Emmie's Vegan Fertilizer, Pineapple Chunk 2020 Celebration: Experimental Soil Grow

I'm playing the jar game as well. The Mazar's are holding on to moisture like crazy. 70-71% . I've left the tops off for hours each day. They were/ are nice dense buds though.

The 2A thing....I managed a gun store/ range for years. The 4473 asks if you are an unlawful user and or addicted to a controlled substance. Of course if you check it you're screwed. No one checks it. I carry daily, but I won't be " under the influence" in public carrying. I'm not taking the chance of some young gung ho cop proving something. Then again what am I doing wrong to even be looked at by police? As far as growing and having a firearm in the house in a legal state. For me personally that wouldn't bother me.

I found after talking to my mum that I transposed a tennis term in with golf. She is not a semi-pro, she is an assistant trainer, is paid for what she does by her clients and is a big deal in the clubhouse. I got the lecture on how pro's play for money, the rest of us pay to play. :) She gets paid for passing her skills on to others, mostly wealthy older ladies.

As far as the medical card goes, yes, a regular doctor will laugh and scold you, with very few exceptions. Typically you will meet with this cannabis "doctor" online and an official looking person in a white coat will appear on your screen and will ask you two questions related to your chronic condition and you will learn that with your cash payment, you will have been "qualified." Your family GP does not need to be involved. Once you get that "prescription" then you can apply for your official Missouri card or cards with the Department of Health.
The 2a thing is still up in the air and being challenged in at least 3 court cases around the nation, with standing. I own several firearms and I am not giving them up. According to my Sheriff, unless they are called to my house on other matters where my guns are involved, no one is ever going to question me or try to take away my guns or my CCW because I grow pot.
What is happening is the ATF form that you have to fill out when purchasing a new firearm is going to force you to lie. There is a checkbox that asks if you are taking drugs, and cannabis does apply. If you check the box, you will be turned down. You have two choices if a medical patient, make a mistake while filling out that form by not checking that box, or don't purchase any new guns until this works its way through the courts. Also, in keeping with CCW rules, don't carry your weapon when intoxicated or can be proven to be so.
As far as full recreational goes... I am not sure that Missouri is going to be ready for that, heck, its now in its second year and we still don't know what medical looks like in this state. I am glad they are starting to make the noise now, but I see little chance of it passing (especially with Parsons in charge) until we are at least a year into the full use and distribution of medical cannabis in this state. Missourians are going to want to see the revenue and what happens on the highways and with crime and other drug use rates before they go all out on this, IMHO.

Sounds like your mom is a "club pro" Sweet...

Per your advice, I took the plunge this morning and did my online evaluation for my med card. I'm approved! Still have to register with the State of Mo and pay all the fees...At this point I couldn't be happier. Should I have any concerns about the state denying my doctor recommendation? Obviously I want to pay the extra for the home grow. Did you have any problems at this point?

Sorry to bog down your thread with my personal questions but I don't got 50 posts yet where I can PM you.

Glad to help, and I don't mind the extra chatter on the thread at all. I have not officially applied yet myself... been waiting to get into a new house and then register the grow there. From what I understand of the state part of this, all they are looking for is that you own the home and that you can certify that the grow area will be locked... you should be quickly approved.
Was the medical part as I described it? I am sure that it would be slightly different depending on which provider you went through.

The medical part was exactly as you described it. The whole process from start to finish might have taken 20 min including a 5 min video chat. I went with one of the most well know providers, not going to mention their name as it probably isn't okay here. Anyways it was the $99 MO provider. Small price to pay...

My grow room is already set up...separate building from my residence. Heated and cooled...This is going to be epic...Growing my own weed legally! I feel like I just eagled a par 4 "like happy gilmore" Whoot Whoot

I wish my country would wake up,
we don't have a problem exporting it but deny it's own population proper usage.
(sorry mini rant over) :Namaste:
and in the uk. the ex prime ministers hubby and the minister for healths hubby are the ONLY licencee growers. corrupt greedy bastards. Health minister said no proof of medical benefit yet her husband exports billions of weed globally for health. roll on real collapse now. these greedy bastards need public slaughtering along with their sucubus offspring too. bred for greed

and in the uk. the ex prime ministers hubby and the minister for healths hubby are the ONLY licencee growers. corrupt greedy bastards. Health minister said no proof of medical benefit yet her husband exports billions of weed globally for health. roll on real collapse now. these greedy bastards need public slaughtering along with their sucubus offspring too. bred for greed
U sound like one of us Gg.

U sound like one of us Gg.
heehee. very awake and aware here. never been a sheep and spent forever taking shots.lol sod em.
WWG1WGA. love the idea and possible truths. nice to think they could fall. got to have something in the madness.

A quick note on the continuing dry and cure...

