Emmie's Berry D'licious 2019 True Living Organic: No AACT, SCROG, COB, SuperSoil Production Grow & Seed Run

It is now about 7 hours after the last check, and being convinced that I see signs of pollination, I sprayed down the area very well with some tap water.
I have also attempted to bunch up each of the plants into a more manageable mess by wrapping a bit of twine around the outside at about mid plant level. This should help out a bunch, especially when these multiple buds become too heavy for the branches to hold up. I may yet have to get out bamboo to help hold it all up, but so far except for a couple of side branches, everything is still standing up well.

Now that the pollinated buds have been cleaned up, let me show you the difference, and how I know already that the branches have been pollinated.
Here is an unpollinated bud:

DSCF7292.JPG

Here are two of our recently fertilized buds. Note the color already on the pistils and how they have now pulled back to reveal more green bud. Seeds will quickly begin to form, and if past results hold to be the norm, I should get around 200 seeds per branch by doing it this early.

DSCF7293.JPG
DSCF7291.JPG

Looking good, and excellent photographs of what happens when a bud is pollinated! :welldone:

I usually buy feminized seeds, but I could only get regular seeds of Fat Purple which is a strain I’ve been trying to get for awhile. I’m germinating one right now. If it turns out to be male I’m going to try what you have done here. Do you know if carbon filters catch pollen? I have a separate tent I could put it in if it’s a male

At some point I want to challenge myself to not lose even one leaf through an entire grow.
It was what seems a few years ago that I first me you here and I remember having a debate about something similar but about the Cotyledons. You told me at that point that any leaf including cotyledons can be kept healthy. It was many of my following grows that I really focused on keeping every leaf happy. A while back I mentioned in a thread somewhere that on many occasions since, I have been able to harvest plants with the Cotyledons still there. It's funny because I was pretty much called a liar in that thread until I went down to the growroom and snapped pics of the plants I had just harvested and they Cotyledons were still there. A person or two ate crow at that point haha.

While it is natural I guess and just fine to lose em, they don't necessarily HAVE to shrivel up and fall off.

I usually buy feminized seeds, but I could only get regular seeds of Fat Purple which is a strain I’ve been trying to get for awhile. I’m germinating one right now. If it turns out to be male I’m going to try what you have done here. Do you know if carbon filters catch pollen? I have a separate tent I could put it in if it’s a male
a carbon filter is not a microfine filter, and no, I would not expect it to catch all of the pollen. I too have a separate tent for the male to go to, but I just don't put a fan on that one during the week or two he is going to be in there. In today's world of low heat LED lights, this is now practical.

Oh ... by the way ... I was reading about watering and flushing yesterday ... and the article indicated that if we flush, the osmotic pressure at the roots goes way down and we run the risk of bursting plants cells.

I am doing a feed/water/feed/water cycle ... should I be concerned with just watering in soil? or coco?

Again @Emilya ... this journal is really educational and still my favorite!!!

Oh ... by the way ... I was reading about watering and flushing yesterday ... and the article indicated that if we flush, the osmotic pressure at the roots goes way down and we run the risk of bursting plants cells.

I am doing a feed/water/feed/water cycle ... should I be concerned with just watering in soil? or coco?

Again @Emilya ... this journal is really educational and still my favorite!!!
lol...
let me know the first time you get documented evidence of a plant exploding because it was flushed. On that day I will immediately stop flushing and I will go on a lifelong personal campaign to stop the awful practice of blowing up our plants with water. If water was so dangerous, would not the fall rains be deadly for plants of all kinds? How in the name of all that is holy does rice exist? Water lilies? Lotus blossoms?
In my humble opinion the "expert" who wrote that article is a flaming moron... let's see some proof. And yes, the osmotic pressure goes way down when we flush... why is that do you suppose? ITS BECAUSE THE PLANTS HAVE HAD ALL THEY NEED TO DRINK AND THERE IS NO MORE ROOM FOR MORE WATER. sorry for that... I wasn't shouting; I was expressing extreme sarcasm for the aforementioned idiot. He is essentially saying that the plants are so stupid that they will just continue drinking and drinking and drinking and drinking.... lol... I am about to fall out of my chair.

Might have been a she?
Right... Women are usually the more intuitive sex in my experience and due to my personal biases I did automatically assign a male viewpoint to this comedy, but I at all times attempt to be an equal opportunity labeler of idiocy. It is indeed a topsy turvy world we find ourselves in, and with my advanced education I should know better than to use my pronouns so discriminatingly.
I of course should have said that THIS PERSON is essentially saying... thus keeping my comments gender neutral.
Thank you for your kind admonition designed to keep me PC. It is probably my admitted failings in this area that moved me out of the public banking world and into a corner office where I can not so easily offend the idiots that we allow to wander about the world. :peace: :love:

Hi Em. I made it to your fantastic grow tutorial. Loving everything and learning . I swear you're new grow was removed from my electronic sight here at 420 mag. You might have seen me going through all of your writings BUT this journal over the weeks. Oh well I'm over most of the stages of grief by now. :) I'm strapped in and glad to be here. Brought a boat load of Lutefisk and a barrel of 1919 Root Beer for all! :p Thanks for the detail to timing, amounts of things and their reasons. Plants are looking beautiful.

Hi Em. I made it to your fantastic grow tutorial. Loving everything and learning . I swear you're new grow was removed from my electronic sight here at 420 mag. You might have seen me going through all of your writings BUT this journal over the weeks. Oh well I'm over most of the stages of grief by now. :) I'm strapped in and glad to be here. Brought a boat load of Lutefisk and a barrel of 1919 Root Beer for all! :p Thanks for the detail to timing, amounts of things and their reasons. Plants are looking beautiful.
I am glad that you did find your way to my hidden journal. I have noted that my high tech firewall system has indeed kept many notables from responding, but I assure myself each time I approach the keyboard that many more people read these words than respond to them. Thank you for being one of the elite Stoneotter, and it is a pleasure to know that you, Mrs. Otter and all the otterettes are here! :ciao:

nice pollination shots and process description em.

Brought a boat load of Lutefisk and a barrel of 1919 Root Beer for all!
leave the barrel and float that boat right back out the harbour.... lutefisk.. eating bait with a side of gastrointestinal torture

I of course should have said that THIS PERSON is essentially saying..

Unless an author clearly indicates that their remarks are specific to a sex, or person, I view all pronouns as genderless. I view the word man as a contraction of the word human, unless the author specifically indicates they are discussing a male. I'm not one to care about political correctness. Even names have been genderless since Johnny Cash sang 'A Boy Named Sue.'

I am glad that you did find your way to my hidden journal. I have noted that my high tech firewall system has indeed kept many notables from responding, but I assure myself each time I approach the keyboard that many more people read these words than respond to them. Thank you for being one of the elite Stoneotter, and it is a pleasure to know that you, Mrs. Otter and all the otterettes are here! :ciao:
I'm happy to see you break down old barriers and give this microbe rich growing the life it deserves! This grow is answering many questions. Some I didn't know I had.
nice pollination shots and process description em.

leave the barrel and float that boat right back out the harbour.... lutefisk.. eating bait with a side of gastrointestinal torture
That didn't take long. Haha. It was a featured program, Chronicle, on a local tv station a few years ago. Being an avid fisherman (and fish eater) I'm a lot curios about lye cured ocean cuisine.

Yes it’s just outrage culture. I am not a fan. I do believe people should be respected on an individual basis though.

Everyone gets a modicum of respect from me when I first meet them. The amount varies with their posistion or profession. That respect is increased or or can be lost by the person's actions as I get to know them. Ask anyone in the military of any country in the world and you will find that they salute the rank for officers that they have lost all respect for, and the man for those they respect. There is quite a difference in the salutes.

Back
Top Bottom