Emmie's Organic NYC Diesel, August 2020

nycd.jpg

Picture from seedfinder

Genetik: Mexican Sativa x Afghani
Indica: 40% / Sativa: 60%
Flowering: 10 - 12 weeks
Minimum yield: 25 grams

The N.Y.C Diesel has its roots in the Big Apple, a friend brought the seeds and said that it was the best pot he ever smoked, he had dreads down to the ground so I believed him. This Cannabis tastes and smells like Ripe Red Grapefruits, once you touch the fresh buds you can not smell the other strains in your room or garden. New York City Diesel will leave you an Exotic Taste, an Exotic Smell and an Exotic High.

soma got his diesel from a bagseed from a buddy from NYC or at least thats how soma described it. his diesel could be an s1 of original diesel, underdawg, sour d, or any other b/c it sounds like all of them in nyc gets mixed up pretty easily (due to similar heritage) unless you're really in the loop and have access to all of them and know heritage. that leaves a range of options for soma's expression of his bagseed diesel momma. and yes, his nyc diesel is not pure diesel, his first hybrid that won the awards was that diesel bag momma cross shanti's afghani/hawaiian male. i believe the current seeds sold by soma are a first backcross to his diesel mom.

Here is our version, logging in at 14 days old and ready to shine. She is being fed @GeoFlora Nutrients and I plan on giving no additional supplements during this grow. We will clone this girl when we have a chance and will be seeing a lot more of this variety over the winter.

DSCF8303.JPG

Veg, Day 18

She is definitely growing fast now, and with these big wide leaves you would never guess she is a 60% sativa, but here she is, showing her royalty of presenting herself however she wants to, being the daughter of two landrace strains and all. She may be the shortest one in the bunch, but I believe she is the one with the most potential to be able to satisfy the crowd around here.

She may so far be the shortest of the group, but she is sucking up water like the rest of them. There is nothing stunted about this plant.

DSCF8331.JPG
DSCF8330.JPG

NYD is some awesome stuff! This strain was one of the first seeds I was given to start OMG it's really fun. Really big buds, really strong fruity smell, good peppy buzz. Clone great, can make monsters out of them. I remember them taking their sweet time getting fully baked...more like 13-14 weeks though plus I've found out I'm not as much of a sativa person as I thought. I'm not growing any now but I do have some seeds and I have some home-bred NYD mixes going! CHeers Emilya happy growing! :yahoo:

Veg, Day 23

Our little NYCD is coming along nicely, growing strongly in the new container. She is going to be naturally short, at least until stretch. I am definitely considering just sending her to bloom without any topping, and then relying on her clones to fill in the difference in production later on. Right now I just want to get things moving into bloom as rapidly as possible, and get strong activity in all three (4 counting the alcove) grow rooms that will support future production.

DSCF8360.JPG

Veg, Day 26

We have seen a lot of growth in the last 2 days with Ms. NYC, but she, like every other NYCD I have seen, is determined to stay short. She does appear to be trying to catch up with the others and she is developing a dense middle growth that will need to be reckoned with someday. She is a sativa at heart and I am confident that she will stretch out quite a bit during the stretch, for now we are just letting her do her thing, slowly as she likes. She got watered and fed her next dose of @GeoFlora Nutrients today, and I am betting she is around a week or week and a half till time to uppot.

DSCF8395.JPG

Veg, Day 37

Diesel is giving me some complaints today, I think in regards to the light. She is the only one that doesn't seem to like the amount of light she is getting, and I am getting some leaf curling in response to it. I don't think it is a heat response since it is 74 degrees in there today under the lights, but it could be that it got too hot the last few days and then too cold overnight. The weather here has been very strange and the opposite of what is happening in California with the heat out there. I turned down the lights a bit just in case that was her problem, and we are going to try to manage the temperature a bit better. Today she got another feeding of GeoFlora Veg as she did look to be a little hungry too. This one is a bit finicky, but she has been every time I have grown her... this is not an easy plant to keep happy. We will see what this feeding and a few more days will do for her.

DSCF8434.JPG

Back
Top Bottom