This dense batch of buds is forcing me to learn new tricks. We are still finding that after an extended time enclosed in the jars, even more moisture is being pulled from the cores which slowly brings our RH up out of the cure zone. Again today I am sitting here with the jars open with the meter in one jar reading 53%, while I attempt to "air it out" just a little bit more to evaporate some of the moisture that I have brought out in the last few days. Eventually I will get it to sit stable at 65 for a couple of weeks.
It's not like it isn't starting to cure, because it is. It is dry enough now that it is possible to roll a joint and smoke most of it before it all gums up, but the flavor still isn't where it needs to be. The smoke is definitely getting denser, and no one is complaining about harshness. One person, so impressed with the quality, offered to buy up all that I had, but of course I had to turn him down. So it is getting there... but still no where near where I want it to be. A good cure is well worth the time and effort that it takes to get it done. It may be a boring part of the grow journal to document, but it is an important and often left out step, and one that should be journal'ed so that others can see what a long and arduous process it can sometimes be.
:lot-o-toke:

You are doing very well Homer, and thank you for the validation. It looks like you have that stuff pretty well figured out now and can recognize the markers. As you said, it's no harder than following the directions. I am very happy to see such a healthy garden and another successful gardener able to read the plants well enough to use the supplements successfully!

Congratulations on your quarantine emancipation; that must feel like a real relief. Scary times indeed.

I appreciate the generous appraisal of my growing skills but I wouldn’t say I can so much as recognize markers as I can simply tell when a leaf is showing stress but I have no idea what the specific deficiency or lockout is. I have looked at several photographic guides of nutrient deficiencies and they all seem to vary and none seem to ever really match my leave’s problems so I find your ability to diagnose from leaves pretty remarkable.

I am just adjusting for green and assuming everything else is in balance the way Greenleaf proclaims and things seem to be working better than ever. I’m around week five of flower at 6 g per gallon MC and last watering I just introduced .25 g per gallon BE.

I am getting some pinhead-sized light spots on my upper leaves and I thought it was the beginning of a deficiency which is partly why I introduced the BE but on closer inspection, it is only the upper leaves and it definitely seems to have a direct relationship to the intensity of the light the leaf receives so I think it’s LED burn. But then again maybe there is a deficiency rendering the leaves more susceptible to it I don’t know but I am monitoring it and hopefully perhaps delusionally, the addition of the BE may help.

I am losing one or two bottom leaves per day which at this stage is a lot better than previous grows but I’m wondering if BE may reduce that also. So all in all following the guide taking it slow and conservative with the nutes things are going very well. Also, I didn't prune any lower leaves ever so they are all old very bottom leaves dying so the plant may just not need them anymore?

People were talking about numbers and I find I get about 27% dried cured bud compared to wet bud when harvested. Also, only making suggestions but jars drove me crazy trying to dry and cure bud because the neck is narrow which makes the stuff a pain to get in and out and it’s hard to air out a jar without taking everything out so for a while now I have been putting about 5 ounces in big Tupperware like containers I bought at the dollar store for next to nothing. I can open up the lid and mix up all the bud so it dries evenly and then air it out by waving the lid over the container and then seal the lid all in about 30 seconds. The lids are semi-transparent so I can read the hygrometer through the lid without opening it. And then I packed about 5 ounces into a big mason jar to put in the freezer for long-term storage at the end of curing.

Glad you are getting back to normal. Now only if life would sometime soon. :oops:

Congratulations on your quarantine emancipation; that must feel like a real relief. Scary times indeed.

I appreciate the generous appraisal of my growing skills but I wouldn’t say I can so much as recognize markers as I can simply tell when a leaf is showing stress but I have no idea what the specific deficiency or lockout is. I have looked at several photographic guides of nutrient deficiencies and they all seem to vary and none seem to ever really match my leave’s problems so I find your ability to diagnose from leaves pretty remarkable.

I am just adjusting for green and assuming everything else is in balance the way Greenleaf proclaims and things seem to be working better than ever. I’m around week five of flower at 6 g per gallon MC and last watering I just introduced .25 g per gallon BE.

I am getting some pinhead-sized light spots on my upper leaves and I thought it was the beginning of a deficiency which is partly why I introduced the BE but on closer inspection, it is only the upper leaves and it definitely seems to have a direct relationship to the intensity of the light the leaf receives so I think it’s LED burn. But then again maybe there is a deficiency rendering the leaves more susceptible to it I don’t know but I am monitoring it and hopefully perhaps delusionally, the addition of the BE may help.

I am losing one or two bottom leaves per day which at this stage is a lot better than previous grows but I’m wondering if BE may reduce that also. So all in all following the guide taking it slow and conservative with the nutes things are going very well.

People were talking about numbers and I find I get about 27% dried cured bud compared to wet bud when it is harvested. Also, only making suggestions but jars drove me crazy trying to dry and cured bud because the neck is narrow which makes the stuff a pain to get in and out and it’s hard to air out a jar without taking everything out so for a while I have been putting about 5 ounces in big Tupperware like containers I bought at the dollar store for next to nothing. I can open up the lid and mix up all the bud so it dries evenly and then air it out by waving the lid over the container and then seal the lid all in about 30 seconds. And then I packed about 5 ounces into a big mason jar to put in the freezer for long-term storage at the end of curing.

Glad you are getting back to normal. Now only if life would sometime soon. :oops:

Wide mouth jars. Problem solved, lol.

Just dropped beans for half my next grow. Waiting to add some diff stuff for the other half.

I am losing one or two bottom leaves per day which at this stage is a lot better than previous grows but I’m wondering if BE may reduce that also. So all in all following the guide taking it slow and conservative with the nutes things are going very well. Also, I didn't prune any lower leaves ever so they are all old very bottom leaves dying so the plant may just not need them anymore?

People were talking about numbers and I find I get about 27% dried cured bud compared to wet bud when harvested. Also, only making suggestions but jars drove me crazy trying to dry and cure bud because the neck is narrow which makes the stuff a pain to get in and out and it’s hard to air out a jar without taking everything out so for a while now I have been putting about 5 ounces in big Tupperware like containers I bought at the dollar store for next to nothing. I can open up the lid and mix up all the bud so it dries evenly and then air it out by waving the lid over the container and then seal the lid all in about 30 seconds. The lids are semi-transparent so I can read the hygrometer through the lid without opening it. And then I packed about 5 ounces into a big mason jar to put in the freezer for long-term storage at the end of curing.

It is nice to be able to get out and about again, but while I was gone the world changed. This is now a new reality, and I don't like what we are seeing, not just in the grocery stores, but in the attitudes of our fellow citizens. People be crazy, and it seems now they have a license to do so. It is just going to get worse too, at least for now... I hear that my county now has 9 cases and they are strongly considering a stay at home order. Great.... just great.

Homer, let me claw back just a wee little bit of that praise with a little scolding. Remember what they say at the GLN website, go for the green and at any sign of damage, pull back.

Do not think of that big number 6 at the top end of the feeding recommendations as a goal... it is a top limit in their eyes, and it should be in yours too. It is going to take a lot of convincing to make me want to give the maximum recommended dosage of any of the GLN products in the future to my plants, no matter how precocious I may believe them to be. The reason for the scolding here is that you are seeing spotting in the upper growth, you made an assumption about the lights, and moved on forward toward that final goal of 6g... plus some more.

Yes, it makes sense that the damage being seen is in the top growth, not just because of the type of deficiency that it is, but also because that is where the most intense light is, so that is also where the most intense photosynthesis is going on too. This is the area that is going to show first signs of a problem.

Since the spotting is occurring in the upper growth, we know it to be a non-mobile deficiency, ie, that resource can not be moved around inside the plant from storehouses, it has to be coming in with each watering. But Ca problems can be deceiving. As you said, the problem picture charts can be confusing but with careful study you can see that not only can deficiencies in calcium can be ugly and result in rust colored, bronzed necrotic areas to form on the leaves, but overages of Ca can also be ugly... resulting in faded yellowing leaves with dark spots on them. With this one especially, it is important to know if you are seeing toxicity or deficiency...

But, always remember the words on the website... any sign of damage, back down the dosage. I strongly suspect that 6g/g is not your optimum level of MC and that now by introducing BE, you are likely to start seeing some interesting additional reactions. Too much Ca also means that you most likely also have too much N and Mg, since they are all balanced with each other in the MC dosage. Each one of these produces an antagonistic relationship with potassium, and now you have introduced more potassium. I suspect that you will now start seeing signs of other lockouts very soon and if/when you do, I want you to strongly consider backing your MC down a half a point to see what happens. I suspect we will all learn from your results.

Regarding drying and curing, I am just a little afraid of tupperware type containers since I have seen how easily this plastic product picks up odors. I am also not convinced about the seal on most of these cheaper containers, and have found that over time many of the Dollar Store containers are not exactly air or bug proof. While I like the idea of the wide mouth and ease of quick drying, I really trust the Mason/Ball jars for a tight seal that will last for years, because some of the pot I have produced 5-10 years ago is still around in jars, stored safely away. For the initial cure and drying, tupperware tubs and turkey bags might be fine, but I am always going to prefer glass. This long slow dry and cure that I am achieving right now has been a bit of a challenge to get dry down to the proper level, but I am very close to the point where it is going to hold at 64-65% for a month or more, with a weekly burp, and this cure is going to be righteously outstanding when it is done.

I will note here today also that as is my Sunday morning ritual, I have been sitting here with my morning joint and my tea, looking over my electronic worlds, and that for the last 2 hours I have been working on this same first joint.
Hmmm... where has time gone?
With each day of curing, the product changes a little bit. Today I am noticing that the pot is starting to take on a taste... not sure what it is yet. The joint is hitting very strongly, and barely a puff produces a thick cloud of smoke that is beginning to hang together and act like it has a force within it. And, I am getting very stoned...very stoned indeed. This pot is getting noticeably better by the day.
:ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom