Emmie's Vegan Fertilizer, Pineapple Chunk 2020 Celebration: Experimental Soil Grow

Your garden looks great ... and I agree, it's a great day to flip!

Have a fantastic Christmas!!!
Thank you, and Merry Christmas to all that I have missed so far!
Tonight is indeed the start of the flip and instead of the lights coming on as they expected at 9pm, the darkness continued. I have convinced my diabolical combination of smartphones, WYZE products and Alexa to hold off on the lights until 8:15pm on Thursday night to start the first 12 hour day, just after peak electrical costs have gone down. This will have put them in darkness before the bloom cycle lighting for 53 hours, and I am betting that I will have shaved at least 3 days, maybe 4 off of the transition period. With this aggressive Pineapple Chunk plant I expect the transition to be on the short side anyway, so I am hoping to for sure have the start of flower by 2020 and one of the first early harvests of the year!

Merry Christmas everyone! Happy Yule or whatever it is your family celebrates this season... I am celebrating being able to smoke my very own legal pot. Season's Tokings to one and all!

I did my morning check of the girls to find that despite the darkness for most of their expected day today, they are still growing like they were insane, supercharged by the MC and its added side products of extra goodies and @Vulx. I am 100% convinced that we would not be close to where we are today without the 120g / gallon of Vulx. The seriously cool thing about this is that Vulx doesn't wear out or break down. It is now part of this soil until someday I decide to throw it out. Get this stuff.
The GLN side product Bud Explosion has arrived via 8pm courier (seriously) and this powerful PK Booster 0-26-37 will be used during stretch to enhance the development of new bud sites, and then will be re-introduced at the start of week 6 of 8 as this powerful plant finishes up. I will be following the Baron's advice to up the MC dosage every other time, so the next watering we will remain at the late veg, 4.5g/g level. Everything looks good... No active deficiencies can be seen.
Speaking of aggressive plants... look at Big Bertha in the back left, taking full advantage of the dark to try to stretch out already. She has grown almost an inch a day lately and not just at the top... the side growth is jetting toward the canopy too.

DSCF7686.JPG
DSCF7685.JPG

:yummy:

I hope you and yours have a great Christmas
and a wonderful new year, Emilya

Twas Christmas Day in Missouri…..

She's a witch of trouble in the green its true
In her own mad mind she'll deny it too
For you
O WTF she do?
Strange brew, then she puts in the screw!

She's some kind of demon, mixing Mega-Crop
And she feeds it to J, will she never stop?
Too true
What kind of fool are you?
Strange brew – gallons of Vulx, ya-hoo!

Twas Christmas Day in Missouri…..

She's a witch of trouble in the green its true
In her own mad mind she'll deny it too
For you
O WTF she do?
Strange brew, then she puts in the screw!

She's some kind of demon, mixing Mega-Crop
And she feeds it to J, will she never stop?
Too true
What kind of fool are you?
Strange brew – gallons of Vulx, ya-hoo!
That was lovely dear Mark, thank you. Best of the season to you and here's wishing that Santa was able to find you out there in the middle of Wheretheheckareweville. And no, she will never stop.

Today is the day we bring back the light. Right now I am raising the lights because these plants are stretching hard. Just in the last day we saw another inch to an inch and a half of growth on all the plants. The mega crop is all mixed up and ready to go at their first 12 hour daybreak. The Bud Explosion product has arrived and it is in the mix at 1 gram per gallon.
I'm getting ready for a new high-tech thrill on this grow and I have installed a wyze cam for easy viewing 24/7 no matter where in the world I am as well as now having the capability to do easy time lapse photography and small instructional videos.
2CAA8E7CDC94_1577400014527.png

Today is the day we bring back the light. Right now I am raising the lights because these plants are stretching hard. Just in the last day we saw another inch to an inch and a half of growth on all the plants. The mega crop is all mixed up and ready to go at their first 12 hour daybreak. The Bud Explosion product has arrived and it is in the mix at 1 gram per gallon.
I'm getting ready for a new high-tech thrill on this grow and I have installed a wyze cam for easy viewing 24/7 no matter where in the world I am as well as now having the capability to do easy time lapse photography and small instructional videos.
2CAA8E7CDC94_1577400014527.png

Very cool! I'll have to look into Wyze.

Transition, Day 4
Today was the first full day of 12 hour light for the girls and they seemed to love it. The plants are now huge, every bit as large as my plants last run that vegged for 2 months, and are now standing at a firm 27-30"

DSCF7692.JPG

I had a miscalculation on the hours of darkness during this transition. My goal was to come out on the other side of this being able to time my 12 hour light period to fall outside of the electric company's peak usage hours of 4-8pm. What I failed to realize was that this sets my bloom hours to 3:45am to 3:45pm. I planned on coming back into light after 53 hours, but to adjust to this time slot I let the girls go a full 72 hours of darkness to start the flip. Egads. I really didn't intend to go so far as this with this test, but as someone mentioned recently... you never know what I might try next. We will see how long this transition takes now after this very extended dark period.

So far, they seem to have handled it fine. They did stretch quite a bit in the darkness, but they didn't appear to be suffering any. At the start of their day they got watered with 4.5g of mc, sk, sc and Bud Explosion. This heavy PK hit right at this time should allow for massive new bud development and I will continue it till the end of stretch.

