Emmie's 6 Plant, True Living Organic, LED Grow Journal

Just last night I was trying to make the decision as to which plants, if any, that I was going to take some clones of for my next run. Today, I received a package in the mailbox from my friend in Germany, the famous breeder @santero, and my decision as to what to run next round has been made.
Thank you very much San for the chance to try out your newest project, Berry D-Licious! This new breeder's line will be the highlight of my next grow journal, a cross between Shishkaberry x Sour Diesel. He also included some other goodies that will keep me in new seeds for the next several rounds, his Lemon Bubba, a 1993 BK mom x Lemon Thai, and Killer Cookies, a cross between GSC Forum clone x Killer Queen.
Emmie is over the moon today! Thanks again and a huge tip of the hat to @santero, one of the premier breeders in the modern world!
DSCF6800.JPG

Oooohhh....congrats! I have to admit im a little "jelly". Should be something special coming from them seed packs. They are now in very capable hands. :)

Looking good over here Emilya. I am having a bit of a challenge watering in my 32 gallon bins. The top 8” or so gets dry quick, and the lower regions is holding more water. Trying to get a good cycle in while keeping the clover crop somewhat happy.

I made some stabilized labs a few weeks ago, and I have been letting out some gasses as they build up in my storage bottle. Is that normal or did I go wrong somewhere?

Looking good over here Emilya. I am having a bit of a challenge watering in my 32 gallon bins. The top 8” or so gets dry quick, and the lower regions is holding more water. Trying to get a good cycle in while keeping the clover crop somewhat happy.

I made some stabilized labs a few weeks ago, and I have been letting out some gasses as they build up in my storage bottle. Is that normal or did I go wrong somewhere?
Wow... now that is a new problem and one I had never considered. 32 gallons unless there is a tree sized trunk and roots the size of a garden tractor, I can see why there would be a problem. I think you would have to treat this like one would a small plant put into a large final container, and you would have to make sure to take care of both the top and the bottom of the container with specialized watering techniques. I think I would have to try soaking once, and then as you wait the week or two for that to dry out, watering every 3 or 4 days just on the top, with 1/3 to 1/4 of what is used to completely soak the container. This way you can still entice the top and middle roots to seek the edges, while making sure the bottom roots do not stay submerged full time.
Regarding the fermented stuff, yes it continues to off gas as long as you keep it alive. Stabilized does not mean stabilized like a commercial product that has had the life boiled out of it... it just steadily builds up pressure gently, without trying to leap out of the container each time you open it.

Awesome. That’s kind of what I have done with the watering. I have one of those cheap soil probes I use to monitor the top 8 to 10 inches.

I suspected as much with the labs. It was telling me there is life there. But wanted to make sure.

I also made some calcium phosphate from your recipe. May have made it a bit closer to 4 parts vinegar to 1 part egg shells, but used the good organic cider vinegar with mother. I been meaning to ask, you balance your water ph after adding these things?

been meaning to ask, you balance your water ph after adding these things?
nope... pH is no longer a concern in my organic soil grows, as long as I don't do something ridiculous. Since I have no chelated nutrients to worry about, I have no pH range to stay within. My only concern is when I can smell that one of my concoctions has gone alcoholic...because that makes it slightly acidic and not good for the microlife. This is when I pull out the lactobaccillus serum, because that is what it does, it eats methane and alcohol. If you are using synthetic nutes, then of course you must adjust your pH into the proper range, even when using my recipes.

Hey Emilya - I'll be reading and learning along the rest of the way. I'm still back on page 12 trying to catch up. Looks like lots going on. Love the set up, beautiful plants.
Thanks! Yep... there are always several experiments going on in my grows. Glad you are enjoying it!

The book is still in process, and eventually you will see some of the same talks I give in this forum in print. Never fear @AngryBird and @mouser, when that day comes you will be among the first to know. The working title is: Auntie Em's Guide to Indoor Cannabis Gardening... but already I am getting push back from my adviser... too Wizard of Oz'ish. Everyone's a critic! :)
I'd buy it! Nice work and good luck!

An interesting observation in the tent today. The girls are annoying me. We are now a ridiculous amount of time since transplanting and although a couple of them are starting to feel pretty light, the others are still several days behind, while keeping with my usual standard.
Rules are meant to be broken, they say, and I justify that with the caveat that its OK to break a rule if you have a good reason to do so.
Every plant in the room is now showing tip burn... not bad, but its there. But I don't usually see this with the homebrew nutes and teas that I give, so what is this telling me?
It has taken some time for the roots in the transplanted rootball to find their way to the bottom and then figure out what to do with the composted manure and supersoil layers down there. In this 10 days the top has mostly dried out by now and those top roots are no longer able to do a lot of seeking, while the bottom roots are still trying to fill in the gap to the bottom through the super soil and compost... so it has been a little bit of a challenge and as a result, the roots are now sending a signal up to the top that some toes are burning.
So tonight, I am going to water the room with my new high vegging tea, and this will get all of the containers synced a little closer to each other. I am also postulating that the roots both top and bottom will continue to spread out after this watering and be able to uptake much more water. The tea is timed for just this moment and will provide a fresh batch of microlife that will be able to specialize in the various hot zones of nutrients in the container. As we begin the transition to flower, we also begin a transition into new rules for watering.
I notice this reaction when I let them dry out too much. ;) I’ll let it go soon hehe

Organic will be my next big step.
After smoking my 1st. ever, total LOS grown weed, I'm hooked !! Grow was a failure, but It's the best smoke, I've ever consumed. I used a commercial brand of LOS soil, and just a little organic nutrients. Emilya has me down here catching up to the rest of class. Those zones and spikes are interesting. And could probably remedy my small root ball problem. Good to see you over here reading about LOS !! You'll never go back !! :surf:

I am on my first grow I really haven't had any problems (yet) and my plants stayed pretty short for some reason. Well I made the switch to flower 14 days ago. My question is does the stretch stop at 14 days or does it continue throughout the the flowering cycle up until the final few weeks when the buds start to fatten up maybe it just slows down

I am on my first grow I really haven't had any problems (yet) and my plants stayed pretty short for some reason. Well I made the switch to flower 14 days ago. My question is does the stretch stop at 14 days or does it continue throughout the the flowering cycle up until the final few weeks when the buds start to fatten up maybe it just slows down
Ah... good timing! The major stretch does stop after around 14 days and then you just get a little more increase in height as the buds themselves develop and get bigger, but nothing like what happens in stretch when the plants can double in size or more. LEDs also help keep the plants a little shorter from what I have read, but I have yet no personal experience with this. I am hoping that they don't quite double in size in my tent, but I am ready if they do.

Back
Top Bottom