Emmie's Perpetual Vegetative Grow Rooms - 2020-2021

The bare room:
DSCF8176.JPG

Today, the new veg room started operations! I plan on keeping a perpetual journal going that will just concentrate on operations in this room, including germination, cloning and early veg. For bigger plants in late veg, the other alcove will also be employed to handle the overflow. At the moment we have 15 plants (legal limit is 18) and the room is in its first design. It can already be seen that this veg room normally would not be able to handle this many plants, but that we will be able to get away with it this time because we have an empty oversized bloom room that will be able to handle overflow.

DSCF8182.JPG

Upon learning that even Gorilla tape will not stick to the paint in this room we managed to put a temporary blackout covering over the window so that the neighbors to the north can not get a good look at the 6x COB DIY light that has been installed. The space is perfect for full coverage of the light and it has been hung slightly off center in the space. Metering and controls will need to be moved to the short end of the light at the edge of the alcove so we can see them, but for now we will make it work as originally designed. The same thing goes for a veg grow table of some sort... it is not going to work trying to grow plants on the floor. I want some sort of slide or roller system so that I can move the work table out of the alcove for easy access and cleaning and to provide some sort of catch basin for water spills. We will work on these improvements as time goes on. Airflow is good up there, but it needs to be better engineered for good smell control. An output fan will be installed in the window in this alcove and set to provide negative air pressure in that area.

So far we have one plant up, our Dinafem Cheese, and I am expecting to see several more rise up very soon.
DSCF8180.JPG

Very nice setup. Have you tried 3M Foil Tape? That tends to stick to anything that is clean. Then put duct tape over that for more strength. Harbor freight sales cheap swivel wheels with four screw flanges for a couple of bucks. One sheet of 1/2" plywood screw wheels on even add a flood table on that and your off to the races.

Congratulations on completing your move. It looks as though you are settling in nicely.
Have you considered a blackout curtain, and just mounting a curtain rod?
As for your work table, check out this,

1664581704940.png

If you don't use it to hold the plants, it will always be a nice platform to work from...

my inner thoughts say: That paint looks awful, Go white and ditch the black plastic for roll mylar.. other than that it's Sweet!
Yes, a rolling or adjustable work table will save your back..
The black plastic is just for now, and I plan on getting some roll mylar that I can use everywhere that it can be applied, even making a roll down door for the entryway.

Very nice setup. Have you tried 3M Foil Tape? That tends to stick to anything that is clean. Then put duct tape over that for more strength. Harbor freight sales cheap swivel wheels with four screw flanges for a couple of bucks. One sheet of 1/2" plywood screw wheels on even add a flood table on that and your off to the races.
I am planning on a plastic curtain type entryway to the bloom area, allowing it to keep its own environment separate from the rest of the house, and not being able to tape it up even temporarily has forced me to think about securing it the right way using furring strips and screws. I like the idea of the cheap swivel wheels and the 1/2 plywood for my work table. I plan to put an edge strip around the perimeter and then waterproof it to make the flood table. I have been looking for a reason to buy some of that spray on rubber coating stuff.

Congratulations on completing your move. It looks as though you are settling in nicely.
1664581667841.png

If you don't use it to hold the plants, it will always be a nice platform to work from...
We thought about curtains up there when we were buying our curtains and blinds for the house, but then realized that these would all be working windows and would always be blacked out or blocked off and on the inside, turned into reflective areas using mylar.
I like the heavy duty cart and that was sort of what I had in mind when I thought of the idea, but I cant use that much height. I need something just a few inches off of the floor so as to save all the vertical height that I can, so it is probably going to require DIY.

1664581626316.png

I use those in the bedroom because the moon shine and early morning light is intense through the windows and is hard to get to sleep..I also have one I made from just a thick dowel rod and black fabric.. Either way, a great alternative solution to black plastic..

The black plastic is just for now, and I plan on getting some roll mylar that I can use everywhere that it can be applied, even making a roll down door for the entryway.

I am planning on a plastic curtain type entryway to the bloom area, allowing it to keep its own environment separate from the rest of the house, and not being able to tape it up even temporarily has forced me to think about securing it the right way using furring strips and screws. I like the idea of the cheap swivel wheels and the 1/2 plywood for my work table. I plan to put an edge strip around the perimeter and then waterproof it to make the flood table. I have been looking for a reason to buy some of that spray on rubber coating stuff.

