Empy's - Indoor - LED - Cheap Grow

Empolon

Hey folks! I got some seeds from a friend and a room in the cellar to build a growbox in so i decided to start an indoorgrow besides my planned outdoorgrow. The box will NOT be a hightech killertent but rather a low level wooden box with maybe 2 computerfans for air intake and exhaust. I do not have issues to keep it secret so i won't have to use ducting fans and an expensive carbon filter. The box will be made by some wooden boards formerly used to build a kitchen closet (50x70x150 cm or so).

The seeds are Afghan Kush and some sort of Egyptian landrace my friend brought with him from a journey.

The lighting will be a powerful LED growlight with like 100w real consumption, it should do its thing. I have not decided yet wether to buy a new light or a used one.

Due to the fact that it's my first grow, i am just going to do some LST and topping, i don't think i will build a SCRoG but maybe i build my box a little bigger and try a SOG with the Kush plants.

However the grow medium is going to be soil and compost and stuff. In this way nutrients will just be needed in the flowering stage. If the plant shows some signs of deficiency, i will give them some biological fertilizer too but very low-dosed because weed is a weed and i think it's not necessary to make it a science.

I AM NOT AN INDUSTRIAL GROWER! EVERY SINGLE GRAM IS GONNA BE USED BY ME AND MY FAMILY BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO BUY IT B SCUMBAGGY DEALERS! So i don't really need to maximize my yield weight and use tons of ferts.

That's it for the moment, don't be shy to ask some questions, give tips or give a little feedback to me.

Bye, Empolon

Any pictures of your new box you can put up? Im looking at building one for two plants but not sure on intake fan and outtake fan that ill need. Thanks joner

Any pictures of your new box you can put up? Im looking at building one for two plants but not sure on intake fan and outtake fan that ill need. Thanks joner

I have not built the box yet. But i have an exact plan on how i am going to do this. I need 6 boards of wood, one covering each side. I am going to drill holes for electricity in the top board or in the upper regions of my left/right/backside boards. The board on the right side is going to get a hole big enough for a computerfan 4-5 cm (~2') above the ground for (cool and CO2-rich) air intake and the left board is going to get one to exhaus the (hot and O2 rich) air (about 4-5cm or 2 inches below the top end of the box). The computer fans can easily be run with a cellphone loading cable. There should be instructions on youtube. Them simply screw the boards together and apply the fans with screws !IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION! And hang the LED light into the box (some LEDs come with a hanging set, if not you can build one by yourself). I will apply a powerstrip on top of my box. On the inside, my box will be painted white to maximize the light output of my lamps in a low-effort way.

Keep in mind: weed is a weed and does not need high industrial standarts to grow. Give it light, water and a bit of good soil and your plant will be happy. :)

Peace out

Heyho friends of the shining green, i got some news for you! Today I ordered a 400w LED growlight from SunSpect on eBay (Real consumption: 202+-6w). Should be there by friday. At the time i can build my box (or find a fitting closet somewhere). I got my first computerfan, a friend gave it to me, maybe he got a second one to give away. :) that's it,

Happy growing and stay green

Empolon

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom