Emmie's Berry D'licious 2019 True Living Organic: No AACT, SCROG, COB, SuperSoil Production Grow & Seed Run

Hi @Emilya ...

Do you notice a real increase in terpene quality and smoothness after 3 to 4 weeks of cure?
Yes indeed... we don't even consider it cured until it has been in the jar for a month and somewhere around then the bud completely changes and becomes very flavorful and smooth. Until then it is still very green tasting and immature and although smokeable, not nearly as enjoyable.

Going to have at least a two week cure before I even try my stuff this time. Might even be able to wait that month you are talking about.
I have found that the little glass airproof containers from 420magazine help save my cure. When I run out of daily smoke I fill that little 1/4 oz jar with some good buds and then I seal that cure jar back up and stay completely out of it for a couple of weeks, because I have all I need in the daily jar. Without this system that I have committed to, I was always jumping into my cure jars to grab a "sample."

@Emilya Love your grow! At what time did you place the screw in the trunk? After a few hours of dark for the final 36 hours? I am ready to harvest also and would like to give it a try!
Thanks Timbo57! I put the screw in there right before putting them into the dark for 48 to 72 hours. Nothing quite says death is approaching like a large screw in your mid section.

Merry Christmas ... how's the cure going?

Still sitting rock steady at about 64% RH and the buds are starting to take on that crunchy feel to them, yet they break apart and crunch down to a still moist product. It is not overly moist at this point and if you stuff a zigzag with all it can hold to make a decent sized joint, it will actually smoke. The flavor is starting remind me of fruit undertones, but still the overall palate is lacking in distinction... the terpenes are still hiding in there. Another couple of weeks is really going to turn the corner on this batch, but for the most part we are still burping at least every couple of days and being as patient as patients can be.
Merry Christmas SQl2kGuy and I hope that Santa is very kind to you this year!

weed-and-cannabis-smoking-420-marijuana-christmas-beth-scannell.jpg

I have found that the little glass airproof containers from 420magazine help save my cure. When I run out of daily smoke I fill that little 1/4 oz jar with some good buds and then I seal that cure jar back up and stay completely out of it for a couple of weeks, because I have all I need in the daily jar. Without this system that I have committed to, I was always jumping into my cure jars to grab a "sample."
Merry Xmas @Emilya , can you please tell me where I can find these curing bottles you spoke of? Thank you

Merry Xmas @Emilya , can you please tell me where I can find these curing bottles you spoke of? Thank you
Hi Timbo! There is nothing fancy in my curing jars.. no polished metal sealed cans here. I went to WalMart and picked up some of the large widemouthed 1500ml / 6cup Ball Glass Jars. They each hold approximately 5oz of pot as it is curing.

I am going to officially wrap up this journal with this post. @Amadeus Forzin please move this to completed journals.
The cure has been accomplished and all the buds in the jars have taken on that individualized crispy shell structure that we like to see, and instead of clumping together as they did when wet, now it is possible to shake the buds around in the jar.
The smoke has taken on a great thick texture and there are definitely some berry aftertastes, but this of course is not a finished commercially sold flavor either... this strain is from the testbench of @santero and is still a work in progress. The high is a strong time warping and intuitive one, where writing and conversing flow naturally and it lasts for several hours. I think this pot could produce couchlock properties if left to ripen a little longer, but at the stage that I pulled this one, I would consider it a good working day smoke.
Lessons learned:
  • More penetration would have helped produce more very tight buds. The reflectors were sold with the lights for a reason. More focused lumens from now on.
  • RealGrower's Recharge was a blazing success! True organic growing should not be out of reach for anyone, any longer.
  • The Andesite seems to have had a positive effect only in that I consider the product from Red to be better than that from Tara, who had no amendments. More experiments will be done with Andesite in the soil, always hoping to be able to get to a soil profile capable of growing true one hit Kona Gold.
  • @Vulx was proven to be an amazing amendment to the soil, and since it doesn't go away, it will be a part of my soil as long as I keep using it. The pot produced in Vulx, even just through the bloom stage, is noticeably better than anything else produced on that run... there are simply more trichomes and the root system was much more dense than the rest, on the smallest plant in the tent.

