Emmie's Vegan Fertilizer, Pineapple Chunk 2020 Celebration: Experimental Soil Grow

Wow! They are fairly jumpin up! Very vigorous and hardy strain.

I was all set to caution about fertilizing “hot” soil, but I’m speechless..

Love the MegaCrop!

Good work Sensei!

Hmmm.. gotta read up on Vulx..
:nomo:

Veg, Day 10
The plants are now very close to being as wide as the containers. Watering the edges clearly has an amazing result.
DSCF7461.JPG
DSCF7460.JPG
DSCF7459.JPG

The containers are definitely getting lighter, but it still is not time to properly water.

I have a pet peeve to get off of my mind. I see people recommend to not give nutes until the cotyledons have shriveled up. I have 3 pairs of very healthy cotyledons here begging to differ with this bro science opinion.

DSCF7464.JPG
DSCF7463.JPG
DSCF7462.JPG

Nutes are funny... at this stage in a strong soil, nutes are not "needed" in order to grow these plants. Given the right nutes however, in the right hands and with proper watering techniques, you can get what you see here. My family is laughing at me... I have been a minimalist for too long. If you are going to use nutes, then why be timid? Nutes are meant to put plants into superdrive. Give your plants a chance to be amazing... FEED FEED FEED, the MC mantra.

Veg, Day 10
The plants are now very close to being as wide as the containers. Watering the edges clearly has an amazing result.
DSCF7461.JPG
DSCF7460.JPG
DSCF7459.JPG

The containers are definitely getting lighter, but it still is not time to properly water.

I have a pet peeve to get off of my mind. I see people recommend to not give nutes until the cotyledons have shriveled up. I have 3 pairs of very healthy cotyledons here begging to differ with this bro science opinion.

DSCF7464.JPG
DSCF7463.JPG
DSCF7462.JPG

Nutes are funny... at this stage in a strong soil, nutes are not "needed" in order to grow these plants. Given the right nutes however, in the right hands and with proper watering techniques, you can get what you see here. My family is laughing at me... I have been a minimalist for too long. If you are going to use nutes, then why be timid? Nutes are meant to put plants into superdrive. Give your plants a chance to be amazing... FEED FEED FEED, the MC mantra.

Jack's magic beans ain't got nothing on these plants here.

Veg, Day 12
Yesterday I started seeing the start of a complaint from my girls... and an odd little complaint it is.

DSCF7466.JPG
DSCF7467.JPG

The presentation of this complaint is happening at the tips of the first fan leaves and also at the tips of the new growth at the top! This is highly odd and it has me totally baffled... except that I know I must feed more! I upped the application rate to 3g/gal and watered.
Today the containers were all significantly lighter and in need of watering as all of the plants have now exceeded the width of the containers and are pushing up the 4th node!

DSCF7465.JPG

As predicted, by the end of this week I will probably need to do my first topping. I also expect the wet/dry cycle to significantly speed up on this round.

Also, I have noted how bioavailable this MC is to mold growing on the surface of the soil. I am just going to consider this a cover crop and not worry about it.

Love Emilya. on board with the mc here too now. going for broke in the LOS tonight to see how those 4 like this stuff too. I am going with 5g/gal for 1st feed as the bennies are still activating the soil I think. Two are pale as hell amd have een from the off so here goes. lol
loving your logic and bravery .

Veg, Day 12
Yesterday I started seeing the start of a complaint from my girls... and an odd little complaint it is.

DSCF7466.JPG
DSCF7467.JPG

The presentation of this complaint is happening at the tips of the first fan leaves and also at the tips of the new growth at the top! This is highly odd and it has me totally baffled... except that I know I must feed more! I upped the application rate to 3g/gal and watered.
Today the containers were all significantly lighter and in need of watering as all of the plants have now exceeded the width of the containers and are pushing up the 4th node!

DSCF7465.JPG

As predicted, by the end of this week I will probably need to do my first topping. I also expect the wet/dry cycle to significantly speed up on this round.

Also, I have noted how bioavailable this MC is to mold growing on the surface of the soil. I am just going to consider this a cover crop and not worry about it.

Looking very healthy!!!

And only 16 weeks to harvest :)

I just finished feeding for the second time with MC ... version 2 ... so far so good ... and I try to keep the cotyledons for as long as I can ...

ttyl

Yes... but that harvest will be substantial... and from just 3 plants.
My next round could go to flower easily in 5 weeks and be done in 11... just depends on what you got going.

what are you running that’s 6 weeks flowering time?Just curious

your babies look a-fuckin-mazing for just under 2 weeks!

what are you running that’s 6 weeks flowering time?Just curious

your babies look a-fuckin-mazing for just under 2 weeks!
ooops... I did misspeak... pineapple chunk... 55 days... so just under 8 weeks... I guess move that total time up to 13 weeks.
Are you running the recharge with the MC or just MC?
Just running MC on this group... using tap water with no pH adjustment

Veg, Day 10
DSCF7461.JPG
DSCF7460.JPG
DSCF7459.JPG

DSCF7464.JPG
DSCF7463.JPG
DSCF7462.JPG

On this note around the coty leaves. I have been a "belieber" of the coty logic and took a lot of comfort early days thinking they had a packed lunch with them if I wasnt sure about feeding seedlings. Seeing it bear out on so many occasions as they got to around node 5 and the coty " kamikaze " to their end. ????. The odd fact for me is that most of us cannot leave seedling alone and unfed until that point so end up feeding and not mentioning it in case we get jumped on for feeding too early !. lol. I have , for the 1st time, ignored the coty theory with ny autos and fed them. I am on day 25 , mostly on 5th nodes and all bar 1 still have complete cotyledons on them. I assumed it was an autoflower thing as this is my maiden Voyage with them.lol . When I read your bro-science comment , it made me chuckle and at the same time. ( once I had forgiven you for being a girl and not understanding bro-science or possibly Man-Flu either ? ;) .heehee). It did put that one firmly to bed for me now , thank you. This MC is starting to colour up my 2 LOS pale girls quick time too I think. Only 1 feed with it so far but they appear more mottled with darker shading blending in. Still hate watering soil and mulching just means I have no idea what the surface is like without sticking my digit in. The probe is crap ( as stated in so many threads.lol) so still feel like a complete noob . Keep up the pioneering Emmy , watching and partially copying your success here.

GG, don't feel bad. I give my seedlings a little food too. Not a lot by any means, but a tiny light snack.

On this note around the coty leaves. I have been a "belieber" of the coty logic and took a lot of comfort early days thinking they had a packed lunch with them if I wasnt sure about feeding seedlings. Seeing it bear out on so many occasions as they got to around node 5 and the coty " kamikaze " to their end. ????. The odd fact for me is that most of us cannot leave seedling alone and unfed until that point so end up feeding and not mentioning it in case we get jumped on for feeding too early !. lol. I have , for the 1st time, ignored the coty theory with ny autos and fed them. I am on day 25 , mostly on 5th nodes and all bar 1 still have complete cotyledons on them. I assumed it was an autoflower thing as this is my maiden Voyage with them.lol . When I read your bro-science comment , it made me chuckle and at the same time. ( once I had forgiven you for being a girl and not understanding bro-science or possibly Man-Flu either ? ;) .heehee). It did put that one firmly to bed for me now , thank you. This MC is starting to colour up my 2 LOS pale girls quick time too I think. Only 1 feed with it so far but they appear more mottled with darker shading blending in. Still hate watering soil and mulching just means I have no idea what the surface is like without sticking my digit in. The probe is crap ( as stated in so many threads.lol) so still feel like a complete noob . Keep up the pioneering Emmy , watching and partially copying your success here.
I use to wait also but found that the 2 seedlings I ran 2gm-1gallon through before planting are looking better than the ones I waited on.

Back
Top Bottom