420 Magazine Background

Emmie's Organic 10 Week Durban Poison, 2020

DRey

Bloom, Day 1
13 days into the transition, I will give it to her today. By tomorrow, there will be pistils everywhere. As you said @SoGnotSOG321 it can pop so quickly!

Now, I can accurately predict my harvest window... right around 84 days from today, January 5, 2021. :nerd-with-glasses:

DSCF8588.JPG
DSCF8587.JPG
Looks like a lot of trimming!

Emilya

Member of the Month: Mar 2019 - Grow Journal of the Month: Jan 2020
How long have you had these beauties in flower? Amazing swell on these buds especially for a Durban Poison! Love the colors too.
My 4 Durbans had 3 different finishing times. One was an early short Indica phenotype that finished in an amazingly fast 54 days, and turned out to be some very good smoke. One was a bit of a runt and was pollinated on one branch, and this poor abused plant went to 67 days and then she quit... dead, not taking any more water... she was done. The other two more closely followed the breeder notes and they both finished in 73 days, right in the 10 week window they were predicted to finish in.

As far as the swell goes, I credit the @NextLight Mega, the @Mars Hydro SP-3000 and our @GeoFlora Nutrients

DRey

Our next Durban has finished out at day 67, and she is beautiful. This is going to be good smoke. This right here is our seeded branch and you are looking at a few buds full of Poison Daddy seeds!

20201219_110329.jpg
So the "seeded branch" doesn't spread to others branches? Do you get both seeds and fem buds on the same plant? Man I'd LOVE to hear about this process in detail! I have about 40 Durban Poison clones in my clone, veg and flower tents and I'd truly LOVE to make some seeds. I've been reading about STS (Silver Thiophosphate) and it seems pretty straightforward but I have all the stupid questions like - do you get both seeds and fem branches?

If you'll share details I'll send you some of my Landrace (Durban Poison) seeds when they come!

DRey

My 4 Durbans had 3 different finishing times. One was an early short Indica phenotype that finished in an amazingly fast 54 days, and turned out to be some very good smoke. One was a bit of a runt and was pollinated on one branch, and this poor abused plant went to 67 days and then she quit... dead, not taking any more water... she was done. The other two more closely followed the breeder notes and they both finished in 73 days, right in the 10 week window they were predicted to finish in.

As far as the swell goes, I credit the @NextLight Mega, the @Mars Hydro SP-3000 and our @GeoFlora Nutrients
I had a similar experience with DP's. My first crop I took one plant at 10 weeks and two others a few weeks later, same room, same light but vastly different growing experience. Your bud swell sure looks like they're ready - I bet the smell after cure is amazing - mine was/is!

Emilya

Member of the Month: Mar 2019 - Grow Journal of the Month: Jan 2020
So the "seeded branch" doesn't spread to others branches? Do you get both seeds and fem buds on the same plant? Man I'd LOVE to hear about this process in detail! I have about 40 Durban Poison clones in my clone, veg and flower tents and I'd truly LOVE to make some seeds. I've been reading about STS (Silver Thiophosphate) and it seems pretty straightforward but I have all the stupid questions like - do you get both seeds and fem branches?

If you'll share details I'll send you some of my Landrace (Durban Poison) seeds when they come!
I had a similar experience with DP's. My first crop I took one plant at 10 weeks and two others a few weeks later, same room, same light but vastly different growing experience. Your bud swell sure looks like they're ready - I bet the smell after cure is amazing - mine was/is!
I detailed the process of pollinating one branch earlier in this thread and in my Kosher Daddy thread, complete with pictures and descriptions of the selective pollinating process using a baggie to isolate the pollen to only the one branch. This resulted in only one branch being pollinated, with the rest of the plant producing sensimillia buds.

You can also get seeds by overgrowing a plant. Keep a plant healthy right up to the end and then grow out several buds several weeks past the harvest date. The plant will typically hermi and produce female seeds for you. By using pollen from a male plant, the seeds that I have produced here should be 50% male and 50% female.

Yes, the buds smell amazing. Growing these 4 plants out were an exercise in recognizing when the plant was actually ready based in the trichomes and the presentation of the buds.

dequilo

Very Nice Flower :) your work is very nice

@CADBOY thank you sir for pointing me to these threads

see you at home :)

be safe and stay free

Dequilo

Top Bottom