EtOH extraction with vacuum purge

I wish there was published data on dissolution times and solute concentration limits. If anyone would like to donate about 50g of pure blonde hash to the cause I'd be more than happy to run controlled tests.
:cool:

Ummm...you got like a metric shit-ton of dank... just sayin. :ganjamon:

Hash is my weakness. That's why I haven't got bags yet. I'll definitely not pass a drug test if I had hash in the house
I have no such temptation. I know it would help my back pain and help me sleep, but I abhor the vacuum it creates between my ears. For me it's like a switch that turns off higher thinking and my gears are still turning even in sleep. Curiosity and a legal cannabis climate led to my first successful grow which, regrettably, all went into the garbage. I have enough now to supply my brother with the meds his docs have recommended so I don't even know why I'm growing out these three clones, other than feeling compelled to finish what I started. After harvest I'll probably shut it all down and sell the equipment to recoup some of my costs. This has been an expensive endeavor!
I'd still like to grow but I'd rather do it for a commercial grower and get paid for my time, at least until I get bored with it. LOL. If I'm not learning, I'm dying.

"I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious."
Albert Einstein

"SQUIRREL!"
Rider509
:)

I have no such temptation. I know it would help my back pain and help me sleep, but I abhor the vacuum it creates between my ears. For me it's like a switch that turns off higher thinking and my gears are still turning even in sleep. Curiosity and a legal cannabis climate led to my first successful grow which, regrettably, all went into the garbage. I have enough now to supply my brother with the meds his docs have recommended so I don't even know why I'm growing out these three clones, other than feeling compelled to finish what I started. After harvest I'll probably shut it all down and sell the equipment to recoup some of my costs. This has been an expensive endeavor!
I'd still like to grow but I'd rather do it for a commercial grower and get paid for my time, at least until I get bored with it. LOL. If I'm not learning, I'm dying.

"I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious."
Albert Einstein

"SQUIRREL!"
Rider509
:)
Ever think about getting into breeding?

Ever think about getting into breeding?

I will admit the thoughts of comments I had were well.........

I will say if he got into breeding it would be insane strains. Sign my up for tester beans.

Why the 2 in the top look droopy compared to others?
They were what was left after the initial harvest of the Thaibodian Skunk. I took the top flowers because they were ready and were showing signs of copper deficiency. After treating the deficiency with colloidal copper I let the under-buds play catchup. The second harvest was better than the first!

Breeding is a whole 'nother ball of wax. I don't know how anyone has the patience!
Well the truth is I don't think most of them do, most are just chucking pollen and mashing names together lol But I mean, if you think about it in terms of how many grows you've already done, it would at least make sense as a reason to keep doing it when the flowers aren't really the end product you're looking for. Plus, there's all sorts of kick-ass projects you could endeavor on for breeding, like pollen chambers. I saw a guy that made a hermetically sealed room where he could lift a big male on a pulley, and let it drop and just explode in pollen, and that's how he open-pollinates. It's all filtered and sealed and this kick-ass plexi-glassed area like some kind of science lab.

Come on Rider, come to the dark side... :p

I certainly don't need another obsession! And what would be the point in breeding? I can't sell it, can't give it away, and don't use it myself. It's not even legal to sell SEEDS in my state without a 502 license, and I prefer to stay on the right side of the law. The little bit of weed that won't be processed for my bro will go into our private stock and probably die a slow death from neglect.
But on a brighter note, I made some primo dry ice hash so the solute concentration limits and dissolution times experiment is on! Woo hoo!

I certainly don't need another obsession! And what would be the point in breeding? I can't sell it, can't give it away, and don't use it myself. It's not even legal to sell SEEDS in my state without a 502 license, and I prefer to stay on the right side of the law. The little bit of weed that won't be processed for my bro will go into our private stock and probably die a slow death from neglect.
But on a brighter note, I made some primo dry ice hash so the solute concentration limits and dissolution times experiment is on! Woo hoo!
Man, that just sounds like a shame lol I didn't realize we couldn't legally sell seeds without a 502 license, I thought med patients could trade them or something. I don't know, I hear too much about the law from stoners.

Dry-ice hash has always mystified me man, you should post up a tutorial on that too lol

Starting with exactly 1lb of very dry hand crushed MTPC #1 I added 6.5lbs of crushed dry ice in a bucket and shook it for approx 5 minutes, then placed it all in a #72 bubble bag and shook it over glass until I noticed a color change from blonde to a tinge of green. The resultant trichomes were collected and jarred and weighted out at 2.0ozs. The flowers and dry ice were transferred to a #120 bubble bag and the process was repeated until my arm was about to fall off. The greener second batch weighed out at 1.3ozs and has a much more noticeable MTPC odor.

Starting with exactly 1lb of very dry hand crushed MTPC #1 I added 6.5lbs of crushed dry ice in a bucket and shook it for approx 5 minutes, then placed it all in a #72 bubble bag and shook it over glass until I noticed a color change from blonde to a tinge of green. The resultant trichomes were collected and jarred and weighted out at 2.0ozs. The flowers and dry ice were transferred to a #120 bubble bag and the process was repeated until my arm was about to fall off. The greener second batch weighed out at 1.3ozs and has a much more noticeable MTPC odor.
Heh so you just put it in there with the dry ice and shake it?? Brilliant!

Well all this is just going to be used for alcohol extraction right? Might as well mix it.

I have been wondering for a long time how an extraction with sifted material would go. I feel like it's going to be amazingly high quality.

Also... Seeing a jar that big full of 73micron sift makes me want to cry out of envy. Just so you know.

Back
Top Bottom