Emmie's Vegan Fertilizer, Pineapple Chunk 2020 Celebration: Experimental Soil Grow

Glad your fridge bud was ok but so sorry to hear you think you might have the virus. I hope it all works out ok for you and yours; best wishes.

I was reading about the Santa Maria strain and it is pretty unique; looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

We have not been feeling well the last couple of days... hopefully better tomorrow. We are doing all we can to not let it spread from here. Dad has been forbidden from the house.

Yes, I am greatly looking forward to running this new strain as well as my Durban Poison, and maybe some other connoisseur line too. I am thinking that when I start up again I will be interested in running a full time perpetual 6 plant bloom, moving 2-3 varieties through there all the time of various length bloom times, while shooting for an average of one harvest per month.

A girl can dream anyway...

Meanwhile... still not in the cure range on these buds yet... talk about a slow dry! Maybe tomorrow we can get them down into the 60's

Tag me the moment you start a perpetual journal. I just wandered into that rabbit hole myself.

in the jar in the fridge is the slowest and lowest possible way. I put fresh buds off a plant into the jar. It took 4 weeks to be smokeable.

layed out on sheet trays and “room temp burped” every 4 days you can get em into the 60s in ~14 days

im happy that you were able to inadvertently try this method.

I'm looking forward to the new grow! Sounds like some fun strains. I'm lining mine up right now. Still have most my girls in the curing process.
Hope y'all are feeling OK, based on the media's intentional overreaction to this , we all should be dead already. But those of us that actually did some research found that a healthy person will feel some malaise and mild flu like symptoms and be just fine. But those facts won't help sway an election....hope you're doing ok. I'm sooo looking forward to your next MC grow. I'll be kicking off about the same time. I have a big tub of soil "cooking" just waiting to go again!

Ms. J is already up and bustling about the place, telling me it was nothing. I of course need more pampering than that and to meet my many needs, on my breakfast tray was an Emster's sized, neatly manicured pile of my latest harvest for me to attempt to cure myself with. My lady knows me well. That, a good Yorkshire tea, a toasted English muffin with homemade marmalade preserved with Drambuie on the top and I should be well on the mend.
With my friends on my laptop to keep me company, I am also happy. :party:
Have a great day everybody! :ciao:

Ms. J is already up and bustling about the place, telling me it was nothing. I of course need more pampering than that and to meet my many needs, on my breakfast tray was an Emster's sized, neatly manicured pile of my latest harvest for me to attempt to cure myself with. My lady knows me well. That, a good Yorkshire tea, a toasted English muffin with homemade marmalade preserved with Drambuie on the top and I should be well on the mend.
Kids just got the next month off school, jeez, so I took the day off, heck with it. Right here with ya, probably won’t do much more than this. Glad you two are feeling better.

My stomach was talking to me, then you mentioned Drambuie! Yes! You Maham have good taste!

Glad to hear it wasn't so serious; what a capital breakfast!

Just a warning that buds in bags in the fridge take forever but then seem to speed up when getting close. My buds were in bags in the fridge for 2 weeks and 4 days and I checked them for humidity the last four days and it went from 88% to 78% to 73% to 67% and I usually take them out around 70%. So it is easy to miss the window.

My 13oz of Northern Lights from Sensi I took out of the fridge today now in Tupperware for a few months of curing.
uyjrtg.jpg

Sweet NL buds Homer! What are you doing to keep them from drying too much in the tupperware over time?
Thank you, stoneotter. I assume you know this but just to be clear I do put the lids on my Tupperware so drying out too much isn’t really a problem in the short term.

This is only the second time I have used the fridge method but once my buds are around 70% I take them out of the bags in the fridge and then put them in the Tupperware with a hygrometer at room temp. I air them out every day till I get them down to about 65% then I start to let them go every other day and then every few day until I get to 60% then I pack them so I get 4 to 5 ounces in a big mason jar and put them in the freezer for long term storage.

This is only my second fridge batch so I am still working out my method but I have found if I don’t air my bud out pretty frequently that it gets kind of a dusty smell like something that has been stored in a basement too long but if I air them out too often they dry out faster than I want them to so it is a balancing act.

I have read that bud continues to cure and become smoother to smoke for up to six months but I find airing out my bud to avoid it getting musty smelling I get to 60% in two to three months. Some people apparently don’t air out their bud for up to weeks but I have been afraid to let mine go that long. So I am still kind of working things out but with a 2 to 3 month cure it seems to work out pretty good because when I give it away free I haven’t had any complaints, lol. I don’t smoke it but just make infused olive oil.

Thank you, stoneotter. I assume you know this but just to be clear I do put the lids on my Tupperware so drying out too much isn’t really a problem in the short term.

This is only the second time I have used the fridge method but once my buds are around 70% I take them out of the bags in the fridge and then put them in the Tupperware with a hygrometer at room temp. I air them out every day till I get them down to about 65% then I start to let them go every other day and then every few day until I get to 60% then I pack them so I get 4 to 5 ounces in a big mason jar and put them in the freezer for long term storage.

This is only my second fridge batch so I am still working out my method but I have found if I don’t air my bud out pretty frequently that it gets kind of a dusty smell like something that has been stored in a basement too long but if I air them out too often they dry out faster than I want them to so it is a balancing act.

I have read that bud continues to cure and become smoother to smoke for up to six months but I find airing out my bud to avoid it getting musty smelling I get to 60% in two to three months. Some people apparently don’t air out their bud for up to weeks but I have been afraid to let mine go that long. So I am still kind of working things out but with a 2 to 3 month cure it seems to work out pretty good because when I give it away free I haven’t had any complaints, lol. I don’t smoke it but just make infused olive oil.

I put mine in a glass jar with a airtight seal and a boveda pack. I think glass jars keeps humidity pretty consistent. I've never tried tupperware though

I put mine in a glass jar with a airtight seal and a boveda pack. I think glass jars keeps humidity pretty consistent. I've never tried tupperware though
I started with mason jars for the whole curing process but they don't hold that much and I found the bottleneck on the jars to be a literal bottleneck, lol.

I started with mason jars for the whole curing process but they don't hold that much and I found the bottleneck on the jars to be a literal bottleneck, lol.

My harvest havent been heavy so it works pretty good for me I think they are 2 litre jars but yes getting down there is nearly impossible.

Sounds like you have a good system. They are going to be fantastic!

Just a quick update to let everyone know that I am still alive. I am now officially a recovered victim of COVID-19, and don't let anyone tell you that it must be mild if you are young. I am 41 and this thing almost turned into pneumonia on me... I was unable to sleep laying down for the last several nights... the coughing was horrible and I am worn out.

Ms. J. has been keeping up with the drying of the buds and for the last 2 days with lids halfway on the mason jars, she was able to keep the RH in the cure zone.... and the buds have been compressing, getting crunchy and changing in color. Still when we seal the jars, the RH climbs up to the upper 60's...
Today I will suggest that she sets the entire mess out on a cookie sheet for a couple of hours to see what happens... it is almost where it needs to be.

Back
Top Bottom