The lights have also been raised to 22" away from the canopy and in intensity to 28,000 LUX or 400 PAR, and that will steadily increase over time up into the 40,000 LUX / 580 PAR levels if they can handle it, by the start of flower.
DSCF7690.JPG

DSCF7693.JPG

The lower canopy is still doing fine with no active deficiencies seen. Even the few big lower fans that are being cannibalized from the early magnesium deficiency are still hanging on and are still doing productive work for the plant.
DSCF7691.JPG

Here is a quick view from the top
DSCF7689.JPG

Lastly, the tomato cages are working perfectly. Just like my tomato plants learn to lean on the cage so as to hold their heavy fruit, these plants are also beefing up at the top and getting ready to hold some weight now that they know they have the support. I should have tried doing this years ago.
DSCF7688.JPG
DSCF7687.JPG

Looking good Em but why are you only feeding BE for the beginning and then stopping to only introduce it again later. Why not run it all the way through?

Im curious as to where you came up with this schedule and why you’ve chosen to do it this way?
Good question, and thank you for asking!
Part of my assumptions is in the name... Bud Explosion. There are two times that it can be described that the buds are "exploding" during the grow, as the buds sites are setting in around the plant and during the final bud swell at the end, and I think that maybe I have been romanticising the name into having a meaning that was not intended.
Well, that was my thinking anyways, but since you asked I decided to do some additional research to see what a good nutrient line that I trust does in this regard to help me make the decisions I was going to end up with in this grow. For clues, I examined the Fox Farm Solubles, a well proven system of amendments and one that I knew centered in on the specific needs during these beginning and end points. I found evidence that will answer two questions I got today about my Megacrop decisions.

To develop additional budsites, FF recommends Open Sesame weeks 4-6 NPK 5-45-19
To develop massive weight buds, FF recommends Beasty Bloomz week 7 only NPK 0-50-30
To develop increased resin production, FF recommends Cha-Ching for the rest of the grow, NPK 9-50-10

So during bud set and stretch, clearly additional N is called for along with very large amounts of Phosphorus as well as large amounts of Potassium. Clearly BE is called for here as well as an increase in the MC levels to increase the amount of N. it seems obvious that this is the time to increase the MC to flowering levels.

Immediately after stretch FF recommends zero additional N, but a massive increase in P and K. This is where I was clearly in error, and will be hitting with the BE at max levels during these waterings during week 3 and 4 of bloom, thanks to your heads up warning.

This brings us to week 4 of flower and beyond and FF recommends additional N again (keep increasing that MC), continued high levels of Phosphorus and slightly higher levels of Potassium, so again the BE seems to be called for, right up to the end.

I was clearly in the wrong in my thinking and of course the MC feeding calculator agrees with you... BE starts now and continues till the end of the grow. Thank you once again for the heads up and your second opinion... I think you stopped me from making an error.
:circle-of-love:

That’s great Emilya and I’m glad you figured things out before any issues did possibly come up! I was hesitant this round with using Bud Explosion at first but seeing how my garden is booming and doing so well I will be introducing it earlier next round to see if it helps improve with Bud site growth in the initial flowering weeks.
I look forward to seeing your beautiful garden develop and I’m excited to see how it responds to the heavy dosing through flower! Keep on juicin em!
:Namaste:

That’s great Emilya and I’m glad you figured things out before any issues did possibly come up! I was hesitant this round with using Bud Explosion at first but seeing how my garden is booming and doing so well I will be introducing it earlier next round to see if it helps improve with Bud site growth in the initial flowering weeks.
I look forward to seeing your beautiful garden develop and I’m excited to see how it responds to the heavy dosing through flower! Keep on juicin em!
:Namaste:
Did you back off the 6mg with the added 1mg of bud explosion?

I am pleased to report this morning that there are ZERO problems in my garden, certainly none as a result of the recent application of Bud Explosion at a 1g/g rate. Maintaining the MC base at 4.5g/g was a good decision as there are indications that I am right where I want to be, with just the very slightest beginnings of a miniscule amount of tip burn being seen, if you really look for it. All leaves previously showing deficiencies are still vibrant and supple (except for the necrotic areas) and show no indications of falling off of the plant any time soon. These are insanely healthy plants... and they are still visibly stretching a little bit each day. I just added 10 more watts to each side of the COB array, surely knocking the PAR over the 500 mark for the first time in this grow.

I am pleased to report this morning that there are ZERO problems in my garden, certainly none as a result of the recent application of Bud Explosion at a 1g/g rate. Maintaining the MC base at 4.5g/g was a good decision as there are indications that I am right where I want to be, with just the very slightest beginnings of a miniscule amount of tip burn being seen, if you really look for it. All leaves previously showing deficiencies are still vibrant and supple (except for the necrotic areas) and show no indications of falling off of the plant any time soon. These are insanely healthy plants... and they are still visibly stretching a little bit each day. I just added 10 more watts to each side of the COB array, surely knocking the PAR over the 500 mark for the first time in this grow.
Looks like I need to look into trying to get my little paws on some @Vulx . More reading.

Back
Top Bottom