Emmie's LSD Grow Log

Today I will review our first favorite in the tent, Green Crack! This little girl grew into a wonderfully ripe young woman and she was plucked at just the peak of her perfection. This one just went right all through the grow, and oh my did her cured out nugs show it! Everyone wants GC around here, not so much for the taste on this one, as for the energetic high.

DSCF5653.JPG

She was named correctly, and don't try to sleep on this one... I could not possibly sleep with my my racing like this. If you want to totally clean the house, balance the checkbook, check the markets, write a few journal pages, go to the bank, grocery store, hardware store, write this review and pick up a birthday card... all in one morning, this is the connoisseur pot for you.

Her taste is a bit like an earthy mix of green tea and asparagus, not unpleasant, but nothing to write home about. Her high does not even feel that strong at first, because it is not a body high as much as a bolt of energy directly into the brain. You will feel the first hit around your temples and the middle of your head, and about the time that registers you will already be making a list of things that you want to get done. This is a classic wake and bake pot... one that will get you going in the morning and keep you moving until late in the day.

Green Crack is one of my favorite strains so far as a daytime, socializing pot. She will be a frequent visitor to Emmie's gardens.

Forgive the interruption...

What with all the excellent weed around here lately, the holiday and normal weekend activities, it has been hard to organize all but the most necessary things. Now that life is settling back to normal around here, let's finish out these reviews to complete this journal.

Today I will focus on Royal Queen Critical.

DSCF56653.JPG

There is a lot to like about this strain. When you grow her, let her have plenty of kolas to work with, because each one will become huge! This is what is known as a cash crop... she has huge yields per plant, developing very large nugs that have great bag appeal. She is easy to grow and looks spectacular.

That said, I didn't like her much at first. She has what to me is an off putting taste, a sort of earthy chocolate that I find hard to get used to. Before she was fully cured, the added green taste was too much for me to take, and I kept her in the jar for the better part of a month, without touching her.

A good cure was the key to this one. The green taste is now totally gone and the flavor palate has smoothed out to the point where neither the chocolate nor the earthiness are overpowering, and I can appreciate this unique taste... especially after I feel her hit me on the very first toke!

Some people, especially new smokers, have troubles feeling their highs. This is not a problem with RQC, for she hits both head and body with an equally forcible blow. No matter your orientation, toward head or body high, you will feel this one coming on strong. She is a 50/50 mix and at a strength that needs to be reckoned with.

This is an impressive pot with a strong and long lasting stone as well as an intellectual boost. If you are into flavored papers, this one lends itself well to adding its light tastes to one that is more to your liking. Some people will love this earthy pot, some will not. Everyone will agree that it looks impressive. I give this one a 7 out of 10 and would grow it again if I needed a reliable heavy weight producer in a commercial crowd.

Hey Emilya, how's the garden going? It would be nice to see your constructive informative posts again I'm sure I'm not the only one that's missed them. I hope you and yours are all well, sending you some :love:

Hey Emilya, how's the garden going? It would be nice to see your constructive informative posts again I'm sure I'm not the only one that's missed them. I hope you and yours are all well, sending you some :love:
Hi Kraize! I am still here... still doing updates as I can...

Click on my magick link down below here, and you will see that I have several active journals going, Sugar Black Rose, Knockout, Acapulco Golds, and two journals with some amazing breeder seeds. Matter of fact, I was planning on doing a massive update on those in flower in the next night or two... I just had to move a MH into the room because I hate pictures taken in HPS light. We are right now in the 5th week in flower, and the buds are starting to get very impressive!

Oh by the way... an update on the LSD while I am here.

OMG, this was some excellent smoke after a full cure! It is almost gone now, and I will have to grow some more one day soon. The high is the main thing with this variety... and it is a wonderful and productive high. I can create and write and give speeches on this pot, and I can feel my mind open up on the first puff. I like this pot. This is exactly the sort of high that I seek out... I call it an intellectual and empathic high. This is mother ganja unleashed, with her full power realized in this plant.

