Epic story possible epic thread if anyone cares to indulge

bammerhammer

Alright not sure if I'll even find out if someone responds to this but oh well here's what I got... got a bag seed no idea what strain I'm wingin this shizzy... and this shizzy is crazy as Hizzy!!! OK anyhoozer no bs.... got a bag seed germinated it in souffle cup sprouted in 2 days grew gloriously up to its first 7 leaf that had 5 leaflets started and then DAMN.... OK now I used a different heat lamp and it ended up during the night sliding down and resting on top of my momma (hopefully ) and burning complete top of plant... yes I know stoopie me... disregarding my stoopiness... haha.. sorry... The best thing I could think to do at that point was to take my plant and throw it as hard as my little beefcake arm could at the wall because I can be a very angry elf sometimes BUT I HELD COMPOSURE AND TOOK A DEEP BREATH grabbed my titanium scissors and amputated my little wounded woman by removing one complete 5 leaf fan the two 7 leaf fans but left about a half inch of the leafs stem. Somehow the tip tippie tip top didn't burn somehow so moving on from the horror. ... couple weeks pass and at this point momma bear has awoke and she's ready to booyah... ive been misting her everyday multiple times and it is looking great but i realize im just flooding the bucket that has no holes lmao yes way to go rook... the dirt i used as of that point was some dark top soilish dirt that was outside in the yard.... in the process of transplanting i realized the dirt in the bucket was basically one giant mud slop mcsloppy pie but regardless got it into another 3 gallon not the 10 i was planning due to seeing how flooded it was at time of the incident she was already transplanted into a 3 gallon buck from a red solo and was about 6 or so inches 3 nodes high (counting the 3 leaf as first node ?) after the couple weeks after "the incident" it had grown from 6 to about 15 inches in two weeks. From where that happened at the first set of the 7 leaf it now has three more sets of seven leaf fans a set of 8 leaf fans two massive sets of 9 leaf fans and a 10 leaf set of fans with another set of 10 half the size with some baby bout an inch fans that I just topped. Alright sorry I have no pic but if people respond I can try to show but basically straight as H main stem with typical fan leaves very evenly spaced all the way up. So now my questions and comments I guess to those who have endured lol here's what I've come to know of how this all goes down seed to veg to preflower into flowering into harvest no flush cause I don't use any chems at all just water and my tinkle haha which definitely helped the healing after .... (the incident) so basically one is that basically right.. and to my knowledge you are the plants god you control the changing from veg to flower by hours of light correct?? Moving on OK now I know it's stem fans then branches come .... now with momma I've been told by other growers it looks like a massive mama hence the her name and her stats right now are she's approximately just about 2 months old that's seed in dirt 2 months ago I have removed all lower growth below the first set of 7 leaf fans.... From there I have branches growing at all intersections where the fan stem touches the stalk ( sorry explaining very detailed cause I don't want this to be a waste of my or anyone's time) so the fans are all about a foot being 6 in for leaf and 6 in for stem so 12 in spread from stalk to tip of fans. Momma is about 27 inches tall with branches that go from 9 inches to 1 higher on the plant but are growing fast . Now another source told me to pinch the tip of each end of the branches to make a knuckle to form more bud site and branches and unwilling I did and to my surprise the 6 out of about 13 branches that I pinched knuckled into heaven lol meaning more growth anyways basically I really would like to know where the buds when I decide to flower where are they going to form and like I'm saying like exactly like I know I've been told every node is a bud site and at the end of every branch is I was told one too but basically I'm two feet tall with 6 or more branches of 7 inches or more I just topped it at its like I think 10th node..... any advise on when to proceed into flowering I'm gonna let the top that I topped haha.. grow out so the two what looks like possible new growths can get goin. Um let's see phone is dying so I'll post this and hope I get a response somewhat soon.... basically from what I've researched it seems like you can let it veg til whenever you decide or is there a peak or an absolute last bud that forms or could I keep it on veg and just take clones or... yeah there's a lot more questions I could ask but please if someone has been kind enough to even read this novel please tell me your feelings and concerns and I'll try to input and update as much info as needed so con people's help me hahaha thanks again to everyone one this site it has been my nugget of info and has done wonders god bless and pass that Shizzy !!!!

20150517_220758.jpg
20150517_220819.jpg
20150517_220854.jpg
20150517_220845.jpg
20150517_220739.jpg
20150517_220839.jpg

So next to the stipiles there is another thing growing looks like one of the stipiles but basically looks like a tip of a blade of grass is that I'm praying a calyx or will those not form til flowering?

And like if someone could copy one of these pics and circle where buds will form if it's female PLEASE???!!??? And definitely thanks to antics for commenting hope this helps

That's a pretty crazy story for a grow man. Check out this link, it'll help prevent a lot of those hectic problems, and unexpected surprises: How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

Some, but not all plants will grow preflowers. And they can appear before lighting is switched to 12/12.

This is what you'll be looking for:
2014-06-24_13-35-13_7401.jpg

The will appear at the nodes, where the branch meets the main stem, near the stipules.

Awesome bud!! You're the manthe little you just told me helped a lot and definitely great to know about the pre flowers also your best guess by just what you see does it look female lmao also what is your take on misting?? Like I've noticed and it seems logical that keeping the plant misted really helps as long as it's just through veg and as long as I'm not letting the water affect when I water the soil I'll stop I think in flowering cause I don't want mold but again antics thank you greatly and wish you the best of luck with your I'm sure awesome amazingness growing abilities also again really quick you say the buds form at the nodes where the branch meets the main stem but what about along the branch like I pinched a few tips to knuckle some of the branches so will buds form anywhere throughout the branch or just by the nodes of the main stem cause I got a few node lookin spots along some of the branches that are like anywhere between 3 to 10 inches?? I haven't slept yet and bout to pass out but I haven't looked at the links you sent so I'll do that when I get up so right on brother thanks and let me know no that deserves the double high five hahaha

I see no indication of sex. You need an extreme closeup of nodes to get a picture of it. Or you can see it with the naked eye if you have good vision, but will still need to be pretty close to the plant to see it.

Misting is fine in Veg, but you don't want to continually mist them. Read this to learn all the details about foliar spraying: How do I foliar feed?

Thanks man, but I'm still a beginner myself :thumb: I've been growing for 1 year now, and learned pretty much everything from this site.
Here's one I'm growing now, This is 7 weeks 2 days total time in Veg, and 2 days of 12/12:
IMG_20150518_082557_940.jpg

I have a clone flowering next to that one, and another clone still in Veg, and another plant in Veg. Should be moving those last two to flower in a few weeks.

You'll see the preflowers start at the nodes. When you switch to 12/12, you'll see even more growth, that look like short branches, but those will all actually end up being bud sites. On all the branches coming off the main stem, anywhere you see a smaller fan leaf, will also become a bud site, with the calyx forming just above where the fan leaf comes out of the branch.
It's really cool to watch them take shape, and it's fun being part of the growing process.

Now the trick, is I see you're growing with CFLs. You don't want a canopy that is too dense. The CFLs, and even LEDs don't have enough penetration to get through all of it. In my opinion, you get better results by training the plant short and wide, and cut off all little branches and stuff below the canopy.

Here's a side view of the same plant a couple weeks ago:
IMG_20150512_101045_161.jpg

See how the top is flat, nothing growing underneath, and then all my leaves are all in one spot? That's how I've have the best results with CFLs and LED lights.

Back
Top Bottom