Emmie's Organic 10 Week Durban Poison, 2020

I gotta take notes. I'm not great at up potting or nutes, well, much of anything lol. But, still happy with my ongoing harvest of Durban Poison that's given a net wet weight of 15.15 ounces of buds thus far with more to go. She'd be more if I used your methods. Awesome job!

I gotta take notes. I'm not great at up potting or nutes, well, much of anything lol. But, still happy with my ongoing harvest of Durban Poison that's given a net wet weight of 15.15 ounces of buds thus far with more to go. She'd be more if I used your methods. Awesome job!
With each grow harvested, you get a little bit better at your craft. It doesn't take long before net weight is no longer an issue.:goodluck:

Bloom, Day 38
Slowly but surely, these continue to progress. As usual, out of the 4, some are doing better than others...

DSCF8789.JPG
DSCF8788.JPG
DSCF8787.JPG

but one of these is not like the others. We have a phenotype showing up... the question is, which side of the family are we seeing? She seems to be finishing up before the others... so we will see.

DSCF8790.JPG

It is my belief after studying a lot of pictures and learning more about the evolution of the westernized version of this strain, that the odd one out is a direct descendent of the original sativa line. If so, instead of finishing out, she will go into a second phase of growth as the buds begin to chunk out and develop some very distinctive red and purple flowers and she will likely take up to 14 weeks to finish out.
I am going to take a couple more clones, just to make sure to preserve this phenotype in my garden. I will have to check, but I may already have some of her in the veg rooms... I just didn't keep track of which plant was which.
Here is a picture of the true Durban:
1605922926231.png

It is my belief after studying a lot of pictures and learning more about the evolution of the westernized version of this strain, that the odd one out is a direct descendent of the original sativa line. If so, instead of finishing out, she will go into a second phase of growth as the buds begin to chunk out and develop some very distinctive red and purple flowers and she will likely take up to 14 weeks to finish out.
I am going to take a couple more clones, just to make sure to preserve this phenotype in my garden. I will have to check, but I may already have some of her in the veg rooms... I just didn't keep track of which plant was which.
Here is a picture of the true Durban:
1605922926231.png
Sounds incredible. Love the work your doing.

Durban-Poison-Feminized-Marijuana-Strains.png
I have been waiting for a long time to grow this one out. I have been waiting for good enough lights to do it justice, and thanks to 420 Magazine, I have one very good bloom room light, and am hoping to be lucky enough to have more lights soon. I think my skills are finally up to this task, and most importantly, I now have the space to dedicate to this project.

Durban Poison is a landrace strain, and it should be worth any extra effort she may require. The seeds are feminized and I planted 4 of them with 2 of the early risers up so far. She will be grown organically using @GeoFlora Nutrients in a layered mix of supersoil, Fox Farm Ocean Forest and Fox Farm Happy Frog.

Being a sativa dominant, she is going to try to be tall, and stretch will without a doubt, be a pain. I plan on moving her right to bloom as soon as I can get some clones off of them, and then we will mass produce a run of them in the next Bloom room that have grown out a bit more... that should be exciting, and it may be the last time I try that in a 6'6" room.

Here are the stats:

1598215162933.png

The seeds are a westernized and feminized version of the original 14 week strain but its genetics are all Durban. I am drooling just thinking about smoking some of this in a few months.

More from CropKing:
More About Durban Poison Feminized
Descended from Original Durban, which is named after its origins in Durban, South Africa, Durban Poison comes with the same highly psychedelic effects that its parent is known for. That is not surprising at all, given the high THC content of this cannabis strain, which can go up to more than 20%.

It can be grown outdoors and indoors, and its buds are always fat and heavy and coated in thick layers of sparkling trichomes. You do not even have to smoke Durban Poison to get excited. The sight of its large glands generously overflowing with resin is enough to make you drool. If grown outdoors, Durban Poison can yield up to 350g. Indoors, that number shoots up to 550g.

Aside from psychedelic effects, a euphoric high can be expected as a result of smoking this strain. Your energy and creativity are given a boost. This is an ideal smoke for days when you have to be productive or need to think up concepts for important projects at work or at home. There is no burnout effect after.

Durban Poison is perfect if you are into the euphoric effects or feelings induced by strains that are dominantly sativa, as Durban Poison is 60% sativa. Nothing is better than sitting in the shade and feeling your mood slowly being lifted up by a Durban Poison joint.
Beautiful. I am growing some Durban Poison myself and though it is a Sativa dominant strain I am amazed and the thick leaves and huge colas. I am hoping I am just a week or two away from harvest - here's some natural light photos I took today of my test cola.

BTW, great journal, sets a new standard to the disorganized mess I call my journal. Ah well, we're all here to learn!

IMG_2625.JPG
IMG_2624.JPG

Veg, Day 19

The Poison family seems to be thriving in their new fancy velcro containers. It is very easy to see the growth that the 4 days since transplanting has given us.

I have lowered the lights a bit to strengthen the pattern and turned up the power to 125w per side, and we now have around 15k Lux hitting the plants. I want to steadily increase that as much as they will tolerate, so as to help restrict vertical growth. Sativas already tend to be lanky and I want to discourage that tendency as much as possible.

DSCF8452.JPG
DSCF8451.JPG
DSCF8450.JPG
DSCF8449.JPG
I bet they take off like a rocket, beautiful root development and a perfect time to repot!

What are your cool time temps running?
before I realized how bad the problem was and how incapable my little space heater was in keeping up with it, it got into the mid 40's in there for a few nights. Last night it got down into the 20's outside, and in the room it got down to 67. I still have some adjustment to do, and the extra current for the space heaters is too much for the wiring circuit up there so until I can get a new 220 line run up there, we have stolen some current from another circuit in the house to power the space heater. All this has been kept behind the scenes for the last month or so, and we are still working hard to make all the necessary adjustments to accommodate the attic grow rooms, with the electric and water supply being the main concerns. Seeing how close to the edge of the 10a breaker we are right now with just the lights, without additional electric work, running an air conditioner up there in the summertime isn't going to be feasible either.

before I realized how bad the problem was and how incapable my little space heater was in keeping up with it, it got into the mid 40's in there for a few nights. Last night it got down into the 20's outside, and in the room it got down to 67. I still have some adjustment to do, and the extra current for the space heaters is too much for the wiring circuit up there so until I can get a new 220 line run up there, we have stolen some current from another circuit in the house to power the space heater. All this has been kept behind the scenes for the last month or so, and we are still working hard to make all the necessary adjustments to accommodate the attic grow rooms, with the electric and water supply being the main concerns. Seeing how close to the edge of the 10a breaker we are right now with just the lights, without additional electric work, running an air conditioner up there in the summertime isn't going to be feasible either.
There's plenty of skirmishes on the path to grow nirvana in your extended grow. I didn't think you'd hit every one though. You're still making it look easy.

Tonight we go back to the veg room to look at our 4 Durban clones that got the vertical spikes of @DYNOMYCO drilled down into the cups. They are of course now thriving, and two of them reached the milestone needed in order to be uppotted, being able to drain the cup in 36 hours. The third one is still working on it and I give the little one a couple more water cycles, but I might uppot that one early just to catch them all up.

Note in this picture how I am offsetting the planting of these clones, not placing them in the center of the pot so that they can be more easily bent over and LST'd.
DSCF8848.JPG

The original plan was to take the one that got the Uncle Ben topping and make it our mother, blooming out the other three. Having realized that we have 2 hybrids and maybe one original line pheno in our bloom room, and that we had no idea which clones belonged to which of the 4 Durbans in bloom, we were left in a sort of a pickle. If I was going to keep a mother and bloom out more of this one, I would of course choose the original landrace pheno, but having no idea which is which, we now move to plan B.

Plan B is to bloom out all 4 of these, while taking clones of each one and carefully recording which belongs to which. Around week 5 of bloom, we should know, and then I will keep those clones for another round and for the mother plant. That will be a side project we are working on as we start working on the do-si-do and wedding cake run coming up next.

Comparing the leaves of these clones, there are two with narrower sativa like leaves and two with wider leaves. These are probably our two phenotypes, but only time will tell.

DSCF8852.JPG

DSCF8851.JPG

DSCF8850.JPG

DSCF8849.JPG

Today we are at day 54 and our odd Durban has finished up.

DSCF8855.JPG

There are amber trichomes at the top, the buds are all hard and chunky and she is starting to foxtail and show signs of going into overgrowth. I am now much less sure that we are looking at the original landrace pheno and that this chunky thing is something else in the lineage. I can't wait to get her cured out to see what she tastes like.

DSCF8858.JPG
DSCF8857.JPG
DSCF8856.JPG

54 days? I am jealous; what an awesome surprise. My Poisons are still weeks away - now at day 49 or so but the still looks a month away!

It is just one out of 4, a very odd and very heavily coated with trichomes phenotype that popped out... the other three look like they still have several weeks to go

We will see what these 4 clones turn out to be, and take clones of them while we are waiting... and hopefully I will find this one again. I also have more of the seeds that I used to grow these 4, so there is another chance of finding it again in there.

By the way, this wasn't a huge producer... Harvest was 333.3 grams... around 2.5 oz dry from a 5 gallon container. We can certainly do better with a little more care and some training... not to mention keeping the bloom room above 70 degrees.

We will see what these 4 clones turn out to be, and take clones of them while we are waiting... and hopefully I will find this one again. I also have more of the seeds that I used to grow these 4, so there is another chance of finding it again in there.

By the way, this wasn't a huge producer... Harvest was 333.3 grams... around 2.5 oz dry from a 5 gallon container. We can certainly do better with a little more care and some training... not to mention keeping the bloom room above 70 degrees.
Of course you have the clones to search through, but I wonder if perhaps there is some vegetation left on the odd chopped gal from which you could reveg her just to be safe. Sounds like a one-off worth keeping around.

Back
Top Bottom