Emmie's Organic Gummy Bears In GeoFlora Nutrients: Aug 2020

Bloom, Day 64
Gummy is working very hard on finishing up and seems to be less than a week away at this point. Test buds indicate that this one is going to hit like a brick wall when she is cured.

DSCF8782.JPG
DSCF8781.JPG
DSCF8780.JPG

Bloom, Day 65
Even at the microscopic level, harvest can still not be justified. We are close... but not quite done. In all of these trichomes, there are maybe 1 or 2 that are starting to go amber and far too many are still clear. All of these shots were at the tip top of a bud second from the top.

2020-11-16-163353.jpg
2020-11-16-163027.jpg
2020-11-16-162853.jpg
2020-11-16-162941.jpg

With the naked eye, just looking at how the bud is chunking up and comparing it to the bud shot on the first post of this thread, we can guess that we are just days away... there are still a few white pistils that need to go away.

I am sure now that the cooler nights is what has slowed things down in here, and caused several of my plants to take on fall colors. I have drastically modified how often the intake fan comes on and turned up the thermostat on the local space heater. I am still learning how to manage the environment up here in the poorly insulated attic.

3 more Gummy Bears have been added to the room as the 60 day old clones have been moved from the Mother Room to now reside under the MarsHydro SP-3000 in the Bloom Room. These plants have been severely trained and should not be able to get as tall as this last one did. Pictures coming soon.

Transition, Day 1
Bloom, Day 72

After a night of 79 degrees and no blasts of frigid outside air, all the plants in the room look a lot happier. This could have been the cause of all the yellowing too and I may need to apologize to my bag of @GeoFlora Nutrients Bloom mixture, thinking that I was needing magnesium. Seeing one, the slowdown I am seeing in the room, and two, realizing that the most dramatic yellowing was happening in the corner of the room where the intake fan was dumping this winter temp air, this very well could have been the entire problem all along. Come to think of it, I didn't have the problems until the cold weather started setting in around here.

So, seeing further improvement in the ripening of our big girl overnight, I want to see what she looks like tomorrow. All the plants have been affected by the cold and have slowed down, so all estimates as to harvest times are now likely 2 weeks off or more. I expect to be able to harvest Gummy sometime this week now that we are dialing this in.

The new girls just got moved over from the Mother Room. There are 3 more Bears in this jungle... and hopefully they won't get nearly as tall as this last one.

DSCF8797.JPG

Harvest, Day 74 of Bloom
Today we decided that while she might be able to go a couple more days, at this late stage we were also beginning to see some trichomes go beyond amber and it was silly to think that we might want to wait till after Thanksgiving to do this... so we harvested her tonight.

The buds were all close trimmed for a showroom look and we ended up with about 1/2 oz of trim and what should end up being about 4.5 oz of dry weed. She was trimmed and washed and now is hanging on a clothes rack in our master bathroom with a fan on her for the night, and then she will be moved to the drying tent for a slow dry for a few days.

DSCF8816.JPG
DSCF8815.JPG
DSCF8813.JPG
DSCF8812.JPG
DSCF8811.JPG

Harvest, Day 74 of Bloom
Today we decided that while she might be able to go a couple more days, at this late stage we were also beginning to see some trichomes go beyond amber and it was silly to think that we might want to wait till after Thanksgiving to do this... so we harvested her tonight.

The buds were all close trimmed for a showroom look and we ended up with about 1/2 oz of trim and what should end up being about 4.5 oz of dry weed. She was trimmed and washed and now is hanging on a clothes rack in our master bathroom with a fan on her for the night, and then she will be moved to the drying tent for a slow dry for a few days.

DSCF8816.JPG
DSCF8815.JPG
DSCF8813.JPG
DSCF8812.JPG
DSCF8811.JPG
Excellent job Em. I bet this will turn out amazing once cured ;) Happy Thanksgiving.

Excellent job Em. I bet this will turn out amazing once cured ;) Happy Thanksgiving.
I hope so. Lessons definitely learned on this first grow in the attic rooms and I hate pulling when there are still white pistils here and there... but I think that even with the slow down in growth because of the cold, we have finally gotten to a good finish. The buds are all very tight and extremely sticky and I am confident with all the trichomes that this will at least be good quality pot. Our goal is to get the next batch, the clones, to actually finish up in 60 days this next time.

Bloom, Day 26

The new gummy bears are now well into bloom and we are not seeing an excessive amount of stretch like we did the last time. They started out under the Mars SP-3000 and now are very close to the Nextlight MEGA, so I think we have the stretch well managed this time. We will see what happens as we move deeper into bloom.

The gummies are the two plants in the back row on the right.

20201217_074309.jpg

Bloom, Day 30

Today was watering and feeding day... and I ran out of Bloom until it arrived today, so I was a few days late on this one. It doesn't show on the bears as much as on the deep cheese who also were forced to wait. All is good now and they are growing rapidly and already showing a good amount of frost, sitting this close under the big light.

DSCF8899.JPG

Bloom, Day 43
Gummy is doing well. This time she is not vertically out of control and we are getting much better lights on the buds than we did with that tall monstrosity we grew last time. This is going to be epic. The slight K deficiency has a known cause... it is me, not giving Geoflora at the two week point like I knew I should have. My use of tap water starts shutting down the feeding cycle if I don't keep those microbes coming in like clockwork.

Now that I realized that, things are looking much better and comparisons of yellowing two weeks ago look much worse than what we are seeing today. I think we have finally figured this stuff out and solved the cold issues in my bloom room.

DSCF8959.JPG
DSCF8958.JPG
DSCF8957.JPG
DSCF8956.JPG
DSCF8955.JPG
DSCF8954.JPG

Great thread love the green of your plants :)

lots of work to post as you do Thank you for that as it is how we all learn to be better growers

all the best and enjoy the day

Dequilo

Bloom, Day 55
Gummy is doing what gummy does and producing a LOT of trichomes. The two plants we have in the room have stayed short and have gotten much more even light than the first round did. There are no massive buds like we had on the main kola of the first one that we raised from seed, but these clones look like they are going to produce at least as much as the first one did, even though she was in a 5g container and these are in 3g.

We will know soon how much yield we are going to get, as these should be finishing out in the next week or so. The original ran long, and it looks like these are too, and I don't think that 60 days is going to do it. Looking at the trichomes, I am still seeing some clear and no amber where it counts. There are a bunch of them though, and that counts too!

DSCF8991.JPG
DSCF8990.JPG
DSCF8989.JPG
DSCF8988.JPG
DSCF8987.JPG
DSCF8986.JPG
DSCF8985.JPG

DSCF8984.JPG

Hello @Emilya,

Can you tell me, did you use the Geoflora before you transplanted, or did you go with just water through Day 11?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom