Emmie's Vegan Fertilizer, Pineapple Chunk 2020 Celebration: Experimental Soil Grow

Glad your daughter is doing ok! The kids seem to be sloughing it off quite easily. The doc says congratulations, now that I know I am susceptible to pneumonia it is much more dangerous for me to ever get the flu again, and he wants me to get the shot every year from now on.
This thing is funny... some people are getting it and some are not, but everyone who comes in contact is a carrier.
Which makes it spread even easier.

Glad your daughter is doing ok! The kids seem to be sloughing it off quite easily. The doc says congratulations, now that I know I am susceptible to pneumonia it is much more dangerous for me to ever get the flu again, and he wants me to get the shot every year from now on.
This thing is funny... some people are getting it and some are not, but everyone who comes in contact is a carrier.

mentioned this in conradino's thread....

this is a permanent virus. it will be with us forever. it's genetic imprint will never leave the world, and we will all carry it eventually.

there were 4 permanent corona viruses in existence previous. they are responsible for the common cold. there are now 5.

the virus is "defeated" when everyone on the planet has been exposed or vaccined out. exposed does not have to mean sick. all it means is the person develops the antibodies needed to fight the infection off through minimal or mild exposure. that is what is going on with people who "carry" but never get sick themselves.

the virus itself is now going to be part of our genetic make up forever.. thanks china.

Greetings Neighbor! Welcome to the forum! :welcome:
I have been here 10 years, doing grow journals all along. You are fairly safe in this online community and Missouri has no way to figure out who you are if you are careful enough not to leave clues. Just don't publish a picture with location data, faces or fingerprints and you should be fine.
I bet you recognize the hat I am wearing out in the back yard this morning while dodging raindrops
IMG_20200319_103740.jpg

Ya know, I never got to work that event...I retired from the caddie life in the 90's. It was five glorious years of my life in my early 20's with not a care in the world. I still don't care a whole lot....

It might be a while before I pop my grow journal cherry as i'm an overly cautious individual but appreciate your words of encouragement.

Now stay home for two weeks and smoke a lot of weed to help keep me safe!

Ya know, I never got to work that event...I retired from the caddie life in the 90's. It was five glorious years of my life in my early 20's with not a care in the world. I still don't care a whole lot....

It might be a while before I pop my grow journal cherry as i'm an overly cautious individual but appreciate your words of encouragement.

Now stay home for two weeks and smoke a lot of weed to help keep me safe!
My mum is a semi-pro and attends many of the PGA events, and of course I try to attend as many as I can to support her. I have a hat collection from the US Open events and some of the upscale clubs I have attended over the years. I am an abysmal player though, so I just watch.

You do know you can get your medical card and grow legally in Missouri? If you are a senior, disabled or a veteran you can get the Medical side very cheaply, and then the Missouri card will cost you $25 per year plus $100 to grow your own. With all this going on, no one is going to care about a small unlicensed grow op that doesn't sell to the public. You are much more safe today, even without the proper license than any of us have been up until now... it is time to grow your own weed, and us all being overly curious and voyeuristic, would love to see a journal with pictures of your garden as we get to know you.

Glad to see you are up and around Emilya. I appreciate you sharing your story about your virus experience. Colds seem to go right to my lungs and I am 60 so I appreciate the warning. I am basically self-isolating as much as I can till they get a vaccine or things are under control but I think I have a very long self-imposed exile either way.

I didn't want to bother you while you were convalescing but I have been applying your methodologies using your theory that excessive MC causes a lot of lockout. I was being pretty conservative keeping my MC to 5.5 g per gallon in the first couple weeks of flower but then I started adding .5 g per gallon of BE and SW which I know is too early according to your experience.

I got a few yellowing lower leaves with some dark blotches and heeding your advice that it is probably lockout in my subsequent watering I cut out the BE and SW but I did raise the MC to 6 g per gallon and miraculously three days later no more bad lower leaves.

It's still early in the game but so far using your methods of keeping MC within the manufacturer's guidelines and keeping additives very moderate later in flowering my plants are looking really nice. This is what my leaves looked like when I think I had lock out. This is always what I get near the end of flower with my lower leaves but I seem to be doing better this time.

In the past I have felt like a drunk trying to thread a needle with my MC application because I was swinging wildly in dosage never hitting the sweet spot; who knew following the directions was the answer? :oops:

In a few waterings, I am going to introduce .25g/gal BE and SC.

11.jpg

7.jpg

Glad to see you are up and around Emilya. I appreciate you sharing your story about your virus experience. Colds seem to go right to my lungs and I am 60 so I appreciate the warning. I am basically self-isolating as much as I can till they get a vaccine or things are under control but I think I have a very long self-imposed exile either way.

I didn't want to bother you while you were convalescing but I have been applying your methodologies using your theory that excessive MC causes a lot of lockout. I was being pretty conservative keeping my MC to 5.5 g per gallon in the first couple weeks of flower but then I started adding .5 g per gallon of BE and SW which I know is too early according to your experience.

I got a few yellowing lower leaves with some dark blotches and heeding your advice that it is probably lockout in my subsequent watering I cut out the BE and SW but I did raise the MC to 6 g per gallon and miraculously three days later no more bad lower leaves.

It's still early in the game but so far using your methods of keeping MC within the manufacturer's guidelines and keeping additives very moderate later in flowering my plants are looking really nice. This is what my leaves looked like when I think I had lock out. This is always what I get near the end of flower with my lower leaves but I seem to be doing better this time.

In the past I have felt like a drunk trying to thread a needle with my MC application because I was swinging wildly in dosage never hitting the sweet spot; who knew following the directions was the answer? :oops:

In a few waterings, I am going to introduce .25g/gal BE and SC.

11.jpg

7.jpg
You are doing very well Homer, and thank you for the validation. It looks like you have that stuff pretty well figured out now and can recognize the markers. Like you said, its no harder than following the directions. I am very happy to see such a healthy garden and another successful gardener able to read the plants well enough to use the supplements successfully!

You do know you can get your medical card and grow legally in Missouri? If you are a senior, disabled or a veteran you can get the Medical side very cheaply, and then the Missouri card will cost you $25 per year plus $100 to grow your own. With all this going on, no one is going to care about a small unlicensed grow op that doesn't sell to the public. You are much more safe today, even without the proper license than any of us have been up until now... it is time to grow your own weed, and us all being overly curious and voyeuristic, would love to see a journal with pictures of your garden as we get to know you.
Cool about your mom..Not sure what semi pro means but I assume she's got some game. Wish my wife played more. We would clean up on all the cat and dog tournaments in our area.

Yes, I was one of the folks that voted for Medical use "with home grows" Funny there were three "medical" options on the ballot and MO voted for the correct one. Didn't realize stoners were so informed.

Trying to get a card has crossed my mind but if I walked into my doctor's office and brought it up he would laugh in my face and probably give me a good scolding. Guess my question is, how do you go about getting one? What doctors in MO are cannabis friendly? What do you say to get one? Uh, i'm healthy, and could run a half marathon tomorrow with no problems.

Another big deterrent is the whole firearm thing. Not sure how you feel about guns, but I was raised on a farm. Guns have always been part of my life for hunting and recreational shooting. There is no way I would do anything to put my 2nd amendment right at risk. I know there is a lot of debate over this subject whether its fact or fiction, but this alone keeps me in the shadows. Just like 99.9 percent of all guns owners in the US, I would never use a firearm to harm anyone with the exception of defending myself or loved ones.

I would truly enjoy creating a journal and sharing my grows with everyone, but there is that little voice in the back of my head saying "don't do it" Should probably get that checked out....

At this point waiting to see if full recreational passes this November is my best option. Last I heard they are still collecting signatures and i'm pretty stoked about it. Take care - Caddie

I found after talking to my mum that I transposed a tennis term in with golf. She is not a semi-pro, she is an assistant trainer, is paid for what she does by her clients and is a big deal in the clubhouse. I got the lecture on how pro's play for money, the rest of us pay to play. :) She gets paid for passing her skills on to others, mostly wealthy older ladies.

As far as the medical card goes, yes, a regular doctor will laugh and scold you, with very few exceptions. Typically you will meet with this cannabis "doctor" online and an official looking person in a white coat will appear on your screen and will ask you two questions related to your chronic condition and you will learn that with your cash payment, you will have been "qualified." Your family GP does not need to be involved. Once you get that "prescription" then you can apply for your official Missouri card or cards with the Department of Health.
The 2a thing is still up in the air and being challenged in at least 3 court cases around the nation, with standing. I own several firearms and I am not giving them up. According to my Sheriff, unless they are called to my house on other matters where my guns are involved, no one is ever going to question me or try to take away my guns or my CCW because I grow pot.
What is happening is the ATF form that you have to fill out when purchasing a new firearm is going to force you to lie. There is a checkbox that asks if you are taking drugs, and cannabis does apply. If you check the box, you will be turned down. You have two choices if a medical patient, make a mistake while filling out that form by not checking that box, or don't purchase any new guns until this works its way through the courts. Also, in keeping with CCW rules, don't carry your weapon when intoxicated or can be proven to be so.
As far as full recreational goes... I am not sure that Missouri is going to be ready for that, heck, its now in its second year and we still don't know what medical looks like in this state. I am glad they are starting to make the noise now, but I see little chance of it passing (especially with Parsons in charge) until we are at least a year into the full use and distribution of medical cannabis in this state. Missourians are going to want to see the revenue and what happens on the highways and with crime and other drug use rates before they go all out on this, IMHO.

