Equanimity's 2nd Grow - The White Room - HPS & CFL - 3 Strains & Sex for Afters

re: Equanimity's 2nd Grow - The White Room - HPS & CFL - 3 Strains & Sex for Afters

You'd love to have seen a video of basically me naked?

Wow lol

lol . fk no !!!! i thought the naked part didn't come till the end ..

re: Equanimity's 2nd Grow - The White Room - HPS & CFL - 3 Strains & Sex for Afters

LOL

Just assume that i'm naked until proven clothed lol

lol i prefer u be clothed even when typing this post ..

are u doing the novel writing thing in your signature ?

i could if i recorded it and someone else wrote it . i have had a wild crazy life. some of my stories would be looked at as fiction because of the wild stuff i have been apart of or a witness to .

i could if i recorded it and someone else wrote it . i have had a wild crazy life. some of my stories would be looked at as fiction because of the wild stuff i have been apart of or a witness to .

Yep. Same here. Pretty much all of my fiction is just real things that happened but with the names changed.
Don't wanna get sued lol

Anyone know what would cause fan leaves to taste like the mouthwash you get at the dentist??

Also, a few pics...

2014-11-08_23_58_56.jpg
2014-11-08_23_58_13.jpg
2014-11-08_23_58_06.jpg
2014-11-08_23_57_58.jpg

The last two are flowers from Leanne.

One is pollinated, one is not.

When will it become apparent whether or not the pollination was successful?

(the bottom image is of a pollinated flower, however, the 'compacted' appearance is caused by the way I applied the pollen; the rubbing method)

I dunno wat to look for. The last bud the one u rubbed pollen on looks somewhat aged to the rest with brown pistils maybe thats s gokd sign. Your girls are really coming on a treat buddy theres noticable change every set of piks you put up so keep up tge good work :)

When will it become apparent whether or not the pollination was successful?

(the bottom image is of a pollinated flower, however, the 'compacted' appearance is caused by the way I applied the pollen; the rubbing method)

Once pollinated the pistils will loose mass and turn brown in a day to three days, this means that it has been pollinated. If that bud area continues to crisp and dies then it was pollinated but the method killed it and the pollination is a bust.

Hope your pollination is a success!!

Once pollinated the pistils will loose mass and turn brown in a day to three days, this means that it has been pollinated. If that bud area continues to crisp and dies then it was pollinated but the method killed it and the pollination is a bust.

Hope your pollination is a success!!

Cool, what sort of time scale should i expect?

The pistils should turn brown in a day to three days
Sacks should start forming within a week
Viable seeds do take time. 2-3 weeks.

I have always waited 3-3.5 weeks to harvest so that I have the best result in seeds. Its just a shame co have come so far and harvest early and the seeds being bad. Been there, done that. If the goal is pure seed production I would wait 3 weeks before harvesting to get better results.

Well, it would appear that my attempt at pollination has failed.

I will therefore have to fall back to a post harvest monster cropping attempt.
So, looks like I'll be doing some cloning then.

I have enough colloidal silver for 2 more attempts, however I only have enough money for 0 seeds lol

Don't give up so easy. It looks like it may have happened to me. Are you saying your going to harvest soon? It looks kinda immature for that anyway. Sometimes it's just hard to see the seeds growing. Lots of times I'll harvest a test bud just to check for seeds. I guess you only pollinated a few buds? Maybe you can leave behind that branch after your harvest just to finish up those seeds?

Don't give up so easy. It looks like it may have happened to me. Are you saying your going to harvest soon? It looks kinda immature for that anyway. Sometimes it's just hard to see the seeds growing. Lots of times I'll harvest a test bud just to check for seeds. I guess you only pollinated a few buds? Maybe you can leave behind that branch after your harvest just to finish up those seeds?

Oh no, harvesting now would be a disaster; none of the flowers are even remotely ready yet. I mean once I harvest, I'm going to take what's left and work a few clones out of it and reveg them as per this article I read about "monster cropping". Apparently you can take clones off during the flowering phase and this causes them to be, quote, "bushy with loads of bud sites". I'm skeptical but if this works, I can take clones of both the Blue Dream and CCSH and hit them with the colloidal silver for another crack at some seeds.

When I pollinated (2 days ago) I pollinated the four biggest bud sites on the Blue Dream plant, but so far they look no different from the rest of the flowers; no swelling, shrinking or colour change at all. Just the same slightly crushed pistils from where I rubbed the pollen on.

After about ten days you'll have noticeable seeds if you dissect a bud. They'll be like grapes tho. Let the seeds develop 40 days after pollination to get the best yield. Sometimes seeds will show up easily, but not always. Sometimes there falling outta the cracks everywhere. If you're dying to find out harvest one bud after 20 days, and you might get some useable seeds outta it. But I'd wait the full 40 myself, because you pollinated so few buds.

Sound advice.

So I've noticed; on those four buds, that pistils are beginning to fall off.
I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

As for the monster cropping; the only thing stopping me going ahead with those clones is the quarantined hermie, which is doing pretty much nada under that 300w cfl so she's going to get dumped. This will give me three pots and their coir which I'll divie up into the tiny pots and the long and short is, I have enough resources to get six clones on the go (possibly more). So am gonna do that either tomorrow or tuesday.

Either way, I'm not going to throw the towel in on breeding just yet.

Gonna have to read up on clones though; specifically where abouts on the plant to take from and what specific parts I need.

Hey Equanimity, I am wondering if you have any pollen left. If so you can try a different method too. I have tried rubbing 2-3 times and was never able to pollinate without doing damage. What I do and advise would be to pick up small portions of dry pollen with a Q-tip and just tap the q-tip over the bud site letting the pollen fall onto the pistils rather than touching them. This way my success rate has gone up to about 3 out of every 4.

Toker69 has a great point. Dont give up yet, 2 days is really not enough to asses pollination. One way or the other (rubbing or dropping) you have pollinated the girl (if the pollen is viable) as long as you can do without smoking her just let her go way overdue, 40 days is a good time and worst case scenario you wont get your desired amount of seeds but you still will get some :)

Hey Equanimity, I am wondering if you have any pollen left. If so you can try a different method too. I have tried rubbing 2-3 times and was never able to pollinate without doing damage. What I do and advise would be to pick up small portions of dry pollen with a Q-tip and just tap the q-tip over the bud site letting the pollen fall onto the pistils rather than touching them. This way my success rate has gone up to about 3 out of every 4.

Toker69 has a great point. Dont give up yet, 2 days is really not enough to asses pollination. One way or the other (rubbing or dropping) you have pollinated the girl (if the pollen is viable) as long as you can do without smoking her just let her go way overdue, 40 days is a good time and worst case scenario you wont get your desired amount of seeds but you still will get some :)

I'm not going to give up on it as such, i mean, the plant will be left to do it's thing because the rest of the flowers remain unpollinated so i'll have to bring her to term anyway.

I don't want to rely on it though, so i'm gonna try out this cloning method as contingency.

Update

Firstly i'd like to just apologise for the thinness of updates lately.
I've been busy.

Anyway.

Carla is looking great, plenty of nice flowers and even as fuck too (a happy accident, i'm forced to admit)
This behaviour occured after a prolonged period under the LED.

13-11-14_11_.jpg

13-11-14_10_.jpg

Cheryl is our three pronged fuck up of a thing, she's alright, nothing special. The buds on the main stem are pretty thick though. She has been moved under the LED to hopefully thicken up a bit.

13-11-14_9_.jpg

13-11-14_8_.jpg

Christine has a fair amount of flowers but is svelte enough to fit in the cheap seats with the not so much elbow room, which is useful.

13-11-14_7_.jpg

13-11-14_6_.jpg

Jennifer is lanky and has a low number of flowers but the two main tops are pretty thick.

13-11-14_5_.jpg

13-11-14_4_.jpg

Nicola is not my favourite but she's definitely trying.

13-11-14_3_.jpg

13-11-14_2_.jpg

Leanne is a nicely balanced plant and every single one of those top layer flowers are pretty thick. The biggest four are the ones I pollinated; they still do not look to have accepted it though.
Tonight I took three clones from this.
It is my most favourite plant.

13-11-14_19_.jpg

13-11-14_18_.jpg

Josie is almost as good as Leanne; clearly the Blue Dream strain produces better plants than the Lemon Kush in every way. Thick, uniformed flowers and very little green detritus coupled with the diminutive size make this my new favourite strain (to grow; ain't smoked it yet)

13-11-14_17_.jpg

13-11-14_16_.jpg

Loretta is my second favourite plant; her buds are smaller but are just as numerous as the Blue Dream and those one or two Lemon Kushes. Really happy with this dark horse motherfuckery thing.
I have taken three clones from this tonight.

13-11-14_15_.jpg

13-11-14_14_.jpg

Joanne is boring as fuck; she's done very little lotely so i've moved her somewhere with more light to see if she'll get going again.

13-11-14_13_.jpg

13-11-14_12_.jpg

So, onto the cloning.

I had this huge wardrobe downstairs. I decided to try to get it up the stairs. With it I could have made a compartmental seedling, veg and cloning station. However, it disintergrated and so i've resorted to a shitty pine wardrobe as seen here:

tmp_11968-IMG_20141112_023413-20540857211.jpg

Simple setup; a 300w CFL in a reflector hanging from the cross bar.

Here are things i'm using to root them.

2014-11-05_22_23_38.jpg

I selected these because:
I already had them​
and​
'pucks' and that be spendy​
and​
They're transparent; i'll know when they're rooted without having to tug on em.​

These are powdered baby milk cannisters which have a hole drilled in the bottom and the lids discarded.

Now, before you say anything, i know about what is obviously totally wrong with my clones.

IMG_20141113_020937.jpg

IMG_20141113_020931.jpg

13-11-14_1_.jpg

Those were all I could really get at this stage of flowering but i've read several things in which humans have taken these in this condition and gotten them to root, so here we are, on the raggedy edge :p

These clones have been placed in boil washed coir which was then saturated with tonight's main feed.
The cuttings were placed in and the coir was pressed to force out any air.

The new wardrobe has been placed next to the main grow unit and so it kinda feels like I've got a little burgeoning grow facility on the go, which does feel great :)

Back
Top Bottom