Emmie's Vegan Fertilizer, Pineapple Chunk 2020 Celebration: Experimental Soil Grow

Just a quick update to let everyone know that I am still alive. I am now officially a recovered victim of COVID-19, and don't let anyone tell you that it must be mild if you are young. I am 41 and this thing almost turned into pneumonia on me... I was unable to sleep laying down for the last several nights... the coughing was horrible and I am worn out.

Ms. J. has been keeping up with the drying of the buds and for the last 2 days with lids halfway on the mason jars, she was able to keep the RH in the cure zone.... and the buds have been compressing, getting crunchy and changing in color. Still when we seal the jars, the RH climbs up to the upper 60's...
Today I will suggest that she sets the entire mess out on a cookie sheet for a couple of hours to see what happens... it is almost where it needs to be.
Glad your feeling better!
I'm doing the jar dance right now myself. Since they were all harvested at diff times it makes it fun. I still have 2 to go the Zamal is huge! I was planted 2 weeks behind the rest so she's on schedule with more Amber showing daily.

Crazy Emilya. I’m glad you’re feeling better. Laying things out for an hour or two air off a lot of that moisture you’ve been bringing out. I bet they’ll be ready to sit at room temp after that

So you actually tested positive for covid?
Yep... lucky me. I was the second confirmed case in MO. Ms. J. came down with something for a couple of days along with me, but she tested negative. Even though, we have both been quarantined for 2 weeks from the date of exposure.

Crazy Emilya. I’m glad you’re feeling better. Laying things out for an hour or two air off a lot of that moisture you’ve been bringing out. I bet they’ll be ready to sit at room temp after that
I figured out what the major problem was... without me to guide the process they forgot to dry trim all the wet leaves that had folded over the buds to hold in moisture... so of course it was taking forever to get them down into the curing range. Now all the buds have been given a once over and quite a bit of green decomposing leaf was pulled away where it was possible. Now the drying is going much better and as of today we have them down to 66 or 67 after the overnight rise and some curing has been happening. The buds are compacting, getting more crunchy and the harshness is starting to diminish.

glad you're back ..

every day they are announcing new restrictions here... unsure whether i'm going to be ordered off work or not ...
stay healthy and safe. be sure to appreciate your loved ones.. :green_heart:

Hi Emilya,

Sorry to hear about your recent brush with covid-19 glad your starting to feel better.

On another note thank you for your excellent journals, they are presented and articulated in such a fashion it makes it very easy to learn and understand what your doing with the limited knowledge that I have.

I'm very much looking forward to what you do next. :Namaste: :thanks:

Hi Emilya,

Sorry to hear about your recent brush with covid-19 glad your starting to feel better.

On another note thank you for your excellent journals, they are presented and articulated in such a fashion it makes it very easy to learn and understand what your doing with the limited knowledge that I have.

I'm very much looking forward to what you do next. :Namaste: :thanks:
Thank you very much Lapidavitque! I have torn down my grow rooms in preparation for a move to a better house. We are pre-qualified and looking... it is just a matter of time before we find what we want, and then as soon as the power comes on we will be starting the legal grow op.
My plan right now is to have a perpetual 7 plant bloom tent going, documented with a year long continuous journal highlighting those projects which will include different grow mediums and methods. I will also do a few side journals on the unique and interesting varieties that I move through there over the next several years, showing the entire grow/harvest cycle for those specific plants. Since I will soon have a medical dispensary within 5 miles of me, I will no longer be growing or journal-ling anything not to be considered connoisseur pot as I will be able to buy reasonably well grown commercial grade weed any time I want to, without the hassle and expense of growing it myself.

Been Following your journal for a while. Always been a little leery of joining a pot website but the right mix of JD Honey and some top shelf cannabis lowered my defenses a few days ago. Now i'm committed...commitment scares me, or maybe just the fear of being committed....Who knows?

I'm a MO resident to...blows me away you were the 2nd confirmed case of Covid-19...been watching the news everyday and hear about the confirmed cases. Always wondered where these people are. Anyways, glad you are doing well.

Happy growing!

Yep... lucky me. I was the second confirmed case in MO. Ms. J. came down with something for a couple of days along with me, but she tested negative. Even though, we have both been quarantined for 2 weeks from the date of exposure.
Yeah really, go buy some lotto tickets. My daughters fever is going down so she never got to a point where they’d test her. Who knows, nobody else in the house is sick.

Been Following your journal for a while. Always been a little leery of joining a pot website but the right mix of JD Honey and some top shelf cannabis lowered my defenses a few days ago. Now i'm committed...commitment scares me, or maybe just the fear of being committed....Who knows?

I'm a MO resident to...blows me away you were the 2nd confirmed case of Covid-19...been watching the news everyday and hear about the confirmed cases. Always wondered where these people are. Anyways, glad you are doing well.

Happy growing!
Greetings Neighbor! Welcome to the forum! :welcome:
I have been here 10 years, doing grow journals all along. You are fairly safe in this online community and Missouri has no way to figure out who you are if you are careful enough not to leave clues. Just don't publish a picture with location data, faces or fingerprints and you should be fine.
I bet you recognize the hat I am wearing out in the back yard this morning while dodging raindrops
IMG_20200319_103740.jpg

Yeah really, go buy some lotto tickets. My daughters fever is going down so she never got to a point where they’d test her. Who knows, nobody else in the house is sick.
Glad your daughter is doing ok! The kids seem to be sloughing it off quite easily. The doc says congratulations, now that I know I am susceptible to pneumonia it is much more dangerous for me to ever get the flu again, and he wants me to get the shot every year from now on.
This thing is funny... some people are getting it and some are not, but everyone who comes in contact is a carrier.

Back
Top Bottom