Damn, I have 1 bud of that LSD in cure still here, it was my last bud before my last harvest and luckily half of it has survived :) I'm going to save it for another few months until I'm out again or even better for a special occasion, it's that kind of weed lol.

Thanks for pointing me towards your links I swear I looked before and couldn't see them, here is to more LSD :thumb:

Yeah I remember you used rocks which is great but my pots are 10gallons and I hate to think of adding rocks haha. I am always moving and rearranging pots to examine them or adjust their grow position. These pots when full are already a bear!

I was having the same issue and I found Plastec CDW12 Cedar Wood Caddy on a great site that delivers. I have them under my smart pots and spin my pots around easily.... here's a picture with them in use...plus no need for a drain since there are slots that give plenty of air on the bottom.

WP_20160715_003.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

I really enjoyed reading this grow Emilya. Im going to have to look back as a reference because I learned so much. I always wanted to see how LSD grew. And how she smoked so thank you for that. Also I liked that you posted the ingredients you use for your tea. I will use that as a reference. Also I was also curious about the lighting before the flip and right before harvest. So you find them both beneficial? because I would do 24 hours of darkness before I chopped because I read that terpenes are the strongest right before the lights came on or sun up. Hey what was that about the far red lighting that comes on 5 min before lights out and stays on for a little? I heard someone else talking about this a while back. What did you find it improves? Hey also I saw you and a few other mention brix content. I am really interested in learning that as I am making the switch to super soil and I am building it next month so its ready in june! But yea between getting the right amendments as I mentioned in my other post and learning about spikes, top dressing, and AACT and brix content I am really trying to learn a lot about organic growing. So ill be reading your logs and all the other organic growers on here. If you have anything that you think will be a good read let me know, I finished Ed Rosenthals book and I am starting True Living Organics by Rev. hey and last question Im not sure if you mentioned it but the Tangerine Dream, and the Green Crack were labeled as is. Now those aren't the ones you crossed with the male AK-47 Right? I wanted to know how the crosses came out for you. And also the straight ak cross to make f2s..
anyways Em I hope your garden is kicking
stay high~stay free
Release the medicine

I really enjoyed reading this grow Emilya. Im going to have to look back as a reference because I learned so much. I always wanted to see how LSD grew. And how she smoked so thank you for that. Also I liked that you posted the ingredients you use for your tea. I will use that as a reference. Also I was also curious about the lighting before the flip and right before harvest. So you find them both beneficial? because I would do 24 hours of darkness before I chopped because I read that terpenes are the strongest right before the lights came on or sun up. Hey what was that about the far red lighting that comes on 5 min before lights out and stays on for a little? I heard someone else talking about this a while back. What did you find it improves? Hey also I saw you and a few other mention brix content. I am really interested in learning that as I am making the switch to super soil and I am building it next month so its ready in june! But yea between getting the right amendments as I mentioned in my other post and learning about spikes, top dressing, and AACT and brix content I am really trying to learn a lot about organic growing. So ill be reading your logs and all the other organic growers on here. If you have anything that you think will be a good read let me know, I finished Ed Rosenthals book and I am starting True Living Organics by Rev. hey and last question Im not sure if you mentioned it but the Tangerine Dream, and the Green Crack were labeled as is. Now those aren't the ones you crossed with the male AK-47 Right? I wanted to know how the crosses came out for you. And also the straight ak cross to make f2s..
anyways Em I hope your garden is kicking
stay high~stay free
Release the medicine
Hi!
Glad you enjoyed it, she was a fun one to grow out. Yes, I have found both of the lighting tricks to be beneficial, and that makes sense since there are so many growers out there that write and swear about those methods. Where there is smoke there is fire they say, and in this case it seems that where there are lots of people talking about a technique, there probably is something to it. The darkness before switching to flower seems to hasten the switch to flowering mode by as much as 3 days, and the darkness at the end seems to improve just about everything... the trichomes noticeably get longer and I believe the buds get just a bit more fragrant... but that is a very subjective observation. The trichomes however seem to really change, and much more than they do in a side by side with the control plant staying in the light... it is not just the additional time sitting in the dark... it is something about them not being degraded by the light for that last dark period and then going right into harvest. We know that light harms the trichomes, so this makes perfect sense for the plant to take advantage of an extended dark period at the end.
Regarding Brix and increasing it for better yields, investigate the work that Doc Bud is doing in his High Brix Q&A thread, and seriously consider buying his "kit" for your first grow while your soil matures. I am convinced he is onto something very important with the work he is doing, especially the timing of and the composition of his cationic drench.
Lastly, the crosses... all of the ak's DE&F are simple crosses back to the AK47, or F1's. Cross any of these back to one of the originals, and you will have an F2. What I suggest you do with each of these is plant 10 of them, and then watch for the pheno's to show up. Some will be either AK or the other, some will be a mix, some will be the grandparents of the originals. You never know what will show up with F1s, hence the low low cost. :) Have fun with it... there are sure to be some surprises. Compare what you see to pictures of the original lines, and the genetics are far enough apart that you should have no trouble telling which is which.

I wanted to know how the crosses came out for you. And also the straight ak cross to make f2s..
I just wanted to clarify this point...

When you create seeds from the male and female of a plant you are growing, these seeds are not yet f2's...

All that has been done is to unlock the genetics, and now bred back to itself, an f1 is totally unstable... you can't tell what will result. It is more likely that the seeds of this union will produce this same plant, but it is almost as likely that any other red headed relative from the past will pop out and show itself now that the genetics have been unlocked. This is one of the fun things about creating seeds, sometimes you can find a real jewel hidden in the genetics that went together to create the strain you are working with. I am always looking for that odd plant, and immediately take clones of these anomalies in case they turn out to be something very special.
Once you find something special, you can breed that back again with something from that strain, amplifying the chances of that characteristic to show up. Seeds produced from that pairing, back to a more stable line, then creates f2 seeds... and the trait becomes more and more likely to occur, each time you breed back toward the trait that you are going for, and with each purifying of the trait, the seeds produced are more and more likely to produce the plant you are going for. It is only at this f3 and even f4 levels that we then say that the seeds have been stabilized. I have done this two ways... finding two odd plants showing the same trait and then breeding those two lines back together... or guessing the strain in the past that produced that trait, and then purchasing those seeds to breed back to my experimental line. Both methods can after several rounds, stabilize the trait or move toward the variety that you are trying to produce.

Emilya,

Looks like a great grow, beautiful to say the least.
I may have missed it but can you please give s weight report also on each strain, starting a BF's LSD now and wondering about height and final yield.

GR

Emilya,

I may have missed it but can you please give s weight report also on each strain, starting a BF's LSD now and wondering about height and final yield.

GR

Hay GR, :ciao:

Canada Guy has an LSD grow just finishing up. He is getting some magnificent yields after going 100+ days in flower
Canada Guy's Medical Fusion Grow

Emilya,

GR
Please check out post #225 for the harvest report on the LSD... each strain on this multi strain grow was harvested at a different time and weight reports were given on each of the posts documenting those events. Final yield in my process is always 27% of what the wet weight at harvest turned out to be... just do the math. Also, each variety was given a smoke report near the end of this thread. It is a lot of reading, but I think I included everything you asked for except for height... that is a variable managed by the gardener, and I rarely report on height other than starting flower at around 24". I hope you get the yield you are hoping for, but that again depends a lot on you... not the plants. :)

I have given new looks toward superthrive and liquid karma because of the work Doc is doing.
Don't do it Em... superthrive is definitely NOT organic... if you don't get it all flushed out before harvest the smoke will definitely irritate your throat... I found out the hard way a long time ago :rolleyes:

Greetings everyone! We are going to do a timewarp here now, and we are going to revisit this old journal, because we are using the very same seeds in this grow, almost 5 years later! I will ask the moderators to move this journal back into the active journal section and we will see how this grow goes as compared to the first one.

So many things are different this time... a new house, no grow tents, the lights have modernized to LED, and @GeoFlora Nutrients wasn't around back then. This variety is a major pain to get going according to many who have tried her, and these old seeds did not disappoint. At least two of the plants were J-roots, as was the problem in 2016, so it definitely was something in the strain. Even today, as I completed the work on their final uppot, I had to do what I could to shore up the leaners to get these plants going well, positioned more vertically for bloom.

I transplanted them yesterday and watered and fed them, but I was not at all convinced that the old dry 2nd hand soil had absorbed all the water it could, so I let them sit for a day, and then today I watered again to runoff. This time I used some of my fermented dandelion root extract too, so as to promote more rapid root growth. They also got another dose of SNS 203 foliar in a continuing fight against the few bugs that are left.

DSCF0162.JPG

By watering and feeding on the day of the final transplant, we are confident in giving them a last round of @GeoFlora Nutrients VEG, until we flip them to bloom at the end of this next two weeks. On that next watering they will get their first round of BLOOM. Then we go into 2 weeks of stretch and by the end of that phase we will have been building roots in the new containers for a month, and I am confident that they will be set for a great bloom phase.

Today they also got a very severe lower trimming, taking out all extraneous growth, leaving only the branches that are already showing at the top of the canopy. This time we are going for quality above all else, so anything even remotely looking like it could produce larf, was removed.

DSCF0160.JPG
DSCF0159.JPG
DSCF0158.JPG

Here is the pile of trim from 5 plants.

DSCF0163.JPG

The Far and Deep red trigger light has been installed and wired up. It has its own WYZE plug and now can be controlled easily from anywhere and put on an automatic schedule. These red lights will now come on 20 minutes before and after a light change, for a total of 40 minutes twice a day.

Neat above ground electrical, and a heavy duty 3 way junction.
DSCF0154.JPG

Here is the regular light from the MEGA without color correction:

DSCF0155.JPG

Here is with the red lights on:

DSCF0156.JPG

And here of course, is just the red lights.

DSCF0157.JPG

You can see in these pictures that we are revisiting the plastic build as you go tomato cages. I am convinced that they can be used more intelligently, so as to allow the canopy to expand at the top. Today we have only installed as much caging as needed to do the job, and only one plant needed 3 sides... several of them were able to be brought up to vertical and very well managed, just by the installation of one horizontal support.

DSCF0161.JPG

Greetings everyone! We are going to do a timewarp here now, and we are going to revisit this old journal, because we are using the very same seeds in this grow, almost 5 years later! I will ask the moderators to move this journal back into the active journal section and we will see how this grow goes as compared to the first one.

So many things are different this time... a new house, no grow tents, the lights have modernized to LED, and @GeoFlora Nutrients wasn't around back then. This variety is a major pain to get going according to many who have tried her, and these old seeds did not disappoint. At least two of the plants were J-roots, as was the problem in 2016, so it definitely was something in the strain. Even today, as I completed the work on their final uppot, I had to do what I could to shore up the leaners to get these plants going well, positioned more vertically for bloom.

I transplanted them yesterday and watered and fed them, but I was not at all convinced that the old dry 2nd hand soil had absorbed all the water it could, so I let them sit for a day, and then today I watered again to runoff. This time I used some of my fermented dandelion root extract too, so as to promote more rapid root growth. They also got another dose of SNS 203 foliar in a continuing fight against the few bugs that are left.

