Emperor of Hemp: Jack Herer Fighting For His Life After Heart Attack at Hempstalk!

Founder
Noted activist and author Jack Herer, "The Emperor of Hemp," is fighting for his life after giving an impassioned speech at the Portland (OR) HempStalk festival Saturday, Sept 12. Herer left the stage and collapsed with an apparently serious heart attack, according to fellow activist Chris Conrad, who was one the scene.

"He was taken from the site by ambulance and hospitalized and was undergoing a procedure and his condition was most recently reported to be stable," Conrad said. "His wife, Jeannie, was not with him at the time and has been in touch with the hospital by telephone." According to Conrad, the rest of the Hempstalk festival continued as scheduled.

"Ironically, I was on stage talking about my work with Jack and his special affection for Oregon and its activists while, unbeknownst to me, medical personnel were working backstage to save his life," Conrad said.

Jack was in critical condition when he was admitted to the hospital with his son at his side. Soon after that, they were told that he was the victim of a heart attack, a result of arterial blockage. Jack was was undergoing angioplasty surgery late Saturday.

herer_doc_350.jpg

Dr. Phil Leveque and Jack Herer at Hempstalk,
September 12, 2009
Salem-News.com Photo by Tim King​

YouTube - Jack Herer

Source: Reality Catcher: 'Emperor of Hemp' Jack Herer Fighting For His Life After Heart Attack At Hempstalk

Re: Emperor of Hemp - Jack Herer Fighting For His Life After Heart Attack at Hempstal

I just received news that Jack Herer's vitals are getting stronger and that the outlook is very positive! He is still not awake, but his wife Jeannie and the doctors say he is out of danger. Thank you all for your positive energy, prayers, love and thoughts!
'Emperor of Hemp' Jack Herer Fighting For His Life After Heart Attack at Hempstalk

Re: Emperor of Hemp - Jack Herer Fighting For His Life After Heart Attack at Hempstal

That's great to hear, thank you for the quick updates.

right on jack i hope hes gettin better and keeps it stable

HI guys

Jack Herer at Hempstalk, September 12, 2009 author Jack Herer, had a heart attack Saturday, after a fiery speech at the Portland Hempstalk "Emperor of Hemp" Jack Herer Improving, Moved Out of ICU His heart is doing well for now so they think he will be ok soon.

Thanks

no news or updates in three weeks....no news is good news? hope Jack is better...

I continue to watch for any reliable updates. I know from personal experience with family that when something like this happens and the patient goes to rehab (also known as nursing homes) it can be a very long and difficult process. All I can say is for us all to keep those positive thoughts going out to Jack. When we get news of Jacks condition we will quickly let you know.

Back
Top Bottom