Emmie's Organic Deep Cheese, August 2020

0003013-deep-cheese.jpg

Picture supplied by Dinafem

Dinafem Deep Cheese is one of those strains that should be on your must try list. Cheese never lasts very long at my house, so we are planning to grow a lot of this fast growing and very stinky strain.

Some background on this 60 day wonder from Dinafem:

Deep Cheese is, in short, the most powerful version of our Cheese. At Dinafem Seeds, we knew that the legion of followers of this legendary strain deserved an extreme version in which her incredible traits were stretched to the limit. That's when we jumped into action and started backcrossing our Cheese, until an amazing result was obtained: a feminised cannabis seed, with very stable genetics and unbeatable traits, capable of delivering very special and intense sensations.​
This top-notch cannabis classic, which is already part of the history, has never stopped achieving success, always being a guarantee of quality and excellence. Therefore, with all her features pushed over the edge, there'll be nobody who can really remain indifferent in front of such a potent hybrid. Her excellent overall qualities make her a real cannabis delight for experts and rookies alike.​
Deep Cheese turns into Christmas-tree-shaped marijuana plants with a moderate height, sometimes becoming 2-m high outdoors if the growing conditions are adequate. Her rather Sativa-like structure is built around a huge main cola surrounded by numerous branches that end up completely covered in dense, resin-packed buds. Deep Cheese produces super-bountiful crops. In fact, this heavy-producer can provide up to 525 g/m2 indoors and some 600-800 g/plant outdoors​
----------------------------------------------​
Veg, Day 14
We will of course be cloning this girl to produce much more of this high quality smoke over the winter. She is presently 14 days old and due for her second feeding of @GeoFlora Nutrients. She was just moved to a 1 gallon cloth container and in a couple of weeks will be transplanted into her final 5 gallon container. She will be grown organically using the Geoflora system with no additional supplements being planned for this round.​
DSCF8302.JPG

Veg, Day 18

Ms. Deep seems to have found her footing now, so her support has been moved away so as not to cause any wind damage. She also has responded very well to the application of nutrients and appears to be growing very rapidly. She will most likely need watering tomorrow... she is really sucking up the water right after the transplant.

DSCF8329.JPG
DSCF8328.JPG

Veg, Day 26

Today Ms. Cheese got a container-ectomy. It was time... she was sucking down water as fast as I was putting it into her, the cheesy little flirt that she is.

I sliced the .89c 1 gallon cloth grow bag down two opposite sides and moonwalked her right out of the old bag and into her new 5 gallon final container. The 5 gallon bag was filled with 1 gallon of supersoil in the bottom, 1 gallon of Fox Farm Ocean Forest and then the rootball was set in with 2 more gallons of Fox Farm Happy Frog packed in around it to fill out the container. She was then fed with 1/2 cup / 8 tablespoons of @GeoFlora Nutrients VEG. This should be appropriate since the plan is to veg her for one more week, and then send her to the new bloom room under the NextLight MEGA. There she should start her first week of stretch before it will be time to fertilize again, at which point we will change to the Bloom formula.
DSCF8396.JPG

Veg, Day 29

DC is really liking the new 5 gallon container. Tonight she just got her first proper watering after the transplant, a complete soaking along with making sure the outer rim is the wettest place in the container. Out of concern for her and for the shorter ones in the veg area too, I had to make an adjustment to the COB lights. I took off the Angelina reflectors so that the light diffuses better across the grow area and even at a higher wattage, doesn't beam a direct ray of lethal light down on the top of the tall ones.

So far we are on schedule, and the plan is to move her into the new bloom room under the NextLight MEGA, on Saturday.

DSCF8402.JPG
DSCF8401.JPG

Transition, Day 1

Deep Cheese moved to the new bloom room today, ready to go. She is experiencing 26k LUX at her height under the MEGA, which is significantly more than she was getting in the other room. Whether this helps or hinders the stretch coming up, inquiring minds want to know.

No separate pictures today... Here she is in the foreground in a very bright bloom room.

DSCF8420.JPG

Transition, Day 1

Deep Cheese moved to the new bloom room today, ready to go. She is experiencing 26k LUX at her height under the MEGA, which is significantly more than she was getting in the other room. Whether this helps or hinders the stretch coming up, inquiring minds want to know.

No separate pictures today... Here she is in the foreground in a very bright bloom room.

DSCF8420.JPG
Looks awesome. No wasted light in there.

Bloom, Day 1

Seven days of transition and she has starting throwing out pistils everywhere. No new green growth appears to be coming out of the top... I say bloom has just started.

She is looking strong and has built up a massive trunk and gained some vertical size too. She doesn't look like she is going to stretch significantly, but I put her in a tomato cage anyway, just to help hold the future weight.

DSCF8448.JPG
DSCF8447.JPG

Cheese strains are so freaking good. Does the tomatoes cages work well for you to keep everything in place and maybe even give stability while buds develop? I've never used the cage but it has crossed my mind before.

Back
Top Bottom