nothing special, in fact it is soil dug out of the containers from my last grow. I will take a little more care with their final containers soon, and will use some well cooked supersoil/base soil mix for them. The only nutrients I am planning on using are from our sponsor, GeoFlora Organic. Each application is a combination of microbes and the minerals that will be needed to power the plant for that round. The nutrient comes in two versions, Veg and Bloom. Each are granular and used top feed the soil and water it in over a two week period, and then we will reapply. It seems to be totally organic and very simple to use. I will also regularly spray the plants with aloe and lactobacillus serum to strengthen them and allow them to resist pests more easily.

The final containers will be built this weekend and prewatered with the first dose of Geoflora Veg, just to get the soil feeding circle going before I TRANSPLANT my autos out of their solo cups. As is the tradition with fast growing Autos, I will transplant them once, into their final 5 gallon containers, when it is time.

I have no pictures to add to this first posting, but I will take care of that in future postings and as we start to see life out of these old seeds.

This grow is all about me learning Autos, and continuing my search for the most reproducible, easiest and cheapest method to grow organic quality medicinal pot. These will also be my first non-Gorilla type outdoor grows, and I am really looking forward to using the sun to power these plants. Water will be collected rainwater from my cistern, and applied as per method outlined in my two watering threads.

I hope we all get something out of this grow and I am excited just to be able to get back into the game. Legal in my own new house too... what a concept! I hope to see a lot of familiar faces following along. Welcome to the start of something big!

Sense Emilya, Doctor of Dank

Well-Well, She don't mess about and She do what she says.

Trump out - Emilya in.

Blessings to Ms E & Ms J.
Yes indeed and thank you! Today I bring news of at least 3 germinations in these old seeds, the 4th appears to be a little sickly. I estimate those seeds have been in that jar in the fridge for the better part of 4 years. I have skipped the paper towel step entirely and planted these aggressive autos about a half inch down in some red solo cups. The one that I don't expect to come up, is marked by the plastic picnic spoon that I used to pull them out of the water. This whole step was performed using good social distancing, no touch methods, and a mask so the seeds could not hear what I was thinking.

I have found my camera, finally! Here now is Buddy, and the 4 brave seeds, trying to reach the beautiful Missouri sun:

DSCF8067.JPG
DSCF8066.JPG

We took that wood cover off of the cistern today. I will have to get pictures. This thing is huge and is made from stone. I have no idea yet how deep it is, but I am sure that I don't want to fall in there. It holds a lot of water and seems to be regulated to keep the water fresh. There are all sorts of pipe things down in there that must have at one time had a function and maybe still do. I will have to find an expert that knows what to make of all the tubes and wires. For now, I have a new pump capable of achieving a vertical height of 25 feet. This should reach up to the grow room, and certainly out to the backyard garden. The big square cement hole that the wood was cleverly hiding is scary though, and a definite hazard for the dog. I guess the hand pump used to be mounted there. The big terribly heavy round cement cover was replaced over the hole, leaving only the corners uncovered, and while it is safe, it is very ugly. We are going to need to build a pretty wishing well around it, and maybe next year a wooden deck to extend out from the back door, including the wishing well in the design, with probably a bench around the Catalpa tree. It will take some time, but one day it will be beautiful.

With your cistern I'd suggest building a chicken wire fence around it, then its 100% pet safe, also or at the very least build a strong thick wire top to cover the hole that is lockable. You never know what kind of animal's or kids may end up in the yard at some point. It's just better to sleep easy with it very secured.

20200704_072949.jpg
20200704_072935.jpg

You could do something like this photo above then "hide" the well hole with this fake planter box, the inside lid cover is removable so you still have access. And it's safe and it's also visually appealing ;) Just an idea.

Oh boy Em! I'm happy for you getting back in! It seems since forever. I can't wait to watch you grow those special auto seeds into killer plants!

I love the new place. Have you tested the well for ph and ppm?

You have a catalpa tree! Arguably the finest tree flower scent on the planet. I enjoyed my MIL's for years, so many flowers all at once. Yum! Catalpa and Locust are my favorites.

So good luck with the first grow in your new home, again, I can't wait to see them under the Mega!

Oh boy Em! I'm happy for you getting back in! It seems since forever. I can't wait to watch you grow those special auto seeds into killer plants!

I love the new place. Have you tested the well for ph and ppm?

You have a catalpa tree! Arguably the finest tree flower scent on the planet. I enjoyed my MIL's for years, so many flowers all at once. Yum! Catalpa and Locust are my favorites.

So good luck with the first grow in your new home, again, I can't wait to see them under the Mega!
I will get it tested soon... no time for anything not essential right now as we continue the move in. I am going to talk to my plumbing/HVAC genius in the next week or so, and we need to get his recommendations on how to get that well water up to the grow room. Ms J. has firmly stated that a hose will not be going up to the window, even in the backyard.

Regarding the MEGA, it is going to get top billing in the grow room upstairs. The bloom room alone will be 14'x9', with the mega hanging right there in the middle. I am preparing for the day when I am the caretaker of two other med patients and can grow up to 18 plants at a time. My 6x COB array is the perfect size to power one of the alcoves in that upstairs room, and I will block it off with 6mil black plastic so that it's light will not interfere. Using clear 6 mil plastic, I am going to design a sort of clean room, so the bloom room will be fully visible upon walking upstairs, but it will be in its own environment behind the plastic. Reflective mylar will be put up on the walls in those areas, and for now I plan on using the tent liner from my 4x4 tent to actually hold the containers on the floor, so that any water spills won't end up downstairs in my living room. I plan on documenting the building of this grow space with pictures here on this journal.

We have two 40' Catalpa trees, one at each the front and back doors. I caught them blooming as I was doing my inspection of the property a month ago... I can't wait to see it again.

This week it is all about Solar. The guys will be crawling all about soon, working to make us energy independent and totally unafraid to run whatever lights and however many of them I want to and without the government being able to even see my energy usage.

My other big project is getting a ham radio tower back on the air. I have gotten my old tower taken down and I sold it... I am going for bigger and better this time. I want at least a 50' crank up tower, that I can raise and lower as I need to add/remove/adjust antennas. This will call for big bucks, a large crew and about 7 yards of concrete. It might be next spring before I get this going. For now I will make do with temporary antennas, but my big signal on the ham radio computer networks is gone for now.

Luckily, the town I now live in has no restrictions for any of these activities and no permits are required. Life is good out in the country. :)

It has turned out to be a rainy morning so we have not been able to get a lot done outside today. So far none of our plants have made it to the surface, but I expect to start seeing them tomorrow. For today they have been moved inside to the kitchen window, so as to escape any high winds that might move though with the storms.

I was able to get a couple of shots of the cistern covered up and I got a peek inside the big hole. Note the clear water and all the pipes and such that seem to be keeping the water level where it is.

DSCF8068.JPG
DSCF8069.JPG

Back
Top Bottom