environment setup improvements few questions

SuperSize

few things I need for my tent to have it setup and prepare for all year round weather changes and control

new 150mm x 600mm Carbon Filter ( current filter is out and airflow is lower than the fan)

6" cooltube with aero 8 reflector (current cooltube is 5" but everything else is 6", tiny reflectors barely covering 1m/q with a 600w hps)

Silencer for exhaust ducting ( is it worth getting?)

mini air-con for the summer

de-humidifier ( bought today)

any suggestions as to what type of air-con best for a 2m x2m x2m tent?

the de-humidifier I got today has a 5liter res, should be enough but also has drain output if needed, has adjustment between 30% to 80%, can run lower than 30% if need be but no need, I'm thinking of setting it to 45% veg 35% flower, the lights and display are green in color, not sure if I need to cover them up since they are green but I cover them anyway, anyone has think its necessaries?

those are what I'm missing to keep temps and humid in complete control at the moment I think. in the winter for heating I am thinking just use a fan heater on timer sitting pointing at the intake pipe from the outside, in the winter my intake is taken down from outside vent to use inside air to keep temp up, if I use outside air the temp can drop as low as 68F light on, but still need heater to keep temp up at 75F to 78F without using outside air.

any suggestion appreciated

DSC_03423.JPG

DSC_03436.JPG

I would keep the humidity a bit higher than you mentioned. 60-70% is fine for veg. They don't like it too dry. When you start getting bigger flowers, drop RH to around 50%. Temps at 75-80 F in Day and dropping to 70-75 at night. For heating, get a small space heater, set it on low and plug it into a thermostat with a timer. You can set the temps to change to match your lighting cycle. Keep an eye on how much load you are putting on one circuit. Don't want to be flipping breakers. (or worse!) Gotta little circulation fan in there somewhere to keep air moving around?

Cool tubes are pretty small & if you shop around you can find large/giant air cooled hoods/reflectors for a better light foot print.

RH is normally a tricky one... some of us have AC others don't, some use passive intake when others use active intake from the out side this may effect RH ?

Source of intake air will have a RH value during the day/night & weather conditions, just look at any good online weather station which shows RH in their prediction/chart !

It is even down to parts of world we live in some are lower RH than others aka damp areas/regions of the world !

Also seasonal variations of RH due to weather effect things !

MY own story...

Last year i didn't have problem with RH or grow problems but this year bud rot happened on a few grows mainly down to wetter weather increasing RH.

I don't have AC & rely on passive intake this all produced a slightly higher ambient RH value with in the grow area/spare bedroom/house which all is grown for personal use & medication for pain relief.

Mainly in lights off where RH spikes, which can be observed with any good online weather report between day/lights on to night/lights off RH, it could well be a fundamental point to when you run lights on/off to RH value at any given point during day/night & also temperature control :thumb:

It was the lights off RH spike which caused the bud rot problem... 80% RH and greater, really need to keep lights off RH down below 70% during dark hours/lights off in flowering.

It also effected the slow air dry process & curing !

I'm now using a dehumidifier during lights off when in the later stage of flowering to tame RH & prevent bud rot (last few weeks).

Side note - get a dehumidifier with a filter for antibacterial control helps remove fungus spores from the air, which some come as a washable filter ideally !

thanks for the response guys, the reflector I have ordered for the cooltube is very big, its (H) 17cm , (D) 65cm, (L) 65cm

on any of the empty spaces I will be joining them all with the same tape I used on the buckets, which I have used to repair the ducting connected to the fan from the cooltube, it split due to the heat, and the repair was a solid pipe as a result instead of a flexi ducting.

aero_8.jpg

a bit of reconditioning I did on the buckets :)

DSC_03462.JPG

DSC_03454.JPG

I have very much everything already, the tent had done 3 grow so far with great quality buds, just looking to improve the setup to help better yield, surely a 600 HPS in a 2m x2m x2m tent can yield better than 240g, which is the best I got so far and they were sick till 3 weeks after flowering. the humidity was too high in last grow, went as high as 76% light off, so I got the dehumidifier, the reflectors that came with my cooltube is too small and the cooltube is too small as well, so replacing them, I seen some aircool hoods, but no one near me has it in stock and I don't want anything posted :) the cooltube does cool the bulb very well, its down to the fan, which I upgraded to a 550 cubic meter, and replacing filter with a 150mm x 600mm filter for better airflow as well since my filter is finished. I can run my heater on a thermostat didn't think of that :) thanks for the tip, just making some improvements for better control of temp on everything and the RH level, I'm happy with the quality produced, just need more weight :)

got everything setup, will post pic later, the new cooltube with the new reflector is covering 1sq/m from 3 feet high with over 30,000 lux on the edges, and by the teim the plants cover the 1sq/m they be taller, at 2 feet from reflector they are getting 40,000 plus lux full coverage, as it goes towards the center, lux increases by each mm movements, with the old cooltube and supplied reflector I be lucky to get 30,000 plus right under the bulb nevermind the edges. cooling size of it is very good, better than the old one again, with intake on outside vent, temp steady between 75f to 77f light on 68f to 63f light off, humidity is around 47% to 52% light over, 60% light off max which is where I set it for now since the clones are just in 2 days, water temp between 68f to 72f, I put a few ml of h202 in since the temp is slightly higher then desire, winter is coming, a week later it be all good, or I can keep air temp at 74.8f where the water seem to remain at 69f there, ph I run from 5.2 to 6.4. the silencer reduce the noise of the exhaust to audible level of wind noise can be heard only from 5" away, which is very good. air pump is very loud, for noise reduction I posted another thread, so far everythings are exactly where I want them except for the noise :)

Back
Top Bottom