Emmie's Mars Hydro SP-3000 Bloom Room Test vs NextLight MEGA

Mars Hydro's @SmokeSara approached me to see if I wanted to test the new SP-3000 and having the room to immediately put it to work, I happy accepted the offer to do a sponsored grow.

The new light arrived today in a very stealthy plain cardboard box that did not alert the neighbors what was coming in. The light was sturdily packaged in that box, with strong styrofoam end pieces and wooden inserts in the middle, to carefully protect the light from any possible shipping damage.

Opening the box I was impressed as to how strong and well built the light array is. Setting it up was a breeze using the supplied wire hangers and medium strength yo-yo's and the light spectrum seems to be not so different than what is already in the room. The commercial quality MEGA with its 5x5 footprint is taking care of half of the room, and the 2x5 footprint of this light will take care of one corner of the so far unused area in back of the bloom room, adding 10 square feet of new usable footprint to the room.

Since MarsHydro is a sponsor of 420Mag, I can give you a link! Here is my new light:

My intent is to finish out the present bloom by putting 2 of my durbans and one other short plant under this light and pulling it down to 18" from the canopy, and then comparing the results to the MEGA's commercial quality light in the back half of the room. When we bring the new plants in for the next bloom period, I will do a couple of side by side comparisons of the two lights using identical clones and we should get a good idea what this light is capable of.

The MEGA is a behemoth, and with its large footprint in a room with multi-height plants, it is probably not going to be able to get in down low like this light can, unless the room is full of equal sized plants. This light, because of its narrow footprint, can get in tight where needed, and it is my belief that this flexibility can and probably will outperform the MEGA.

We will see! Thank you again to @SmokeSara and MarsHydro for giving me this opportunity to test this light and finally join the Mars community in style, with my first ever chance to use a high quality Mars light.

DSCF8643.JPG
DSCF8642.JPG
DSCF8632.JPG
DSCF8631.JPG
DSCF8630.JPG
DSCF8629.JPG

Very nice and congratulations.

Just took a look and looks like I can get the same light and a 2x5 tent for about the same price as a FC3000 light. Do you think its gonna be feasible to grow 4 plants under this light through bloom in a 2x5 ?

Very nice and congratulations.

Just took a look and looks like I can get the same light and a 2x5 tent for about the same price as a FC3000 light. Do you think its gonna be feasible to grow 4 plants under this light through bloom in a 2x5 ?
Thanks!
it can be done... I lived for years in a 2x4 tent... it can get crowded though

Thanks!
it can be done... I lived for years in a 2x4 tent... it can get crowded though

Sounds like my 3x3 tent is likly easyer to keep growing In i guess. Would make the change this IF it would be comparable.

The SP-3000 has been put to work this afternoon, and it is pumping out a great deal of light for 3 lucky plants who have been moved under it.

DSCF8646.JPG

Our pollinated Durban Poison is there at Day 11 of Bloom, so we can compare her against her other 3 sisters later on. Strawberry Cough has been moved because she is short and could use some more intense light, and she is on Day 32 of Bloom. Lastly, looking for a great finish, the short in stature but wide in bud, Deep Cheese has been moved under this new light, at Day 42, just in time for the final 2 weeks.

DSCF8649.JPG
DSCF8648.JPG
DSCF8647.JPG

The plants are loving the Mars light and especially the Deep Cheese who is finishing up, is building up and looking amazing under this light. The Kosher Daddy is showing good penetration all the way down to the bottom of the plant, and bud growth has really taken off like crazy since being set under this light and allowed to be a little closer than the MEGA was allowing.

DSCF8681.JPG
DSCF8680.JPG
DSCF8679.JPG
DSCF8678.JPG

I'm in :popcorn:

...I was looking at the TSL-2000 for my veg/auto closet, but then it turned colder, and my 400 watt HID cool tube cranks it w/o an exhaust fan :rofl: ...but I still think the TSL-2000 would be good for summer...

So, once again, if you don't mind, I'll stop in from time to time to see how it's going :passitleft:

Lovely ladies BTW :yummy: :battingeyelashes::drool:

Can't wait for the taste test :hookah: Loved your LSD grow... even though it's several years old... been thinking of growing some myself... always looking for the scoop on the dankest strains... genetics is king

I think we can already see a difference between our test Durban Poisons. The one under the NextLight, because of the vertical distance forced by the height of some of the plants in that 5x5 footprint, seems to already have less trichome development than the one sitting a foot or so away from the Mars Hydro SP-3000.

Judge for yourself, Here is under the Nextlight:

DSCF8711.JPG

Here is under Martian light:

DSCF8712.JPG

I can see more trichome development on the Mars plant with my naked eye.

I think we can already see a difference between our test Durban Poisons. The one under the NextLight, because of the vertical distance forced by the height of some of the plants in that 5x5 footprint, seems to already have less trichome development than the one sitting a foot or so away from the Mars Hydro SP-3000.

Judge for yourself, Here is under the Nextlight:

DSCF8711.JPG

Here is under Martian light:

DSCF8712.JPG

I can see more trichome development on the Mars plant with my naked eye.
i have noticed a big difference in trichs for this grow of mine using the sp3000 too Em. one down drying is a trich monster and 2 with a couple of weeks to go. very impressed with it.. looking good here too. great comparison run

Mars Hydro's @SmokeSara approached me to see if I wanted to test the new SP-3000 and having the room to immediately put it to work, I happy accepted the offer to do a sponsored grow.

The new light arrived today in a very stealthy plain cardboard box that did not alert the neighbors what was coming in. The light was sturdily packaged in that box, with strong styrofoam end pieces and wooden inserts in the middle, to carefully protect the light from any possible shipping damage.

Opening the box I was impressed as to how strong and well built the light array is. Setting it up was a breeze using the supplied wire hangers and medium strength yo-yo's and the light spectrum seems to be not so different than what is already in the room. The commercial quality MEGA with its 5x5 footprint is taking care of half of the room, and the 2x5 footprint of this light will take care of one corner of the so far unused area in back of the bloom room, adding 10 square feet of new usable footprint to the room.

Since MarsHydro is a sponsor of 420Mag, I can give you a link! Here is my new light:

My intent is to finish out the present bloom by putting 2 of my durbans and one other short plant under this light and pulling it down to 18" from the canopy, and then comparing the results to the MEGA's commercial quality light in the back half of the room. When we bring the new plants in for the next bloom period, I will do a couple of side by side comparisons of the two lights using identical clones and we should get a good idea what this light is capable of.

The MEGA is a behemoth, and with its large footprint in a room with multi-height plants, it is probably not going to be able to get in down low like this light can, unless the room is full of equal sized plants. This light, because of its narrow footprint, can get in tight where needed, and it is my belief that this flexibility can and probably will outperform the MEGA.

We will see! Thank you again to @SmokeSara and MarsHydro for giving me this opportunity to test this light and finally join the Mars community in style, with my first ever chance to use a high quality Mars light.

DSCF8643.JPG
DSCF8642.JPG
DSCF8632.JPG
DSCF8631.JPG
DSCF8630.JPG
DSCF8629.JPG
an official Marsian now emilya lol. these lights do not slouch at all for their size. good luck

Back
Top Bottom