Emmie's Organic 10 Week Durban Poison, 2020

Bloom, Day 1
13 days into the transition, I will give it to her today. By tomorrow, there will be pistils everywhere. As you said @SoGnotSOG321 it can pop so quickly!

Now, I can accurately predict my harvest window... right around 84 days from today, January 5, 2021. :nerd-with-glasses:

DSCF8588.JPG
DSCF8587.JPG
Looks like a lot of trimming!

How long have you had these beauties in flower? Amazing swell on these buds especially for a Durban Poison! Love the colors too.
My 4 Durbans had 3 different finishing times. One was an early short Indica phenotype that finished in an amazingly fast 54 days, and turned out to be some very good smoke. One was a bit of a runt and was pollinated on one branch, and this poor abused plant went to 67 days and then she quit... dead, not taking any more water... she was done. The other two more closely followed the breeder notes and they both finished in 73 days, right in the 10 week window they were predicted to finish in.

As far as the swell goes, I credit the @NextLight Mega, the @Mars Hydro SP-3000 and our @GeoFlora Nutrients

Our next Durban has finished out at day 67, and she is beautiful. This is going to be good smoke. This right here is our seeded branch and you are looking at a few buds full of Poison Daddy seeds!

20201219_110329.jpg
So the "seeded branch" doesn't spread to others branches? Do you get both seeds and fem buds on the same plant? Man I'd LOVE to hear about this process in detail! I have about 40 Durban Poison clones in my clone, veg and flower tents and I'd truly LOVE to make some seeds. I've been reading about STS (Silver Thiophosphate) and it seems pretty straightforward but I have all the stupid questions like - do you get both seeds and fem branches?

If you'll share details I'll send you some of my Landrace (Durban Poison) seeds when they come!

My 4 Durbans had 3 different finishing times. One was an early short Indica phenotype that finished in an amazingly fast 54 days, and turned out to be some very good smoke. One was a bit of a runt and was pollinated on one branch, and this poor abused plant went to 67 days and then she quit... dead, not taking any more water... she was done. The other two more closely followed the breeder notes and they both finished in 73 days, right in the 10 week window they were predicted to finish in.

As far as the swell goes, I credit the @NextLight Mega, the @Mars Hydro SP-3000 and our @GeoFlora Nutrients
I had a similar experience with DP's. My first crop I took one plant at 10 weeks and two others a few weeks later, same room, same light but vastly different growing experience. Your bud swell sure looks like they're ready - I bet the smell after cure is amazing - mine was/is!

So the "seeded branch" doesn't spread to others branches? Do you get both seeds and fem buds on the same plant? Man I'd LOVE to hear about this process in detail! I have about 40 Durban Poison clones in my clone, veg and flower tents and I'd truly LOVE to make some seeds. I've been reading about STS (Silver Thiophosphate) and it seems pretty straightforward but I have all the stupid questions like - do you get both seeds and fem branches?

If you'll share details I'll send you some of my Landrace (Durban Poison) seeds when they come!
I had a similar experience with DP's. My first crop I took one plant at 10 weeks and two others a few weeks later, same room, same light but vastly different growing experience. Your bud swell sure looks like they're ready - I bet the smell after cure is amazing - mine was/is!
I detailed the process of pollinating one branch earlier in this thread and in my Kosher Daddy thread, complete with pictures and descriptions of the selective pollinating process using a baggie to isolate the pollen to only the one branch. This resulted in only one branch being pollinated, with the rest of the plant producing sensimillia buds.

You can also get seeds by overgrowing a plant. Keep a plant healthy right up to the end and then grow out several buds several weeks past the harvest date. The plant will typically hermi and produce female seeds for you. By using pollen from a male plant, the seeds that I have produced here should be 50% male and 50% female.

Yes, the buds smell amazing. Growing these 4 plants out were an exercise in recognizing when the plant was actually ready based in the trichomes and the presentation of the buds.

I am about to do some updates on the veg room. I had a gnat problem that came in with the FF soils and was allowed to thrive, and as a result I have lost some plants. Out of the bunch of new seedlings, the PD's have done better than any of the others... no clue why, but it is what it is. After hitting the gnats with everything known to fight them, I have finally broken the life cycle and they are going away, but not without damage and a lot of lost time. Never again will I ignore the little pests, thinking they are no big deal. Apparently in the numbers I was breeding them, they are.

I am about to do some updates on the veg room. I had a gnat problem that came in with the FF soils and was allowed to thrive, and as a result I have lost some plants. Out of the bunch of new seedlings, the PD's have done better than any of the others... no clue why, but it is what it is. After hitting the gnats with everything known to fight them, I have finally broken the life cycle and they are going away, but not without damage and a lot of lost time. Never again will I ignore the little pests, thinking they are no big deal. Apparently in the numbers I was breeding them, they are.
I've heard that a lot about FF. I assume Mosquito Bits/Dunks did the trick?

I've heard that a lot about FF. I assume Mosquito Bits/Dunks did the trick?
Pine Bark mulch at first, then SNS 203 and I was still not getting ahead of them. Next I pulled out all the stops and put a hot shot in there... but that still didn't stop it. Next, I brought in the big guns and hit them with yellow sticky cards, Mosquito bits and nematodes. I do my second application of nematodes tonight, and I think this will wipe out the gnat larvae and stop the infestation for good.

Yea, Mosquito Bits are friends.

About a year ago I very foolishly brought an outside plant indoors (just a pepper plant, actually), and within a month I was dealing with swarms - yellow sticky pads would get literally fuzzy with them. MBs handled the situation so well they now get sprinkled on top of every pot as a matter of course. There's a few gnats floating around now and then, but the population has been well at bay.

Pine Bark mulch at first, then SNS 203 and I was still not getting ahead of them. Next I pulled out all the stops and put a hot shot in there... but that still didn't stop it. Next, I brought in the big guns and hit them with yellow sticky cards, Mosquito bits and nematodes. I do my second application of nematodes tonight, and I think this will wipe out the gnat larvae and stop the infestation for good.
What do you think about having bug eating plants like Venus flytraps? I bought some today...

Bloom, Day 1
13 days into the transition, I will give it to her today. By tomorrow, there will be pistils everywhere. As you said @SoGnotSOG321 it can pop so quickly!

Now, I can accurately predict my harvest window... right around 84 days from today, January 5, 2021. :nerd-with-glasses:

DSCF8588.JPG
DSCF8587.JPG
Do you think this one is “there? They’re Durban Poison & they’ve been under 12/12 for 10 days...

Do you think this one is “there? They’re Durban Poison & they’ve been under 12/12 for 10 days...
If you are referring to the plant in the bottom right of this picture https://www.420magazine.com/community/attachments/556877c7-d82e-405a-9d7b-255f442d8f09-jpeg.2304128/

Then yes, I think transition is finally over and you are now officially in bloom. 10 or 11 days to transition from veg to bloom seems about right for these long runners, who just the opposite of autos, tend to do everything a little slower than most.

The big Durban clones are getting ready to head over to the bloom room in the next 2-3 weeks, so they got cut out of their 3 gallon binders and placed into the vast expanse of 10 gallon pots. We will be actively watering from the edges, getting the root system to expand as rapidly as possible. These containers should get us the yield we are now needing... the 3 gallon containers did not.

DSCF9038.JPG
DSCF9037.JPG

DSCF9065.JPG

The 4 big Durban Poison clones are now in the bloom room under the NextLight Mega, but we are going to keep them in a VEG schedule for at least another week until I can determine what the wet/dry cycle looks like in these new bags. I do not believe that they have yet had ample time to grow into these bags. When the wet/dry cycle is at a reasonable number and I know that we have roots expanding out into the larger bag, then I will consider going to bloom... for now we let the plants continue to expand as this will be the last Durban run for a while unless we get lucky and find our indica dominant phenotype again in this group.

Today I trimmed them up, clearing out the bottom third of the plant of anything that I didn't expect to make it to canopy height. All the training hoops were removed so the plant can assume its natural weight bearing shape post training, and they were given their next round of @GeoFlora Nutrients VEG and watered properly to runoff in their new 28" drip trays. Then, an hour later they were watered again, insuring soil saturation, ending with 1/4 gallon of water that had mosquito bits soaking in it, just to keep on top of the gnats.

DSCF9064.JPG
DSCF9063.JPG
DSCF9062.JPG

They say that each week at this late point in veg doubles the eventual yield. When the wet/dry cycle hits 3 days or so, we flip to bloom. Let's just say that this run should keep us in Durban Poison product for a while. My patents however are demanding some Indica now... I have burned them out on Sativa dominants.

Back
Top Bottom