Emmie's Organic 10 Week Durban Poison, 2020

The Durbans need to be transplanted, but we can't do it tonight... I am sterilizing soil. The root aphids have freaked me out and that is not going to happen again. Tomorrow, with bugless soil, we will get them moved. For now, we are watering every day. The seem happy though; I think they love me.

Here they are shortly after a good watering... just as happy as they can be.

DSCF8489.JPG

Veg, Day 30

The Durban family got an upgrade this evening and have moved into 5 gallon containers. They got their next hit of @GeoFlora Nutrients and a good watering to merge the soil regions. They each got 1 gallon of sterilized supersoil in the bottom, then 1 gallon of Ocean Forest. The rootball was set in on top of that, and then Happy Frog was packed in up to an inch from the top. The plan is to veg for 1 more week where they are at and then move them into the bloom room for 2 weeks of stretch, and by then they should have roots well established down into these containers. I will get some pictures tomorrow.... tonight I am pooped and we are going to retire early.

Durban-Poison-Feminized-Marijuana-Strains.png
I have been waiting for a long time to grow this one out. I have been waiting for good enough lights to do it justice, and thanks to 420 Magazine, I have one very good bloom room light, and am hoping to be lucky enough to have more lights soon. I think my skills are finally up to this task, and most importantly, I now have the space to dedicate to this project.

Durban Poison is a landrace strain, and it should be worth any extra effort she may require. The seeds are feminized and I planted 4 of them with 2 of the early risers up so far. She will be grown organically using @GeoFlora Nutrients in a layered mix of supersoil, Fox Farm Ocean Forest and Fox Farm Happy Frog.

Being a sativa dominant, she is going to try to be tall, and stretch will without a doubt, be a pain. I plan on moving her right to bloom as soon as I can get some clones off of them, and then we will mass produce a run of them in the next Bloom room that have grown out a bit more... that should be exciting, and it may be the last time I try that in a 6'6" room.

Here are the stats:

1598215162933.png

The seeds are a westernized and feminized version of the original 14 week strain but its genetics are all Durban. I am drooling just thinking about smoking some of this in a few months.

More from CropKing:
More About Durban Poison Feminized
Descended from Original Durban, which is named after its origins in Durban, South Africa, Durban Poison comes with the same highly psychedelic effects that its parent is known for. That is not surprising at all, given the high THC content of this cannabis strain, which can go up to more than 20%.

It can be grown outdoors and indoors, and its buds are always fat and heavy and coated in thick layers of sparkling trichomes. You do not even have to smoke Durban Poison to get excited. The sight of its large glands generously overflowing with resin is enough to make you drool. If grown outdoors, Durban Poison can yield up to 350g. Indoors, that number shoots up to 550g.

Aside from psychedelic effects, a euphoric high can be expected as a result of smoking this strain. Your energy and creativity are given a boost. This is an ideal smoke for days when you have to be productive or need to think up concepts for important projects at work or at home. There is no burnout effect after.

Durban Poison is perfect if you are into the euphoric effects or feelings induced by strains that are dominantly sativa, as Durban Poison is 60% sativa. Nothing is better than sitting in the shade and feeling your mood slowly being lifted up by a Durban Poison joint.
Lol they say it grow 350 g outside and 550gs Inside, I think they got it backwards! But maybe it’s cuz the bud is that good! Here’s those pics EM.I looked up the blue god and it’s got some cannabis cups under it’s belt. Like2002 I think is said.
947F5669-358B-4A35-B51B-50D54F997928.jpeg
32CAF118-2EE3-48EE-A01F-3ECB3ED04B53.jpeg
E9FF132C-1B3D-444D-97DD-627F50BB58BA.jpeg
66563175-4C28-45FF-B3FB-B5F7B6FC14A6.jpeg
885154CB-E976-4A52-B5A4-606DBA6701F9.jpeg
2F430357-D16F-47FA-89EA-B7BFEC7CC3C4.jpeg
C2477C80-BBE9-4728-9206-08429EDD03C3.jpeg

Veg, Day 33

Here are the Durbans today, not needing water or anything else... just as happy as they can be.
DSCF8504.JPG

I have been trying to get a shot of my little friend for days now. Every once in a while, if you are very lucky, mother nature will send friendly visitors to help watch over your garden. I am clueless how he got up there 30 feet in the air, and in my new grow rooms, but I have a little tree frog who has taken up residence in my veg room! He and my carnivorous plants are helping to rid my room of pests. The frog is a momentous good luck sign, and he seems perfectly happy to share the garden with us.

DSCF8502.JPG
DSCF8512c.jpg

I believe CKS states 70/30 Sativa/Indica. My experience with their genetics is the leaves come out more Sativa like as the plant matures.
That seems to be exactly what is going on... we were just noticing yesterday that her new growth appears to be giving us thinner, more sativa looking leaves. They will get a watering today and I will take a few pictures with this in mind, seeing if we can spot a changeover as she matures getting ready for bloom.

That seems to be exactly what is going on... we were just noticing yesterday that her new growth appears to be giving us thinner, more sativa looking leaves. They will get a watering today and I will take a few pictures with this in mind, seeing if we can spot a changeover as she matures getting ready for bloom.

Same thing with my grow, you can see the foliage looks identical to yours in veg, but as she matured the large fan leaves were replaced with foliage more indicative of a sativa strain.

Durban Poison Micro Grow

Veg, Day 36

For some reason, our tree frog loves Durban Poison. I am going to move these over to the bloom room this weekend, and I hope our frog will be happy over there. I do hope he is finding whatever it is that he eats, before it eats our plants, but since he started climbing on the plants, I can't remember seeing any flies up there. We have decided that we like our little pet, and that he can stick around as long as he likes.
DSCF8520.JPG

Durban is ready to go to flower. She is throwing out pistils with abandon, but not allowed to go to bloom in the 18/6 light.

The 420 stickers showed up the other day too, so we started decorating the area with them already. The big square 420 stickers will be going somewhere prominent in the grow rooms, so that pictures with the plants will catch them... I'm just not sure where that place is just yet.
DSCF8525.JPG
DSCF8524.JPG

So here are our stars, the rapidly growing and now showing slightly skinner leaves at the top, but still very Indica looking. They are loving the Geoflora nutes, and they are working so well that the plants are all showing slightly burned tips on most of the leaves, just as I like to run my plants, and just like most well done organic grows do.

DSCF8523.JPG
DSCF8522.JPG
DSCF8521.JPG

Transition, Day 1

Durbans got moved to their new home in the bloom room, complete with our tree frog who came along for the ride. This morning by the way, he had already moved to the tallest plant in the room, the Gummy Bear... he knows what he is doing, and seems to like the NextLight MEGA as much as the plants do.

These plants will be fed again 1 week into the transition, with the @GeoFlora Nutrients BLOOM formula as they changeover to flowering mode. Today they look very healthy and strong, and 4 new tomato cages are on the way to help them along to the end.

DSCF8526.JPG

Emilya, maybe I have the names wrong, but thought you were a big fan of Mega-Crop, why the change to GeoFlora?
I like several things about MegaCrop, but I would not say I am a big fan. I was intrigued enough by MegaCrop and all the folks excitedly talking about it that I had to try it to see what all the hubbub was about. I liked the fact that the vegan nutrient system was able to provide results that looked like organic grows, and that indeed the plants had the ability to get everything they needed, right down to the trace minerals with this system. Bottom line still involved mixing up nutrients in a bucket and moving that water to the plants. While the mixing and application of Megacrop was easy, I still didn't like the system's similarity to other nutrient lines, where the gardener was the one making all the decisions for the plant and because of that it was still very easy to overfeed or underfeed the plants. The MC system forced gardeners to be able to read their plants well enough to understand macronutrient deficiencies and lockouts, and this in my opinion, made the product too hard to use for many amateur home gardeners who didn't want to learn the science, and just wanted to grow their own medicine.

I have spent years looking for what I considered to be the best, most easily reproducible and least easy to screw up, system that I could find. I have a paraplegic friend with one arm and no legs who wants to grow his own medicine. This remarkable man can accomplish a lot, but he has been my model for how easy I want my preferred method to be. I want that method to be natural and organic, and not physically demanding to use.

So to answer your question, @GeoFlora Nutrients has turned out to be the method I have been looking for. Simply apply it once every two weeks by throwing a half a cup of granules on the top of a 5 gallon container and the plants take over from there, making all the feeding decisions themselves. There is no guessing, no need to read the plants, and it is super easy to manage and apply. Their motto says it all, Organics Made Easy. I do wish they would find a cheaper way to ship stuff at Geo, but that so far is the only criticism I have of the company, and I have no complaints whatsoever about the product... indeed, I have nothing but praise to give it. And, in the end, my friend gave me a big smile and says he loves the product and his results so far. We devised a pvc tube applicator that he can use to get the granules onto his plants when needed, and with his watering wand he is all set and able to manage his own organic garden.

Back
Top Bottom