Evolution of my DWC V2.0

TwistedSteel

So this was my first DWC and in three short weeks I'm on my third version. Reservoir holding 17gal 2 large air stones and one small...Most versions I saw during my research utilized a submersible pump for the top feed and added ice bottles to control temps

So in v1.0 I decided I would use an airlift pump to run my top feed worked like a charm... No added heat to my reservoir and the bonus of only one pump for the system and Girls being fed from the top.

Then I ran into the issue of high water temps just from the ambient temps in my room.

So along came v2.0 for which I built a 12v closed loop res cooler using a Peltier cooler and a digital temp controller... In testing I found that closed loop didn't cool fast enough. So along came v3.0

In v3.0 I am running the Peltier cooler feed directly from the res and return into the res... I am currently maintaining 68 with hopes to reach 63...

I will post some pics and plans soon!

This sounds more like an ebb and flood table to me. Great job adapting to your issues though. Here at 420Magazine you'll find tons of help. Good luck. Did you start a journal?

Well I want to see how this goes. Start a journal for it and I'll sub. Link in my sig. What kind of lighting are you going with?

Have you used LED before? I'm currently researching, plan on shifting to it soon. Any tips?

No this is my first go with LED they seem to be doing pretty good so far. no heat issues. Tight internodes very little stretch. Power usage is lower. 140 actual draw for 400W HID replacement. I'll take it

Their soooo expensive though.... is it worth tit for tat?

Seems like I missed a possible issue while I was testing... Ambient temperature of the girls room... SOB... Cooler is working fairly well but I need to move the peltier device outside the room the higher ambient temperature doesn't allow it to work efficiently enough to drop the temps...

IMG_071436.JPG
IMG_069239.JPG
IMG_069135.JPG

Looks good, keep the updates coming!!

like the top fed dwc be sure to have lots of air for your roots sitting in the water .i also just got a bunch of led lights and switched from 1000w hps and all i can say is amaizing diffrence , if u want pop into my journal and take a look only been 9 days with led so far

First Time LED 6 x 400W Mars 2

Seems you've resurrected a really old thread.. This thread is a bit informative on an ice probe grow..

Back
Top Bottom