Emmie's 6 Plant, True Living Organic, LED Grow Journal

Dec 3, your plants were getting ready for pot-up and you drenched em with compost tea. Mine is the same age, on it's second pot-up, and at least a week before re-potting.
She's getting thirsty. I have RO water and EM1, can I give her a drench? I can culture more if you think it's worth it. THANK YOU!! I know your really busy
Absolutely @Oldgrower54, compost tea is one of those things that done correctly is hard to give too much of. Every time you apply it you should be able to see added vigor and strong growth.

Good Friday morning Em. I think using the recharge like I am too this grow, is the easiest and cleanest thing ever. My plants seem to be loving it. I'd have to agree that more folks will be interested in LOS when they see how easy things are. I even had the chance to brew up a batch of microbes and said to myself, self, go upstairs and light up and take care of what ails you tonight. There's no worry, microbes inabag got this.
I do plan on some custom brews but having a cushion is real nice when I'm not able to get it done otherwise, or when it's a surprise. I'm dosing 1 tsp/gal every other watering at present.
I agree with you... the ability to have professionally grown microbes of just the varieties we need, in a bag and at our fingertips, has made LOS as easy as any other method, if not easier. The quality of my grow this time is amazingly good, and the mess of making teas and the constant watching of the calendar to time the teas for watering day has gone away and has taken away the need for a lot of the day to day grind of running an AACT grow. It no longer is difficult to run an organic living soil grow... just mix up the soil and cook it, and this stuff puts your grow on autopilot from then on.

First, the varieties. I have gone classic in my selection, bringing back some old standards and personal favorites. This run will have 6 different varieties, Jack Herer, Wappa, TrainWreck, NYC Diesel, Ice Breaker and Super Cheese.

I have purchased a new 1500w LED light to start these plants in and will purchase several more to take them into flower. There is not going to be a lack of strong LED light in this grow. My goal is to prove to myself, my biggest critic, that LED is superior to old school HID lighting. I like the results that I get with my old dual light system, using 600w HPS and MH together in flower, but I am open to change.

The soil and the container preparation is going to be following true organic guidelines. The base soil started out several years ago as SubCool's SuperSoil mix, but it has been getting better all of this time. With every run, every bit of scrap wood and leaf went back into that soil. Nothing was wasted and the soil has been well amended with azomite, oystershell, and all the additives, layers of organic materials, spikes, teas and even some kitchen scraps of all the grows throughout those years. The containers will all be carefully prepared to have even more fresh layers of nutrients, spikes, earthworm castings, etc to supplement this soil and to make sure that everything the plants and the microlife need is in there. No chlorinated water nor synthetic nutrients have ever touched this soil, nor will they be used in this garden.

The plants will be started out by placing the seeds on top of a spring water soaked cotton ball sitting in the middle of a pie plate. This is covered with plastic wrap, making sure there was an air gap between the seed and the plastic and then put in a dark warm place. In 2-3 days even the most reluctant old seed will come to life and send out a root and when they get to be 1/4"-1/2" long, I will plant them 1/2" deep in a red solo cup 3/4 full of my well cooked soil. Once they pop to the surface I will continue to water in small amounts twice a day, helping the roots find the bottom and then as soon as the seedlings have established themselves, I will water the container properly one time, and then wait 2-3 days for the container to dry out. The next time I water, I will hit them with a once every couple of weeks shot of Mycorrhizae to really get the roots going, and then in a few days at their next watering they will get their first Actively Aerated Compost Tea. The next tea in a week or so will include ground up barley shoots, adding their growth hormone into the soil and the one after that will be a strong nitrogen/calcium load to really get vegging going in a hurry.

We go legal in Missouri on Dec 6. That is the official start date of all of this and pictures will be forthcoming. I just wanted to let you know what is coming and how much preparation is already going into this grow.

Be well everyone,
More coming soon...
Em
Holy shit... I have to ask, what do you do for living? Are you some sort of Botanist? And how badass is your weed when they are done? And can I be your friend cause you kick ass..... ? Sorry but not meaning to sound like a creeper... LOL

Holy shit... I have to ask, what do you do for living? Are you some sort of Botanist? And how badass is your weed when they are done? And can I be your friend cause you kick ass..... ? Sorry but not meaning to sound like a creeper... LOL
Thanks for the kinds words, but no, I am not a botanist but am an economist instead, with background studies in engineering and science. I loved hard science when I was younger and bring a lot of scientific method into my work, and botany has always been a hobby because my father has been growing this weed since the 70's and my grandfather years ago was the chief arborist in Wales during his career... so green does run in the blood around here.
Most of my weed is totally badass... the best most people around here can find and I am always looking for more friends Ronbo... welcome aboard!

