Emmie's Vegan Fertilizer, Pineapple Chunk 2020 Celebration: Experimental Soil Grow

but yes, I see the large numbers of clear trichome tops and the cloudy stems... maybe this is a trick of the lighting? Maybe in this strain, partially cloudy is ok?
I take these pics with the grow lights off and the scope LED turned down as low as I can get it to prevent from reflecting white in the trichomes. Definitely had a whole early harvest of mediocre weed because of that mistake. Are there cases where lighting makes the top look clear? I can't say for the strain as this is my first time growing Fat Purple and I can't find much info online about it. I found this strain on leafly based off of the effects before they changed their website up. I'm going to check them on Tuesday and see where we're at. I was also planning on giving them 36 hours of darkness before chopping them.

I take these pics with the grow lights off and the scope LED turned down as low as I can get it to prevent from reflecting white in the trichomes. Definitely had a whole early harvest of mediocre weed because of that mistake. Are there cases where lighting makes the top look clear? I can't say for the strain as this is my first time growing Fat Purple and I can't find much info online about it. I found this strain on leafly based off of the effects before they changed their website up. I'm going to check them on Tuesday and see where we're at. I was also planning on giving them 36 hours of darkness before chopping them.
I have found that eventually, they all go cloudy if I am patient enough, and this transition can happen very rapidly, like overnight, so you need to keep a very close eye on things. I like your plan... another watering and then making the decision Tuesday. Also keep in mind that the 36 hours of dark can dramatically improve things that are on the edge. Let's see what it looks like Tuesday, but I think you are on the right track.

I have found that eventually, they all go cloudy if I am patient enough, and this transition can happen very rapidly, like overnight, so you need to keep a very close eye on things. I like your plan... another watering and then making the decision Tuesday. Also keep in mind that the 36 hours of dark can dramatically improve things that are on the edge. Let's see what it looks like Tuesday, but I think you are on the right track.

Interesting...if i plan to harvest my auto soon, should i put it into darkness for 36 hours right before? Does this allow the plant to use its last bit of energy to bud a bit more?

Interesting...if i plan to harvest my auto soon, should i put it into darkness for 36 hours right before? Does this allow the plant to use its last bit of energy to bud a bit more?
I believe that it does... but as with all things regarding this plant, opinions vary.

DSCF8064.JPG

The harvest is all hung up, finally... a full 8 hours of work.

Piza, our shortest plant sitting on a box did alright for herself. She ended up with 679.7g of bud, or 5.4 oz dry.

This puts the total for this harvest at right around 5 lbs wet, or 2,295 grams, which will dry down to approximately 18.22 oz, not a bad return from 3x 5 gallon containers of soil in a 2x4 tent.

Now we wait for the cure. This is going to be a little tricky this time, as I am flying out of here at 8am on Saturday morning. Between now and then I need to get at least a 3 day dry in, and then I am going to settle them into a low and slow situation in the fridge while I am gone.
Seems I've been away for a while. Nice harvest Em. Glad to see my design will continue to help for grows to come.

I watered tonight with a .5 grm increase, we'll see how she responds. Cut another one this evening. She went 11+ ozs wet, so I'm happy with her since she was only 18-20" tall. I'm rethinking my pot size. I can get more under my lights with 3 gal. pots and feed MC. If I stayed organic then the 5-7 gal makes sense. But I have one in 3gal and it has out grown all my 5gal plants. More experimentation to come, with the overwatch of my cannabis Sherpa, lol. Here's a couple pics of the one i harvested tonight.

20200308_035837-1.jpg
20200308_040131.jpg
20200308_041122.jpg

Our Southern California adventure is now over and we just arrived back at home in Missouri.
:surf::surf:
The first thing I did was run to the fridge to check on the harvest. All is well! A good amount of moisture has left the buds but they are still sitting above 70%, and not moldy. Tonight I lay them out on racks for a while in the fridge and tomorrow we will see what the RH looks like when they are jarred back up. This is definitely a slow dry, and the test buds I am doing right now tell me that this is going to be epic!
:hippy:

@Emilya I chopped one of my Mazar's tonight. They showed the most reaction to the lockout, but also corrected themselves, and just showed scars and kept on budding better than the others as well? So the flush worked well on the sativa dominant plants. I got over 12oz wet , so I'm really happy.
20200311_031259-1.jpg
20200311_031434.jpg
20200311_041730.jpg

We are pretty sure that Ms. J and I have contracted the Corona virus. It was highly likely that we would come in contact flying out of LAX Sunday past... and this morning both of us have what appears to be a minor flu. If this is all it is going to do, I am not worried... but now we are both forced to self quarantine and are going to seek a test today.

Meanwhile, the low and slow dry is going well, and we are still working on creeping the RH down below 70. Since coming out of the jars during vacation the buds have dried a little more on the racks inside the fridge, and the 4 hour room temperature session did its job to bring it down a bit more. Tomorrow we will be due for another room temp as the jar to room temp test yesterday showed we were at 77.

It is a great trick to have added to my toolkit to know that I am able to throw them in jars with cheesecloth lids in the fridge after just a partial drying, for a week or longer, without ruining the product or the process. Even after being forced to take our eyes off of the project for 10 days, all is well.

Oh no Emilya I hope you and Miss Jay recover quickly without any complications from the virus. Is somebody coming to your home to test you?
Thanks guys... going to call the doc in a few minutes and see how they want us to handle this. We certainly are not going to just show up in a busy clinic waiting room.

Hey @Emilya ,

Welcome back! I like your break down on tracking harvest yield.

There's still lots to learn with MC by the sounds of it. Right now I am running MC with Fox Farm bloom nutes - and you just reminded me I need to crunch some comparison numbers with MC & BE as well.

Please ping me when you start your next grow!

Funny you should mention the next grow...
Today a special package arrived from Germany... from my old friend @santero, the well known, "not a breeder." lol

This is going to be a special one my friends and it looks to be an F3... San can you confirm?
He is calling it "Berry Nice Plants" and it is a cross of Cerise, which is called SM or Santa Maria, which is the "cerise d'exo planck" clone, only from France. The "cerise d'exo planck" is produced through Somatic Breeding.
The somatic crossing is a cross between two non-sexual cells. One starts by taking a few cells of each variety, taking a piece of leaf and performing an extraction of protoplasm. A crossing is then made by means of an electric shock which will then weld the cells. Here I have only selected cells that have fused their cytoplasm but not their nucleus, to harvest the chloroplasts and mitochondria of one variety with nuclear genome on the other. Chloroplast and mitochondria being responsible for colors, odors and partly resistance. Subsequently, I realize a micropropagation to regenerate a plant.
This is crossed with a Cerise/Chocolate Rain, and the Choco Rain looks to be a special breeding of Cocoa Kush and Chocolope that exihibits strong raspberry flavors. Here are some notes from San:
aromas in CR come from chocolope and cocoa kush

mixed, but the rhaspberry from the chocolope does

dominate the CR-line, imo

Back
Top Bottom