And the next grow journal:
Pineapple Chunk Mega Crop Test - Grow Journal

Thank You for all the time and effort you put into this journal. I picked up lots of information from this thread. Easy to understand with some great pictures which illustrate the information. Great job on another great journal. I am going to check out Recharge and Vulx for my LOS grow this spring and I want to try some breeding in the future and your journal gave some great info on that process. Thanks again for another Great journal
:thumb:

I am so grateful that this journal was chosen to be 2020's first grow journal of the month and as I reflect on what this means to me, I would like to say a few words.
First of all, this award means a whole lot more to me than any of the popularity contests that are judged by the votes of the public, which oftentimes can be influenced so many outside factors outside of the member's control. An excellent picture can sometimes make the difference in winning one of the contests, and getting into heated discussions on other threads can turn potential voters against one or another when it comes to popularity. This particular award is given by the staff, who has the diligence to pour through page after page of journal after journal... and I am sure it is very hard to decide who is doing the best job of meeting community standards with their journals every month and to be able to pick the best one. Oh to be a fly on the wall during those discussions... wouldn't that be interesting?
I have always considered this award to be the most prestigious of them all, and I am deeply honored to have one of my journals be considered to be one of the best of the best, but I would like to speak about karma, and what happens when you pay forward those things that you are able.
I realized some time ago that I had something to give the community, and I wrote my watering guide. I have always tried to be an online plant problem diagnostician, but only in recent years got good at it, but my point is that I have always tried to give back in one form or another. This community helped me to be able to profoundly change the life of my aunt who suffered with a particularly debilitating and deforming form of MS. We healed her... put that dreaded disease into remission, and there it has stayed all of these years! I had no choice but to try as hard as I could to pay this unpayable debt forward.
A funny thing happened when I started my mission of sponsoring local grow ops by acting as an advisor to locals and online friends having troubles in their medical gardens and when I started journaling my learning process. Karma pays back those who pay it forward with no expectation of reward, and for me this has happened over and over and over again. I have been so blessed by this cannabis community and gifted with so many seeds and grow equipment over the years, it is simply stunning to think about it. Now, winning this award I am receiving a light of such stature that I am going to have to get a new house to put it in! I am simply blown away by the response of the universe ( you all ) to what I am doing here.
So get out there and give the community something special that you are doing, or explain something you have figured out. Take some nice pictures and try as hard as you can to help those who come to you with questions. Make yourself vulnerable and put your theories out there for all to see, and then journal what you are doing to prove or disprove what you postulated. Give of yourself, and the community gives back. The love you get is equal to the love you give. My love goes out to every one of you who have made this journey possible, and especially to those who have challenged me to develop and explain my ideas more fully as we moved forward through the years. I could not do what I do nor would I be where I am today, without all of you. Thank you!
:morenutes:

Sooo just so I'm up to speed, when your about ready to harvest you placed the plants in darkness for 36hrs THEN drove a screw into the main stem, back in darkness for another 24hrs specifically to assist with tricombs production?

Or have I missed the point completely?

Sooo just so I'm up to speed, when your about ready to harvest you placed the plants in darkness for 36hrs THEN drove a screw into the main stem, back in darkness for another 24hrs specifically to assist with tricombs production?

Or have I missed the point completely?
The screw and the darkness happens simultaneously for just one 36 hour period.

Great news everyone! I am closing on the new house in 2 weeks. We just await the appraisers and then get the final approval to close.
I have some great ideas in store for the next round or two, but one exciting thing I will be trying is one of our sponsor's products, the GEOFLORA Organic Dry Nutrients . I am curious how they will do in my old soil using my normal organic gardening techniques. I still plan a Hempy grow or two in perlite using MegaCrop... that should be interesting, and who knows what I will come up with as I get moved into the new house and set up my indoor and outdoor gardens.

Now I want to vent. I am tired of face masks, are you? Do you have any idea how frustrating face masks are to a lip reader?? I had a particularly dim bulb trying to help me in a store today, and she was very frantically trying to get me to do something, but she had that damn mask on and I couldn't see what she was saying. I tried to tell her, I am deaf... I can not hear you. She shouted louder. I still couldn't see her lips, but I could see how much more force she was pushing the cloth with her bleatings. Finally one of her coworkers came over, pulled down her mask and said, try it now. I stomped off angrily. I have had it with this mask thing. Its happening in my office too... and they all know I can't see them. No... I don't like this, not one bit. Please make it stop.

Please make it stop.
I sure wish I could, I feel for your frustration. I don't like wearing them but I will until a vaccine is ready because I don't want to die, I'm old and want to enjoy the time left after paying my dues with a lifetime of work. Congratulations on buying a house :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom