Emmie's Organic Gummy Bears In GeoFlora Nutrients: Aug 2020

The application of the triple phosphate has not solved the problem. It has slowed it, but we are still fading here toward the end. It doesn't seem to be a crisis, and the Geoflora Nutrients seem to be keeping up with it as best they can... I am starting to suspect that the whole problem is fungi eating buglets in the soil. More care will be taken from now on to not have this problem.
DSCF8686.JPG
DSCF8683.JPG
DSCF8682.JPG

Not sure what's going on with your gummies Em, but it looks like you will make it to harvest before it's a serious problem...

The buds are looking nice and heavy...

Is it possible? That this particular strain could genetically just consume food quicker then the microbes can produce? Kinda of the plant verson of gluttony? (Just thinkin outloud)

Could you imagine KD x DP x GB = Daddy's Poisoned Gummy Bears hahaha

Not sure what's going on with your gummies Em, but it looks like you will make it to harvest before it's a serious problem...

The buds are looking nice and heavy...

Is it possible? That this particular strain could genetically just consume food quicker then the microbes can produce? Kinda of the plant verson of gluttony? (Just thinkin outloud)

Could you imagine KD x DP x GB = Daddy's Poisoned Gummy Bears hahaha
I think it could just be that I have a 7 gallon plant in a 5 gallon container. :)

Hi @Emilya I see you were having some issues with Phosphorus? Have you tried mycorrhizal inoculants? If so have you given DYNOMYCO a go?

The hyphal network which is created by the mycorrhiza fungi effectively increase the size of the roots by 10-100X!
Mycorrhiza fungi helps the plant absorb phosphorus, nitrogen, iron, zinc, copper and other micro elements and help transport these micro elements to the plant.

One of most important benefits of using DYNOMYCO is the significant increase in terms of phosphorus uptake. Approximately 85% of phosphorus fertilisers applied to the plant doesn’t get absorbed because it is chemically or physically unavailable. With inoculated plants, fungi break down the unavailable phosphorus and make it available to the plants root system.

Today we have a situation where a description of what I see going on is actually going to tell you more than a picture of the plant is going to do. After a couple of waterings with the triple phosphate sitting on the top of the soil along with the recent feeding of @GeoFlora Nutrients, we see that the yellowing has really slowed down, if not completely stopped by now. The leaves that we have already seen go yellow have completed that process and now are looking about as dead as that first dead leaf, but new leaves up and down the plant are not yellowing as fast, and you really have to look to see which ones are being affected. I believe that despite the root problems on these early plants that have allowed this inability to pick up as much phosphorus as needed, has now been offset by the use of the supplement, and of course the regular feeding via the Geoflora.
Bottom line, all appears to be fine and we seem to be a week to 10 days away from completion.

Hi @Emilya I see you were having some issues with Phosphorus? Have you tried mycorrhizal inoculants? If so have you given DYNOMYCO a go?

The hyphal network which is created by the mycorrhiza fungi helps the cannabis plant reach nutrients and minerals which are both physically and chemically out of "reach" of the cannabis plant's root system. One of most important benefits of using DYNOMYCO is the significant increase of phosphorus uptake it allows for.
Hi @DYNOMYCO and welcome to the forum as a new sponsor! You have actually been on my radar screen during the last week or so, and I am definitely intending to make a purchase from you in the very near future. You have no doubt seen that I listed as one of the possible causes of my present difficulties, that I for the first time in a very long time, failed to use a MYCO product at each step as I was building my containers to uppot, and that I intended to fix that oversight in the future.

I used to swear by Great White and always had some on hand when I was uppotting... and now I will move to your product as a thank you for sponsoring this great forum. I will also have a great side by side comparison in front of me, as I plan on using your product immediately, as I start uppotting my new Durban Poison clones from solo cup onward, and we should be able to see a difference in how they grow compared to the previous plants who did not get this advantage.

Thank you for reaching out with your great advice... you have gained a sale and hopefully many many more, as people see that I am using and promoting your product.
Much respect,
Emmie

Day 54, text only.
Today I let the container go pretty darn dry. The plant was wilting clear up to 2/3 of the way to the top. I know that all of the roots just got "flushed" with a big load of oxygen. This was also been a drought stressor, so as to let her get the message that the end is near. We shall see. Forever wet in bloom is not working for me right now... not usually this dry, but more of a wet/dry cycle than I have been doing seems to work well.

Other than reacting to the drought, the P yellowing does seem to have halted. We have found the cause... and now we know that @DYNOMYCO is going to be the key to not getting here again.

Pictures tomorrow... I get the day off from work!

Bloom, Day 55

Today I gave her some calmag, still trying to figure out the yellowing thing. Other plants in the room also got some calmag, just in case I am misreading this thing. According to the calendar, she only has a week to go, but according to the buds, I am thinking at least 2 weeks before she finishes up. I had not planned to give a feeding this late, but her next scheduled feeding would have been Sunday and I am tempted to give it to her.

Here are some bud shots, some taken just so I can zoom in and look around a bit.

DSCF8721.JPG
DSCF8720.JPG
DSCF8719.JPG
DSCF8718.JPG
DSCF8717.JPG
DSCF8716.JPG
DSCF8715.JPG

I have solved the mystery being presented here. Looking at these pictures, these buds have just now met my normal benchmark indicating that we are in the last two weeks, and that is what she looks like.. still at least 2 weeks away from the finish. The top pistils, instead of some of them sticking straight out as if they were electrified, have all now bent in some way, crinkled and bent over at the top... none of them are sticking straight out anymore. This usually happens as you enter the final bud swell, and this really confused me, since I have been expecting her to be a 60 day plant and finish along with my Deep Cheese.

I went looking and found her original specs out at Elemental Seeds. She must have several phenotypes that can pop out with such a wide possible harvest window, because they list flowering time as anywhere from 56-94 days! Egads... she could run easily another two weeks, or longer. That decides it... she is definitely getting fed again on Sunday.

The addition of calmag seems to have had a dramatic effect on the yellowing and I now suspect that there may actually be an imbalance of some kind in my well water, causing some of these difficulties we are seeing. It is now clear that the problem is all over the room and has nothing to do with possible bugs in the old soil, the soil itself or many other things we have been considering. It could however be the common under LED lighting, magnesium deficiency and maybe something else that is blocking out the phosphorus. We will be switching over to plain old tap water when we fill the 55 gallon barrel in the grow rooms the next time and we will see if this has any effect. I totally love it that using @GeoFlora Nutrients we actually have that as an option. I will try to minimize the chlorine by throwing a vitamin c tab in the barrel once I fill it, but other than that, I am not going to worry about it.

Today has confirmed it... magnesium deficiency was the culprit. There may be some phosphorus pickup problems too, but that is minor compared to the dramatic yellowing from the bottom up that I couldn't explain. With the addition of the calmag on the last watering, the yellowing has stopped progressing. Leaves already affected are either being cast off, or they are actually getting their green back. I had never seen magnesium present in such a dramatic fashion and I am convinced it has something to do with my well water, as well as the strong LED lights.

Tonight is watering day in the bloom room and tonight I have gone back old school, mixing the calmag with the water in a 5 gallon bucket and then using my hand watering pitcher to complete the task. Somehow in the back of my mind, I knew that this pumping water straight out of the well and onto the plants was too easy.

Gummy is looking a lot more healthy this evening and is still working hard to finish up. There will be more pictures of this beauty on another day.

Bloom, Day 61

Gummy is still trying to finish up, but not quite there yet. She is really piling on the trichomes now... this is going to be very good smoke and very heavy buds.

DSCF8764.JPG
DSCF8763.JPG
DSCF8762.JPG
Emmie, i am willing to sacrifice myself to test this for your majesty :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

sexy pic Emmie!! Love me some trichomes
2020-11-12 06.35.29.jpg

Back
Top Bottom