What is compost tea and how can I get it or make it?????

After reading through this thread I happened to come upon this little item. A worm cafe, (composter) with the end product being your own worm castings and a home brewed tea ready made.
1577617244570.png

After reading through this thread I happened to come upon this little item. A worm cafe, (composter) with the end product being your own worm castings and a home brewed tea ready made.
1577617244570.png
The leachate from this worm farm would be an excellent start in making a compost tea, but it is not quite as simple as opening up a spigot and having the stuff pour out ready made. You will need a good high pressure air pump and some added raw nutrients so as to make specific teas for specific uses during the grow.
You can also buy products with the correct microbes already cultured, without having to maintain your own worm farm.

I am using the Vander Life lights that you can see featured on Amazon right now. They seem well made and very cost competitive. I have the 1000w version right now in veg and in flower I will be using 2 of the 2000w units in a 2x4 tent.
How did you control the heat generated by LEDs in such a small space?

Lot of light for a 2X4. I need to step up my game. I just purchased a second 450 Watt for my 2X4 veg tent. Should be here Tuesday. I'm still flowering with my 600 W HPS but thinking of switching to all led lights because of the heat. It will be nice to see how well all them watts work in that 2X4.
Did you have a heat issue? How did you keep it cool?

I have 2 450w and they are bringing temps up to 85+ New 6" exhaust fan with 450 cfm just came I hope it does the trick. My 4" 150 cfm couldnt do it.

I was in the tent this evening getting ready for bedtime by lifting each of my plants to see how close they are to needing water. It looks like the bigger ones are going to be ready tomorrow, the rest probably the day after that. Things are still accelerating, but slowly, as a result of the strong LST training and wack-a-mole trimming of the dominant growth tips, and soon as I start letting things go vertical, they should start using the water a lot more quickly. The new lights will also help and this next watering is going to be very nutrient rich...
I plan on giving them with the water, 1 tbs of liquid fish, 1 tbs calmag, 1 tbs FF Big Bloom and 1 tbs of Emmie's distilled Dandelion fertilizer. This feeding will be like liquid rocket fuel and we should see some immediate strong growth as a result. Remember: Think of nutes as supplements designed to put into hyperdrive an already thriving plant.

So with that, here are some shots around the tent to highlight these thriving plants. Their ages are between 35-45 days old. Please excuse the red light... Emmie is a tired girl tonight and was too lazy to fire up the white light.
DSCF6758.JPG
DSCF6757.JPG
DSCF6756.JPG
DSCF6755.JPG
DSCF6754.JPG
Hi Em... do you give your "rocket fuel" full strength or do you dilute before use? I mixed up the ingredients in a Gallon of RO water.

Hi Em... do you give your "rocket fuel" full strength or do you dilute before use? I mixed up the ingredients in a Gallon of RO water.
Full strength. I trust the nutrients that I give to provide significant benefit to my plants, not just simply feed them. If you are going to use nutes, then nute like you mean it. Remove the word FEED from your vocabulary and replace it with the word FERTILIZE. Don't be timid... Garden like a BOSS!

Full strength. I trust the nutrients that I give to provide significant benefit to my plants, not just simply feed them. If you are going to use nutes, then nute like you mean it. Remove the word FEED from your vocabulary and replace it with the word FERTILIZE. Don't be timid... Garden like a BOSS!
Emilya... you scaring me. I just thought of the time I cooked all my plants! Lol. It was a capful of floranova grow. A big cap ful. Lol. And all my leaves turned to stone! And crumbled. Learning lessons. You pushing me out my comfort zone. Thank you!

I just wanted to show you how you saved my early veg tent from being overwatered! 22 plants in a 2x2. They ain’t staying in here much longer. Lol grow fast now...
FE1F4DC6-AC9E-4B6E-BC7A-6F8DB1EB0A9C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom