Estimate my yield

SlickChief

With a Platinum LED 300W, and a 3ft x 2.5ft x 1.5ft Growtent what can you more experienced growers say I will yield?
*Fox Farm Trio
*Bud Candy
*Hawaiian Bud & Bloom
*2-3 wk Veg
*3-6 wk Flower
*Will SCROG

All I want is just a rough guesstimate, I know there are so many more variables. I'm really curious to see what people will say. :thanks:

Your gonna want to veg for longer with a scrog. I vegged 3 plants in an area 2/3 the size for 7 weeks and still thought I could veg longer.
Also, what strain will flower in 3-6 weeks?
Is this your first time or are you experienced in growing?
Its really hard to just guess your yield as I wouldn't eve be able to guess my own yield!
But...at a guess, if you veg for 4-8 weeks and its a high yielding strain I think you should get between 7-12 oz.
Really depends on strain, condition, skill...so many factors dude.

nothing flowers in 3 to 6 weeks, it isn't a choice, the gene type determines flowering period

if you're new to this, don't jump in with advanced techniques, try a normal straight forward grow, and read the tutorial on here

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. Yes I am a newbie, mah first grow!

The guy at my local Hydro store told me that Veg would be 2-3 weeks since I had such a small grow space, but I wasn't planning a scrog at the time. I guess I'll go play-by-play and end veg whenever my screen is full (not sure how long that'll be).
As for flowering, I didn't realize it would take so long, so maybe 10 weeks?

And I forgot to mention I'd be picking up Girl Scout Cookie clones.

Flower time all depends on the strain you're growing. Every plant has its own specific flower time. The usual range I see for photo period plants is between 7-12 weeks. And I think some can be a little shorter, and some even longer. But that's the most common range I see.

You also MIGHT run into a problem with your LED. With a tent that's only 3' high, you need to deduct a lot of things...

You start with 36", deduct the height of the LED light, which is a few inches. LEDs need to be anywhere between 12" to 36" from the plants (My LED is 30" away currently), You need to deduct the height of the pot, and that leaves you with how tall your plant can grow.

I would contact your light supplier and find out what distances they suggest as minimum distance for the light above the plants. I see 18" on their site as a coverage number.. and if 18" is the minimum they suggest, half your tent's height is gone already.

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. Yes I am a newbie, mah first grow!

The guy at my local Hydro store told me that Veg would be 2-3 weeks since I had such a small grow space, but I wasn't planning a scrog at the time. I guess I'll go play-by-play and end veg whenever my screen is full (not sure how long that'll be).
As for flowering, I didn't realize it would take so long, so maybe 10 weeks?

And I forgot to mention I'd be picking up Girl Scout Cookie clones.

It will take as many weeks in veg as it takes to fill your SCROG. Count on 8 weeks in flower (checking the flowers under a lope starting in week 7 of flower to determine harvest time).

I would think 6.5 oz (1g/W) is possible under exceptional grow conditions and use of advanced techniques such as tipping, fluxing, foliar feeding, CO2, etc.

However
- Your space is fairly small.
- You have very limited experience.
- You don't have a lot of research data on the exact system you are going to use.
- Predicting pest problems or your ability to react to them is nearly impossible.
- LED lighting is a different animal than HID methods and it is difficult to parse out fact from fiction.

I would assume a cumulative reduction in yield of 10% to 20% per factor mentioned above leaving you with a yield potential between 2.1 oz and 3.8 oz.

How well your grow produces is entirely unpredictable with the set of criteria you have provided, I'd seriously suggest attempting to mimic a previous grow that has been well documented here on 420. Take as many notes as possible and learn from others mistakes and achievements and mimic the good grows as near as your skill allows.

DRM Ranch

PlatLED told me a vague answer when I asked a couple weeks ago -- They said that many of their users had tried anywhere from 0" to 18" in plant distance.
I'm thinking 12" is a decent assumption.
My 2gal fabric pots are 7" tall.
The screen will be 8" above the base of the plants. (some info i got on another website)

12" + 7" + 8" = 27"

That leaves approximately 9" for my plants to grow. I was told on another thread that
"I have P450 in these same size tent, you'll be OK" actually, by theengineer.

yeah, that was me, but you said your space was (3.5x2x1.5), which I took to be meters as I've never heard of an 18" high tent before, but you said in another thread it was 4 foot high, so there is some confusing info there..

mine is 32" x 32" x 64", and I have a P450 & a P300 in it :Namaste:

yeah, that was me, but you said your space was (3.5x2x1.5), which I took to be meters as I've never heard of an 18" high tent before, but you said in another thread it was 4 foot high, so there is some confusing info there..

mine is 32" x 32" x 64", and I have a P450 & a P300 in it :Namaste:
Oh crap...

Yeah I had switched from planning a grow box that was 4ft high to a grow tent. The grow tent I have is 36" tall, 30" width, 18" deep.

Do you guys think I'll be safe with this 300W LED? Should I return and get the 150W?

I would return the tent for one that measures the same as mine - it cost me £39 from Amazon.

The P300 will work well in this space with two plants.

Alternatively, you could run some short auto flowering plants, or top and bend regulars to keep them low.

I have a P300 sat 12“ above two Jack Herers, and they are loving it :Namaste:

I would return the tent for one that measures the same as mine - it cost me £39 from Amazon.

The P300 will work well in this space with two plants.

Alternatively, you could run some short auto flowering plants, or top and bend regulars to keep them low.

I have a P300 sat 12“ above two Jack Herers, and they are loving it :Namaste:

My space is limited so thats why I have such a small tent :X

I think I'm going to bend them as much as I can because I have a lot of excess horizontal space.

Thanks engineer :D

OK, top them at the third node, and train the two new stems to grow horizontally, then you can keep them low, and get very even coverage across the majority of your plant :peace:

Oh crap...

Yeah I had switched from planning a grow box that was 4ft high to a grow tent. The grow tent I have is 36" tall, 30" width, 18" deep.

Do you guys think I'll be safe with this 300W LED? Should I return and get the 150W?

Both lights are the same depth at three inches. The hanger connection another inch or two. You can't put the plants at 0 inches from the light. They need at least 8-12 inches and that is still close. You need likely 4 inches of medium to grow in. hmmm. what have we got 36-3-2-12-4 = 16 inches left for plant material. SOG I assume will be best bet for that finished height. If you were planning on taller plants than that, maybe you should consider the grow box again to get the extra foot back.

As you reduce the height between the light and the plants, the coverage area is reduced as well. I think the 300 would be better than the 150 in this regard. The 300 also produces a lot more light than the 150 so better penetration.

Back
Top Bottom