Emmie's Vegan Fertilizer, Pineapple Chunk 2020 Celebration: Experimental Soil Grow

Emilya hope your weekend was a good one. Sorry to hear the certain someone’s got to you. But just so you know you are an asset to the community and your help far outweighs the pedi stuff people say. We don’t all have to agree but at least there should be a certain level of respect and never talk bad about someone. Now I could see if you were giving totally bad info but from what I have seen you have done nothing but help the newcomers and seasoned growers alike. Sending you my warmest regards.
shotta:green_heart:

Happy President's Day to the USA. Thank you again everyone... I am feeling much better this morning and feeling very well loved. This weekend, trying to make me feel better, Ms. J. checked out the number of followers that I have on this board compared to any of these keyboard bullies, and she reported back to me with a very pleasant surprise... it turns out that according to those numbers, and numbers don't lie, I am the popular kid by a very large margin!
:woohoo:
A great big thank you to the 400 or so of you out there who follow me and my work on this forum!... that number means more to me than any monthly popularity contest ever could!

Have a great Presidents’ Day!

That picture’s almost a week ago, I’m due for an update today.

you know I’ve been thinking about the experiment I’m planning. Do you think there are any potential risks? I’m not sure what bad things could even happen. Intersex traits are usually expressed by interrupted night periods. Do you think longer day periods could stress them to that point?

:green_heart:
@Emilya you have helped me get to this point in my grow. By having read your threads from watering to your experiments with the plant we all have come to love, shows me what not to do. :) I still have a long way to go, but now at least I feel I have a chance at pulling this grow off without being a big failure. I don't have the years of experience that most have on here to fall back on as for what works and does not work. Your work has helped me get this.
20200214_081854.jpg

Reading, listening and learning everyday.....love this site and you @Emilya and the rest of the great people here.

Have a great Presidents’ Day!

That picture’s almost a week ago, I’m due for an update today.

you know I’ve been thinking about the experiment I’m planning. Do you think there are any potential risks? I’m not sure what bad things could even happen. Intersex traits are usually expressed by interrupted night periods. Do you think longer day periods could stress them to that point?
yes and yes. Although I would like to see this done, I would not risk doing it during an ongoing grow, where the plants have been trained to lighting as it is on planet Earth, because a profound change like this would have to stress them in some way, and maybe it would freak them out to the point of hermaphroditic behavior. No, to do this right, you have to transport them to that other planet from start to finish, and then we could get a better idea of what a longer day could do all through the cycle, and since they grew up with this weird planetary alignment and adapted to it from the beginning, there would be no added stress... as far as they knew their odd situation would be normal. Its a shame you don't know anyone that has a couple thousand seeds laying around where a few might be accidentally swept into care package... but then again it would be interesting to compare two clones, one grown that way and its twin down here on Earth. You do have me intrigued.

:green_heart:
@Emilya you have helped me get to this point in my grow. By having read your threads from watering to your experiments with the plant we all have come to love, shows me what not to do. :) I still have a long way to go, but now at least I feel I have a chance at pulling this grow off without being a big failure. I don't have the years of experience that most have on here to fall back on as for what works and does not work. Your work has helped me get this.
20200214_081854.jpg

Reading, listening and learning everyday.....love this site and you @Emilya and the rest of the great people here.
Thank you Zooie, that right there is why I do this. It is so lovely seeing your amazing garden and knowing that I was even in a small way a part of it. You have quickly become one of my favorites on here... thank you for being you! Keep doing what you are doing Sister! You are doin it well! :love:

I am in agreement, Katie White... they can call me whatever they like... I remain as beautiful as ever.
That's Not My Name
Four letter word just to get me along
It's a difficulty and I'm biting on my tongue
And I I keep stalling, keeping me together
People around gotta find something to say now
Holding back, everyday the same
Don't wanna be a loner
Listen to me, oh no I never say anything at all
But with nothing to consider they forget my name (ame, ame, ame)
They call me "Hell"
They call me "Stacey"
They call me "her"
They call me "Jane"
That's not my name
That's not my name
That's not my name
That's not my name
They call me "quiet girl"
But I'm a riot Mary, Jo, Lisa
Always the same
That's not my name
That's not my name
That's not my name
That's not my name

End of Bloom, Day 48, Predicted 7 Days Until Harvest
Everything remains beautiful in the tent, no problems to report at all. The buds are coming along quite nicely, but still the amber eludes us.
Today, some closeups, digitally mastered. Some of the lighting was off a bit as I played with my camera, but I did manage to get a few good shots. I am over the moon with excitement over the quality of this grow!
DSCF7979.jpg
DSCF7976.jpg
DSCF7974.jpg
DSCF7972.jpg
DSCF7971.jpg
DSCF7970.jpg
DSCF7966.jpg
DSCF7965.jpg
DSCF7962.jpg
DSCF7986.jpg

Oh they really do... I want to crawl in there with them, but this tent is too small. I used to sit in my 4x4 all the time with the plants... I miss that.
That sounds great, I just setup a new 4X4 tent to veg in. I cant wait for them to get bigger so I can do just that....lol :) The plants in my other grow are getting so big, trying to stick it out till the end of the month to put them in flower......;)

yes and yes. Although I would like to see this done, I would not risk doing it during an ongoing grow, where the plants have been trained to lighting as it is on planet Earth, because a profound change like this would have to stress them in some way, and maybe it would freak them out to the point of hermaphroditic behavior. No, to do this right, you have to transport them to that other planet from start to finish, and then we could get a better idea of what a longer day could do all through the cycle, and since they grew up with this weird planetary alignment and adapted to it from the beginning, there would be no added stress... as far as they knew their odd situation would be normal. Its a shame you don't know anyone that has a couple thousand seeds laying around where a few might be accidentally swept into care package... but then again it would be interesting to compare two clones, one grown that way and its twin down here on Earth. You do have me intrigued.
Okay so then what are we proposing here? A flower run where flower starts by dropping to 12/12, then add an hour of light back every week til I’m running 20/12, then continue that out til chop?

or maybe I could start flower like with 15/12? So that full 21/12 (as is recommended by the article) is achieved by week 6?

Okay so then what are we proposing here? A flower run where flower starts by dropping to 12/12, then add an hour of light back every week til I’m running 20/12, then continue that out til chop?

or maybe I could start flower like with 15/12? So that full 21/12 (as is recommended by the article) is achieved by week 6?
I saw a better write up of this once... let me ponder this a bit and get back to you. :hmmmm:

Alright, the first question I would like to ask the seeds or clones is that if presented with the situation that they now exist on planet Krypton, where the length of the day is 36 hours, how would they react to the normal day and night that is in the same proportion as ours? So lets figure out an equivalent to 18/6 for veg. 18/24=3/4... so 36x.75=27 , so our veg time would be 27/9. Then I would be very curious if the plant would respond by going into flower if we changed that lighting period to 18/18, to see if the plant would follow the response that we can predict on earth, to go into flower when the night exceeds 10 hours or so. It may be possible to shave night off some of this on Krypton, and actually flower with a 26/10 light period, or at least 24/12... it would be fascinating to see what happens.

Very interesting... alright, I think I’ve formulated a plan. Once I’ve cleared out a lot of the riff raff in the veg tent, I could set the light cycle in there to 27/9 with a clone of each girl I’m running now. See how they react then send them into 18/18.

Thousands of seeds I have, but getting them to others presents a challenge lol

In regards to your experiment, can’t help with other worldly day lengths, but you can extend your day light during flower with no ill effects. Outdoor and greenhouse growers do it all the time.

When using natural sunlight, wait until after June 21st, cover the plants with blackout fabric so they only get 12hrs light for 2 weeks. Then remove the covers and let them go. The 2 wks of 12/12 put them into flower and as long as the day time is under 15hrs, they will continue to flower.

I have also done this on an indoor grow, 2 wks 12/12 and then to 14/10 for the remainder of the grow with no problems.

This can also be done with light spectrums. Set your timer to 14 or 15 hrs of light, and shortly after lights out, give them a burst of 730nm light for a couple mins. Tricks the plant into thinking it received 12 hrs of darkness and flowering is initiated.

Daylight plants, like our favourite here, don’t care about how long the day is, but the length of the night. It has to do with a hormone in the plant that changes, like a trigger. It absorbs 680nm and below keeping it from flowering, but at night converts to a different form. When they receive 12hrs of darkness, this converted hormone is in greater abundance and initiates flowering.

If you want to delve deeper into the subject, do a google search for red/far red light and flowering.

RC

I have been thinking about this and how to put it on a 7 day 24 hour timer. In order to make it fit in a week timer we have to take the number of hours in a week, 168, and divide it evenly into 6, 5 , 4 or 3 days Krypton time.
Here are our options
Days in a week
Veg timing Day/Night
Bloom Equally Divided
Bloom Optimized D/N
6 days of 28 hours​
21/7​
14/14​
16/12​
5 days of 33.6 hours​
25.2/8.4​
16.8/16.8​
21.6/12​
4 days of 42 hours​
31.5/10.5​
21/21​
30/12​
3 days of 56 hours​
43/13​
28/28​
44/12​

It looks like the 4 or 5 day options may be the most workable. If you plug these values into a 7 day 24 hour timer, you will reset back to midnight at the end of the last day.

Back
Top Bottom