Espresso's Soil With T5 CFL Lighting Lemon Haze Grow Journal - 2011-2012

Espresso

Greeting,

So I decided to experiment with growing some plants last year and here is my experience so far.

Strain: Lemon Haze
Medium: Soil (Mix of MG and Dr Earth)
Lighting: T5 300W + 2x 45w LEDs
Nutrients:
31_-_Copy.jpg

30_-_Copy.jpg

34_-_Copy.jpg

32_-_Copy.jpg

Start Date: Nov-2011
Start Medium: Root Riot Germination Dome on a heat pad

Once the first set of real leaves were growing, I transplanted the 10 babies over 3 days to plastic cups filled with Dr Earth. The transplants were moved to the grow tent under 18/6 light dark cycle
IMG_0052_-_Copy.JPG

Mid December Marked the second transplant to the final soil pots. these contained a mix of MG potting soil and Dr Earth Organic Soil.
Still Veg phase
IMG_0054_-_Copy.JPG

IMG_0051_-_Copy.JPG

IMG_0049_-_Copy.JPG

IMG_0053_-_Copy.JPG

IMG_0046_-_Copy.JPG

IMG_0047_-_Copy.JPG

This is where i was in early January. I decided to add tomato cages at this point to keep the plants from growing into each other. Feeding with the MG and Root builder every monday at this point. Still running 18/6 light

IMG_0113_-_Copy.JPG

IMG_0111_-_Copy.JPG

IMG_0112_-_Copy.JPG

Quick picture update in early february. I switched lighting to 12/12 and started using tiger bloom nutes at this point

IMG_0110_-_Copy.JPG

First Pics in March. flowers are well into bloom. I culled 8 of the 10 plants (1 went into a seperate tent) for being useless males ;-) 2 mommas left at this point. still using the tiger bloom once a week.

8_-_Copy.jpg

7_-_Copy.jpg

look how different the male looks (in april)
d_-_Copy.jpg

took some cuttings from the two mommas left over and placed in a root riot dome with clonex about a week ago. still looking good :)
a_-_Copy.jpg

9_-_Copy.jpg

Here is an update as of yesterday. Looking healthy and beautiful. not sure how much longer to go since ive never done this before. all info and suggestions are appreciated. thanks and peace all.
5_-_Copy.jpg

4_-_Copy.jpg

2e_-_Copy.jpg

2c_-_Copy.jpg

2b_-_Copy.jpg

2a_-_Copy.jpg

They look good,,,,,I'm thinking you have a few more weeks to go but the only way to tell is to look at the trichromes under a microscope. They can be purchased on the cheap side, roughly $15 @ amazon, radio shack, forum sponsors . I am on my first grow too so I'm going through the process of trying to figure out if one of mine is done. I originally picked up a 30x jewelers loop, it didnt cut it, not enough magnification. So I spent $75 for a digital microscope that I can also take pictures with, should be here today. Anyways, good luck with your grow.

Sup bro! Plants are lookin healthy to me... Can't really see a clear pic of bud but it looks like u have a month to go... Probably more to get it super dank...
::more nutes::
Keep em green

Thanks for the info PuffPuff and HerbFarma. I do have that video microscope thingie so i will try to get some trichome pics through it and maybe post them soon. I did just this week switch to the Big Bloom Concentrate which is much less concentrated than the tiger bloom i have been using. I did notice a bit of browning on one branch today. will post pics tomorrow of the trouble spot and of better bud pics.
Peace and have a great night. :Namaste:

Thanks for the info PuffPuff and HerbFarma. I do have that video microscope thingie so i will try to get some trichome pics through it and maybe post them soon. I did just this week switch to the Big Bloom Concentrate which is much less concentrated than the tiger bloom i have been using. I did notice a bit of browning on one branch today. will post pics tomorrow of the trouble spot and of better bud pics.
Peace and have a great night. :Namaste:

I took pics with mine last night (their in my journal). Things I found that helped. Use a tripod, take the plant out of the tent so that any low kelvin flower lighting (yellow light) doesnt affect the picture outcome. Clamp the tripod down on a table and move the plant not the scope. Be gentle trying to focus if your focus ring is on the scope,,,,,,,,,,wish zoom/focus was incorporated in my software instead of on the unit. Wish my scope magnification went higher then 200x.

doesn't it defeat the purpose of having organic and then using miracle gro?

doesn't it defeat the purpose of having organic and then using miracle gro?

Nah, just covering all my basis. remember this is my first time and it is more an experiment than anything else.

OK so this is the best i could do with the hand held microscope. looks like the trichomes are still clear. i did look from several angles and they all looked clear. i just couldnt get a decent pic. :p

trich_-_Copy.jpg

Good Morning Bruddas and sistas.

Today's update finds the two moms looking fabulous. The babies are scaring me a bit and I need advice.
3c_-_Copy.jpg

3b_-_Copy.jpg

3a_-_Copy.jpg

Here are are clones and they are all flowering. I know i am not really supposed to have them with the moms at 12/12 cycle but here i am. do i move them to another place with an 18/6 cycle or just wait another week and transplant them as if the flowering is inconsequential? Any help is much appreciated :) Peace
3d_-_Copy.jpg

New Flower Pictures from the Ladies. Almost there :)
9_-_Copy_2_.jpg

8_-_Copy_2_.jpg

7_-_Copy_2_.jpg

6_-_Copy_2_.jpg

5_-_Copy_2_.jpg

4_-_Copy_2_.jpg

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!
:420:

Back
Top Bottom