I got curious after discussing my wet weight to dry weight formula on another thread this morning. My concern is that this crop has now compressed down into 2x 1800L ml jars, which I believed to typically hold 5 oz of dried bud. Since I had earlier been predicting the dry weight of this batch to be near 18oz, this didn't make sense, other than that my formula was not at all accurate in some cases.

So still being a bit high of the curing range with the RH ranging from 64-68, I decided to pull it out of the jars, lay it out on a board, and weigh it. Surprise, surprise... these are indeed some heavy buds.

The total mess weighed in at 493.7g, or 17.42 oz. (almost dry)

So, my assumption that I was only looking at less than 10 oz here this morning was incorrect. I would still consider the formula to be a close enough estimate for government work and it will still work in my garden.
IMG_20200321_132914.jpg

I was a fair bit off using your formula. I think, though, that this is due to the fact that I left a good 4-5 inches of branch on each cola for trimming purposes. I should’ve probably done .8w/4=d instead of .9

what do you think of your slow dried product? I’m not sure if you’ve given it a taste, but how does it smell?

I was a fair bit off using your formula. I think, though, that this is due to the fact that I left a good 4-5 inches of branch on each cola for trimming purposes. I should’ve probably done .8w/4=d instead of .9

what do you think of your slow dried product? I’m not sure if you’ve given it a taste, but how does it smell?
I like how you have correctly simplified my equation by the way, just harder to explain it to the non mathematically inclined that way, but yeah, the initial weight of that stickage is significant and has to be factored in. My 10% adjustment was made after following a long ago published rule of just dividing your wet by 4 and after seeing my consistent results in my garden that indicated the correction needed to be made, I just guessed at 10%. Again, its all about style and how we each as individuals do these things that math somehow has to try to capture, and all we can do is to keep trying to refine our models until they approach real world values.

The product up until a day or so ago was very harsh, almost too harsh to bong and still no significant tastes that would make one want to write home about. That snap crackle pop and production of a classic thick flavorful smoke is still not there yet, as the buds still need some significant curing time, locked within the magic range. I am almost there, and with the lids open right now we are playing at the 63-66 range as the cores keep dumping out moisture. I need lid closed and stable at 64-65 for several days and I think the flavours will start popping out, but right now it is still unremarkable and amateurish in taste. There is some good head to it already, and my bowl in front of me right now is no longer making me gag, making me wonder why a sick person is smoking it... it is definitely starting to smooth out. I think a few more days and I will be able to give you a much more positive answer to this question and 2 weeks from now my report should verge on the point of being giddy... we shall see. This has got to be the longest and slowest dry and start of cure that I have ever done, and its not all because of the start of this process in the fridge while I was gone... it is because I have never before been able to grow so many stupidly dense and hard buds at one time and I just didn't have the experience to know how aggressively I could dry them. I blame the COB lights, Vulx and Vegan fertilizer for this sticky and enjoyable predicament.

I’m extremely mathematically inclined. It’s the only way things make sense to me. I figured that simplification the moment I read the way you calculate dry weight. I’m happy with your formula because it got me in the ball park for sure.

I know exactly how you feel. I’ve acquired these 2 qt huge jars that should hold around a quarter lb per jar. The star pupil barely comes up to half way in the jar, but it’s sitting at 65%rH and it’s weighing in at 110g; Little purple rocks.

Since I didn’t hang dry then go into the fridge like you did, I’ve been checking rH at room temp overnight to sweat the buds. Then back in the fridge on a sheet tray over night. It really helps the buds go from 75-85 to 65-70. I find it to be a nice gentle way to pull all the core moisture out. Food for thought on your next harvest.

speaking of which, my NL is sitting at 65% sealed and room temp right now. So I’m gonna go ahead and give her a prop taste.

Yup, this NL is some dank ass weed. She’s already nice and smooth. Strong effects too, wow. I’m expecting a sharp come down though, as uncured weed is notorious for.

Free at last... Free at last! I am officially out of quarantine as of tomorrow morning... and work is closed down due to a stay in place order. What a crazy and mixed up world it all became while I was in bed resting! Please make things all go back to normal.

I think I finally achieved the curing stage with the jars open most of the day again... We have been sitting stable at 65 for several hours now all closed up. I will check it again in the morning. May the curing finally commence!
:yummy:

Back
Top Bottom