Epsom Salts for a foliar spray? Mag deficiency

Medicalissue

:420:

Hey fellow growers. I just pick up some magnesium Sulfate from my local store.Does anybody use this method or have knowledge on how i should mix it and apply it. I have a Little mag deficiency going on. It is currently week 3 of Bloom. Thank you:thanks:
Auto111.JPG
auto28.JPG
auto52.JPG

Re: EPSON SALT FOR A FOLIAR SPRAY??? (Mag Deficiency)

Looks like some burn and N deficient to me?

I foliar with epson.
Half hour before lights off is when I like to do it. Fine mist the whole plant and dont miss any. Be sure to get the bottoms of every leaf as that is where most of the stomata are located. I use 1/2 tsp to a gallon and add 1 drop non toxic dish soap as a wetting agaent.

Mist plant fully until all leaves are dripping.

Yea, warm it a little so you can shake up the epson and really dissolve it. Let it cool a bit 75 degrees or so and add the drop of soap and shake like hell right befor you spray and from time to time while spraying. Even if you don't have a mag def foliar spraying some extra won't hurt anything. About a week later I will foliar spray again with nothing but water to help clean the leaves of anything left on them.

Before you worry too much about the N def, how far are you into flower and how long should your plant take in flower roughly?

Yea, warm it a little so you can shake up the epson and really dissolve it. Let it cool a bit 75 degrees or so and add the drop of soap and shake like hell right befor you spray and from time to time while spraying. Even if you don't have a mag def foliar spraying some extra won't hurt anything. About a week later I will foliar spray again with nothing but water to help clean the leaves of anything left on them.

Before you worry too much about the N def, how far are you into flower and how long should your plant take in flower roughly?

I am on week3 of flower. It is an auto mazar which is said to be 11 weeks from seed to flower. I would say atleast another 3. This is my first grow. this is all new and i cant get enough info. I really appreciate it! How long before i start to see results with the mag foliar spray?

I am on week3 of flower. It is an auto mazar which is said to be 11 weeks from seed to flower. I would say atleast another 3. This is my first grow. this is all new and i cant get enough info. I really appreciate it! How long before i start to see results with the mag foliar spray?

Really quick if you had a mag problem but you dont.

If you are only 3 weeks from harvest then there is nothing wrong but a slight burn. The yellowing leaves at the bottom are the plant eating its stored energy and should happen. I would say shes just fine but hey, what do I know :volcano-smiley:

yea im thinking 3 weeks MAYBE 4 at the most... this will be my first harvest. All this is new to me and i really enjoy learning and soaking all this knowledge up

even if its not a MAG issue. It wont hurt it to give it a spray of mag sulfate tonight? Another question i have is cleaning up them yellow dieing leaves... can i clean that up down there and maybe open my canopy up a little bit? Should i flush it because of nute burn or just let it be and skip a feeding and just give it water?

yea im thinking 3 weeks MAYBE 4 at the most... this will be my first harvest. All this is new to me and i really enjoy learning and soaking all this knowledge up

If you are down to the last 3 weeks or so you are in a lot better shape then you think. You have 2 things going on from what I can see.
1. You have a little nute burn. Just cut the next feed a bit and she if she handles it ok
2. The yellowing lower leaves.

The yellowing lower leaves are not only normal but desired as the plant is finishing up. Your plant needs to feed off of itself and eat the nutrition stored in its leaves. As you finish flower your plant should get more of them and some/many will eventually dry up and fall. Its Nitrogen that shes taking from the leaves she dont need anymore and using the nutrition for bud production. Google it a bit and you will find its fine. Heck, just youtube a few "harvest videos" and you will see it.

I think you are in good shape myself if your 3 weeks from finish.

Back
Top Bottom