Ever put a clone in a Dixie cup?

spenceje

So here is the deal, my clones are starting to show roots through the rockwool... I have never cloned before so I was hoping someone could answer a few questions for me.... Just to let ya know they're in a humidity dome with a small heating pad underneath the dome and approx an inch and a half of perlite in the bottom of the tray.......

1. How long is it okay to keep them in the dome after they show root?

2. If I put them into 16oz 'dixie cups' to veg how long til' I'm gonna have a problem with getting root bound?? Would they maintain longer if I put em' under 18/6?

Problem is I still have girls flowering and I have very limited space to veg them.

3. Also I have them under just a 24w t5, how much more light am I gonna need to sustain them for a few weeks?

Thanks, any help is highly appreciated...:allgood:

All I use.
I start 'em in dirt and Dixie Cups.
Ay, they are cheap :)

Mine become root bound in about 2-3 weeks.
I would think if you start in rockwool and put them in the cups,
they'll be rootbound sooner.
Maybe 1 - 2 weeks, easy.

That's kinda what I was thinking...

What kinda light do you keep on em' while they're in the cups? and what photoperiod? Just curious... Thanks again:allgood:

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite.
John Kenneth Galbraith
i like the quote spenceje :cool:

DaMagoMan, you ever rooted them in water then when they have roots gone to soil. I remember racefan mentioned he'd done it that way many times.

i like the quote spenceje :cool:.

DaMagoMan, you ever rooted them in water then when they have roots gone to soil. I remember racefan mentioned he'd done it that way many times.

I have also tried this and had no luck at all.... this is my first time with rw and it seems to be working out pretty well, so far so good anyways.....

:allgood::peace::bong:

Cut the bottoms out?

What brand?
I got some I didn't like ...
in fact they were so Tough, I still got 1 or 2 kickin' around after 5+yrs.
maybe planted in 4-7 times, they're tough

nope, don't cut out the bottoms. no need. they feel like cardboard to the touch and they are in trays of ten and by the time you transplant them they are ready to disentagrate. i ususally wait til i see root start to stick out before i transplant them. i love them. i don't recall the brand but i got them at walmart so they are nothing fancy. they cost about 3.50 for 50 of them.

Back
Top Bottom