Emmie's Organic 10 Week Durban Poison, 2020

I like several things about MegaCrop, but I would not say I am a big fan. I was intrigued enough by MegaCrop and all the folks excitedly talking about it that I had to try it to see what all the hubbub was about. I liked the fact that the vegan nutrient system was able to provide results that looked like organic grows, and that indeed the plants had the ability to get everything they needed, right down to the trace minerals with this system. Bottom line still involved mixing up nutrients in a bucket and moving that water to the plants. While the mixing and application of Megacrop was easy, I still didn't like the system's similarity to other nutrient lines, where the gardener was the one making all the decisions for the plant and because of that it was still very easy to overfeed or underfeed the plants. The MC system forced gardeners to be able to read their plants well enough to understand macronutrient deficiencies and lockouts, and this in my opinion, made the product too hard to use for many amateur home gardeners who didn't want to learn the science, and just wanted to grow their own medicine.

I have spent years looking for what I considered to be the best, most easily reproducible and least easy to screw up, system that I could find. I have a paraplegic friend with one arm and no legs who wants to grow his own medicine. This remarkable man can accomplish a lot, but he has been my model for how easy I want my preferred method to be. I want that method to be natural and organic, and not physically demanding to use.

So to answer your question, @GeoFlora Nutrients has turned out to be the method I have been looking for. Simply apply it once every two weeks by throwing a half a cup of granules on the top of a 5 gallon container and the plants take over from there, making all the feeding decisions themselves. There is no guessing, no need to read the plants, and it is super easy to manage and apply. Their motto says it all, Organics Made Easy. I do wish they would find a cheaper way to ship stuff at Geo, but that so far is the only criticism I have of the company, and I have no complaints whatsoever about the product... indeed, I have nothing but praise to give it. And, in the end, my friend gave me a big smile and says he loves the product and his results so far. We devised a pvc tube applicator that he can use to get the granules onto his plants when needed, and with his watering wand he is all set and able to manage his own organic garden.
Sounds intriguing. I spend a lot of time making the right formula... I may consider this on the next grow. I wonder if it will work well with ff ocean?. I love that soil.

Sounds intriguing. I spend a lot of time making the right formula... I may consider this on the next grow. I wonder if it will work well with ff ocean?. I love that soil.
I am using FF Ocean Forest and Happy Frog in all of my grows, and yes, Geoflora works just fine in practically any SOIL.... it will not work in coco or soilless mixes. You could take any hardware store organic potting soil and use it effectively with Geoflora.... everything just works MO better when you start off with a good rich base soil like FFOF.

Does that stink up the house? I decarbed some candida the other morning and when the wife got home that afternoon if looks could kill... :laughtwo:
Yes, my partner has those looks, and has banned me from baking egg shells to make calcium phosphate ever again in our kitchen. Soil has a good earthy smell however, and she doesn't mind when I have a soil baking party because it does give a nice earthy smell to the whole house. Ms. J said she fixed the oven when I was done by running some lemons through there. :rofl:

So to answer your question, @GeoFlora Nutrients has turned out to be the method I have been looking for. Simply apply it once every two weeks by throwing a half a cup of granules on the top of a 5 gallon container and the plants take over from there, making all the feeding decisions themselves. There is no guessing, no need to read the plants, and it is super easy to manage and apply. Their motto says it all, Organics Made Easy. I do wish they would find a cheaper way to ship stuff at Geo, but that so far is the only criticism I have of the company, and I have no complaints whatsoever about the product... indeed, I have nothing but praise to give it. And, in the end, my friend gave me a big smile and says he loves the product and his results so far. We devised a pvc tube applicator that he can use to get the granules onto his plants when needed, and with his watering wand he is all set and able to manage his own organic garden.

Would it be fair to say that the GeoFlora is better suited to larger container grows, greater than 5 gallons. As I understand it the container volume in a organic grow is like a battery, the bigger the container the longer the nutrients can be supplied to the plant. Organic nutrients generally take some time to breakdown in the soil?.

Would it be fair to say that the GeoFlora is better suited to larger container grows, greater than 5 gallons. As I understand it the container volume in a organic grow is like a battery, the bigger the container the longer the nutrients can be supplied to the plant. Organic nutrients generally take some time to breakdown in the soil?.
no, I don't think that these limitations exist for Geoflora. I have been successfully starting the organic feeding cycle as soon as my seedlings have established, and then kept up with the every 2 week applications from then on, based on container size.

You might be overthinking this a little bit, because you are equating regular organic living soil rules to a Geoflora grow. Yes, in regular organic grows it does take a while for the materials to break down, and the longer you can sustain this feeding cycle, the stronger the soil becomes. Geoflora could be used in a flat hardware store potting soil, because it brings everything the grow is going to need, for two week, with each application. It breaks down quickly, over that two weeks, and provides all the minerals that will be needed, along with a bunch of other good stuff, to feed not just the plants but also the heavy load of microbes that comes in with each application. This also allows a Geoflora grow to do its magic in any container size, from solo cup to the 100 gallon container size listed in the feeding chart.

Geoflora works just fine in practically any SOIL.... it will not work in coco or soilless mixes.

Actually, per GeoFlora:

Happy to clarify here Mr. Krip! You are spot on with your guess - Geoflora pairs well with soil and inert soil-less media like coco and peat, which actively benefit beneficial bacteria populations due to the high presence of lignins in these materials, which are readily degraded by aerobic bacteria and contribute to the humic content in the medium. These blends also provide good aeration (especially when combined with fabric pots), helping support aerobic bacteria populations. As you noted, we generally do not recommend utilizing Geoflora in a strictly reservoir based system - it is not fully water soluble, and this method does not allow enough time to fully breakdown those slower releasing nutrients.

The breakdown process is aided first by moisture, and second by the presence of bacteria in our blend which break down the nutrients into available forms. When using soilless blends with Geoflora, the best practice is to maintain a moist growing media to keep the bacteria happy and consistently breaking down that organic matter and solubilizing nutrients.

In practice, this really doesnt look much different from what you would do with any other soil-less or soil based grow system. So long as there is some moisture present, and a stable consistent source of organic material (like that provided by Geoflora) our bacteria are constantly working to break those nutrients down.

Hopefully this helps clarify some of the confusion!

What exactly would a "landrace" be? Is it a "pure" breed type plant with no crossing other plants together? Nice looking plants to, CK seems ok and nice to see another growing their beans.

What exactly would a "landrace" be? Is it a "pure" breed type plant with no crossing other plants together? Nice looking plants to, CK seems ok and nice to see another growing their beans.
A land race is a variety that has remained pure and uncontaminated by pollen from other regions. There are places where this happens because of prevailing wind currents and topographical anomalies, and certain valleys, islands and isolated regions have developed these remarkably pure strains. There are two valleys like this in Africa, and a couple of notable landraces come from there, Mozambique Poison and Durban Poison. They have been named poison because the high is so strong it is considered hallucinogenic, and people regularly make pilgrimages to these regions to smoke this pot and have a religious experience.

A land race is a variety that has remained pure and uncontaminated by pollen from other regions. There are places where this happens because of prevailing wind currents and topographical anomalies, and certain valleys, islands and isolated regions have developed these remarkably pure strains.
To expand a little on what Em said, which is 420% correct, because these strains are unique to a particular region, they've all pollinated with each other for generations so they share about the same genetics and, as a result, are highly stabilized strains which also makes them ideal for breeding. :Namaste:

Simply apply it once every two weeks by throwing a half a cup of granules on the top of a 5 gallon container and the plants take over from there, making all the feeding decisions themselves. There is no guessing, no need to read the plants, and it is super easy to manage and apply.

I've been doing hydro for several years and want to start an organic grow and the GeoFlora nutes sound like the way to go.
If using ro water would you still have the need to use calmag with GeoFlora?

I've been doing hydro for several years and want to start an organic grow and the GeoFlora nutes sound like the way to go.
If using ro water would you still have the need to use calmag with GeoFlora?
You shoulnd not need to add Cal-Mag as both formulas include both of those elements.

This is the Veg formula:
GUARANTEED ANALYSIS
Total Nitrogen (N)……………………………..……………5%
1% Water Soluble Nitrogen
4% Water Insoluble Nitrogen
Available Phosphate (P2O5)………………….……3%
Soluble Potash (K2O)……………………………………4%
Calcium (Ca)…………………………………...………………3%
Magnesium (Mg)……………………………………………0.5%
Sulfur (S)……………………………………………………………1%

This is Bloom formula:
GUARANTEED ANALYSIS
Total Nitrogen (N)…………………………………………3%
0.5% Water Soluble Nitrogen
2.5% Water Insoluble Nitrogen
Available Phosphate (P2O5)………………………5%
Soluble Potash (K2O)……………………………………5%
Calcium (Ca)……………………………………………………5%
Magnesium (Mg)…………………………………………0.75%
Sulfur (S)……………………………………………………………1%

Transition, Day 9

So far, they are not flowering. They are getting close... but no cigar. Seeing the strong sativa trait of taking its own sweet time, I expect flowering to begin around day 11. We shall see. For now, vegetative growth is still coming out of the tips.

DSCF8560.JPG
DSCF8559.JPG

Back
Top Bottom