We thought about curtains up there when we were buying our curtains and blinds for the house, but then realized that these would all be working windows and would always be blacked out or blocked off and on the inside, turned into reflective areas using mylar.
I like the heavy duty cart and that was sort of what I had in mind when I thought of the idea, but I cant use that much height. I need something just a few inches off of the floor so as to save all the vertical height that I can, so it is probably going to require DIY.
Laugh all you want but I cut down a hollow core door to the size I needed and put it on 8" cinder block cubes.. When the plants grow I lower the table 8" each time removing a block until I hit the floor.. Saw horses will work also for a while but make sure you buy bolts and run them through so it isn't wonkey..

So something more like this?
1664581563611.png

Not sure how big you can go in that space, but this may help get your girls in and out when watering time comes.
They make the scissor carts, but dang those are a little rich$$$.

I am planning on a plastic curtain type entryway to the bloom area, allowing it to keep its own environment separate from the rest of the house
I’ve been using a piece of Mylar with a zipper taped in the center. This time I’ll be using Velcro strips around the door instead of tape so I can remove it if needed without tearing it.

my inner thoughts say: That paint looks awful, Go white and ditch the black plastic for roll mylar.. other than that it's Sweet!
Yes, a rolling or adjustable work table will save your back..
I love the dark grey against the stark white. I think it’s a beautiful colour combination. Just proves that opinions are like arseholes - everybody has one :D

I do agree with the work table if you are bending, however I have a feeling Em would be a bendy yoga girl fo sho. No need to bend when you can garland pose it ;)

I love the dark grey against the stark white. I think it’s a beautiful colour combination. Just proves that opinions are like arseholes - everybody has one :D

I do agree with the work table if you are bending, however I have a feeling Em would be a bendy yoga girl fo sho. No need to bend when you can garland pose it ;)
It's the back of my mind talking + I shoot from the hip nowadays post Covid and say what's on my mind.. I cant help it .. So as not to step on feelings I'll say it this way.. The charcoal grey wont bounce the light back properly back onto the plants.. Painting bright white over it is a low tech solution. I agree that using mylar for the window block is also good solution. I also understand that closing on a house and doing other projects that it takes time ..Little by little it'll get done..

It's the back of my mind talking + I shoot from the hip nowadays post Covid and say what's on my mind.. I cant help it .. so as not to step on feelings I'll say it this way.. The charcoal grey wont bounce the light properly back at the plants.. I agree that wrapping the area using mylar is a good solution and will also work well as a future window block out...
Oh same same!

And I don’t even have the luxury of blaming covid, it’s in my DNA! I’ve only been a member here 5 minutes and I’ve already had a post reported and been spanked by a moderator and I’m not even joking!

Lollinggggggg

I do love the growing science and colours. I never realised how important background colours are when it comes to indoor grows.

Nice to make your acquaintance by the way :)

It's the back of my mind talking + I shoot from the hip nowadays post Covid and say what's on my mind.. I cant help it .. So as not to step on feelings I'll say it this way.. The charcoal grey wont bounce the light back properly back onto the plants.. Painting bright white over it is a low tech solution. I agree that using mylar for the window block is also good solution. I also understand that closing on a house and doing other projects that it takes time ..Little by little it'll get done..
Quick tip: If you are using white paint and want to get the highest reflective value from it, Prime it with pepto -peppermint pink. it's a trade secret of auto body guys along with old timers who guild gold leaf frames and theater architectural pieces. It's also why you see some old beater cars with pink quarter pannels..

Oh same same!

And I don’t even have the luxury of blaming covid, it’s in my DNA! I’ve only been a member here 5 minutes and I’ve already had a post reported and been spanked by a moderator and I’m not even joking!

Lollinggggggg

I do love the growing science and colours. I never realised how important background colours are when it comes to indoor grows.

Nice to make your acquaintance by the way :)
It's all good, probably my writing style that makes me come across as an ass hole ...Nice to meet you as well..

It's all good, probably my writing style that makes me come across as an ass hole ...Nice to meet you as well..
Me too, but to be fair that’s prolly more because I am a bit of an arsehole...

:laughtwo: :laughtwo: :laughtwo:

LOLLINGGGGGG!

We all get dinged now and then if we are active... it's so easy to slip up sometimes by getting passionate about some issue or that and losing your mind for a moment... Sadly I do that last bit more often than I would like to admit. I have promised to try to do better. You should have seen my sarcastic self in the early days and when I was angry at the world for my disability... I chased off a lot of good folks from various boards in those days and still have a portion of the world mad at me. Such is life. In the real world I am a leader of business executives. They all know that I mean it... If you're not upsetting someone, you aren't doing your job.

Back
Top Bottom