DSCF0162.JPG

By watering and feeding on the day of the final transplant, we are confident in giving them a last round of @GeoFlora Nutrients VEG, until we flip them to bloom at the end of this next two weeks. On that next watering they will get their first round of BLOOM. Then we go into 2 weeks of stretch and by the end of that phase we will have been building roots in the new containers for a month, and I am confident that they will be set for a great bloom phase.

Today they also got a very severe lower trimming, taking out all extraneous growth, leaving only the branches that are already showing at the top of the canopy. This time we are going for quality above all else, so anything even remotely looking like it could produce larf, was removed.

DSCF0160.JPG
DSCF0159.JPG
DSCF0158.JPG
DSCF0154.JPG

Here is the pile of trim from 5 plants.

DSCF0163.JPG

The Far and Deep red trigger light has been installed and wired up. It has its own WYZE plug and now can be controlled easily from anywhere and put on an automatic schedule. These red lights will now come on 20 minutes before and after a light change, for a total of 40 minutes twice a day.

Neat above ground electrical, and a heavy duty 3 way junction.
DSCF0154.JPG

Here is the regular light from the MEGA without color correction:

DSCF0155.JPG

Here is with the red lights on:

DSCF0156.JPG

And here of course, is just the red lights.

DSCF0157.JPG

You can see in these pictures that we are revisiting the plastic build as you go tomato cages. I am convinced that they can be used more intellegently, so as to allow the canopy to expand at the top. Today we have only installed as much caging as needed to do the job, and only one plant needed 3 sides... several of them were able to be brought up to vertical and very well managed, just by the installation of one support.

DSCF0161.JPG
Nice time warp. Love the plastic support and other supports. The Mega is bright as hell. And BIG, bigger than I thought now that I see it in play. Wow. And your reds!!! I'm jealous. That's a crapload more reds than I get from my two blurples, even with 570 watts of reds. Damn, nice install. GREAT reds. I want one.

Know anything about the California Lightworks supplemental UV lights? (If we're allowed to discuss a bit?) They're on sale for around $90 each, and two would be awesome to add to any of my setups. I was considering pulling the trigger on a couple.

Do you always defol the bottom in one fell swoop like that? Reason I ask is that I do the same thing, only I spread it out over about two weeks, doing about a third each time, three separate sessions. My thinking is that it accomplishes the same goal in a time frame that's just fine, and the stress to the plant is perhaps less than doing it all at once. Any thoughts on that?

So do I have to "follow" this separately now? Or did I get dragged along in the time warp automatically?

Nice time warp. Love the plastic support and other supports. The Mega is bright as hell. And BIG, bigger than I thought now that I see it in play. Wow. And your reds!!! I'm jealous. That's a crapload more reds than I get from my two blurples, even with 570 watts of reds. Damn, nice install. GREAT reds. I want one.

Know anything about the California Lightworks supplemental UV lights? (If we're allowed to discuss a bit?) They're on sale for around $90 each, and two would be awesome to add to any of my setups. I was considering pulling the trigger on a couple.

Do you always defol the bottom in one fell swoop like that? Reason I ask is that I do the same thing, only I spread it out over about two weeks, doing about a third each time, three separate sessions. My thinking is that it accomplishes the same goal in a time frame that's just fine, and the stress to the plant is perhaps less than doing it all at once. Any thoughts on that?

So do I have to "follow" this separately now? Or did I get dragged along in the time warp automatically?
I don't know the lights you are referring to, but to stay in the safe zone I no longer mention lights that are not from sponsors... but really, I don't know anything.

This was just the first major trim and yes, I usually do it all at once. Oftentimes I will do one before this so as to make it easier to water. I believe that while in VEG you can get by with this and the plant will simply adjust to what its new reality is, without freaking out. There is no way I would do this after the flip though... then I go very slow if I have to trim something. In a couple of weeks, just before the flip, I will go in again and get any additional growth that mistakenly thinks it deserves to grow to the end, and then I will leave them alone from there.

No, you will have to sub to this thread now too, but you did that simply by responding... so all is good.

Back
Top Bottom