Exceptionally High Feco Yeilds: Straw Hat Notes

Here we go! Then off to the fireplace a while for proper reflections. :bongrip:
Try to seal them up as good as you can.
2ACEC16B-2CB3-43B1-9E4C-424D25C7CD18.png

You want condensation to build. Be sure the soil is moist.

Straw hat notes;
What if we design a port of sorts to administer doses of elicitor into stem/branches? Concerns that our solutions will not be readily sought/upregulated by the roots drives the port thoughts>

What if now that we know an extended drought causes increased cannabinoid production in some strains while other strains cannot withstand the rigors of a long 11 day drought, what if say with AK47 or another strain that wont seem to go 11 days, so we go four days or five with a supplemental foliar elicitor treatment simultaneously or other interventions?

What if we slowly rotate containers until roots are inverted yet plant was trained to stay with stationary light above it?

Just thoughts

All about the Terps.
Terpenes PDF

Terpene composition is a phenotypic trait that shows much varia-tion across different cannabis‘strains’(Table 1). The majority of ter-penes found in cannabis are hydrocarbons, which are the direct pro-ducts of terpene synthase (TPS) enzymes [7, 8], as opposed to morecomplex terpenes that require modification by other enzymes such ascytochrome P450s. Therefore, the chemical diversity of cannabis ter-penes reflects the diversity of TPS enzymes encoded in the cannabis

The monoterpene myrcene as well as the sesquiterpenesβ-car-yophyllene andα-humulene appear to be present in most cannabis‘strains’. Other common compounds include the monoterpenesα-pinene, limonene, and linalool as well as the sesquiterpenes bisabololand (E)-β-farnesene. It is important to note that some terpenes, inparticular sesquiterpenes, remain difficult to identify due to the lack ofauthentic standards for many of these compounds. As a result, reportsof terpene profiles in cannabis may include unknown compounds, relyon tentative identification, or present incomplete profiles of selectedcompounds. Stereochemistry is also not consistently described, or isoften ignored, in reports on cannabis terpenes. The monoterpene myrcene as well as the sesquiterpenesβ-car-yophyllene andα-humulene appear to be present in most cannabis‘strains’. I'm sure that is what I just smelled and tasted getting toasted. :)

The terpenes found in the cannabis resin, as well as the isoprenoidmoiety of the cannabinoid structure, are produced through the iso-prenoid biosynthetic system, which originates in the mevalonic acid(MEV) pathway in the cytosol and the methylerythritol phosphate MEP) pathway in plastids. Monoterpenes and cannabinoids have acommon ten-carbon isoprenoid precursor, geranyl diphosphate (GPP,C10), while sesquiterpenes are produced from thefifteen-carbon iso-prenoid farnesyl diphosphate (FPP, C15). Using GPP or FPP as sub-strates, monoterpene synthases (mono-TPS) and sesquiterpene syn-thases (sesqui-TPS) produce the different structures of mono- andsesquiterpenes found in the cannabis resin (Fig. 2). A recent analysis ofthe Purple Kush cannabis genome and transcriptome sequences iden-tified more than 30 different CsTPS genes [8]. Only nine CsTPS havebeen functionally characterized and published to date [8, 9]. As withmany other plant TPS [7], eight of the nine characterized CsTPS aremulti-product enzymes that generate several different terpene struc-tures from either GPP or FPP [8]. The multi-product nature of CsTPScan explain why some terpenes, such asα-humulene andβ-car-yophyllene, typically co-occur in different cannabis samples. The Purple Yummy I am told.

Variation of the composition of the CsTPS gene family and variationin CsTPS gene expression is likely to explain observed variations ofterpene profiles across the species. However, the level of variation ofthe size, composition and expression of the CsTPS gene family, andfactors that influence CsTPS gene expression, are for the most partunknown. For example, variation of terpene biosynthesis at thegenome, transcriptome, proteome and biochemical levels have beenshown in other plants to account for phenotypic intra-specific variationof terpene profiles [e.g.10, 11]. Terpene profiles may also substantiallychange as a result of differential CsTPS gene expression over the courseof plant development or in response to environmental factors. In ad-dition, developmental or tissue specific expression of CsTPS may affectvariation of terpene profiles in cannabis products.

To resolve issues of poor reproducibility of terpene profiles in can-nabis, hah go to a better seed bank. it will be essential to perform rigorous studies with a diversity ofcannabis genotypes grown under controlled environmental conditionsand analyze terpene profiles quantitatively and qualitatively over thecourse of plant development. This would need to include organ-, tissue-and cell-type specific terpene analysis Ya Think LOL

Late night deep hits
Gravity thoughts and notes;

Idea was what would happen with nute uploading if we slowly rotate container until roots are pointing up beside the plant. Bong hits. The plant grows up to the light while the rootball is manipulated in ways. More bong hits.

. Experimental evidence suggests that plants can repair embolized xylem by pushing water from living vessel-associated cells into the gas-filled conduit lumina. Most surprisingly, embolism refilling is known to occur even when the bulk of still functioning xylem is under tension, a finding that is in seemingly contradiction to basic principles of thermodynamics. Long-distance water transport in plants relies on negative pressures established in continuous water columns in xylem conduits. Water under tension is in a metastable state and is prone to cavitation and embolism, which leads to loss of hydraulic conductance, reduced productivity and eventually plant death. . Transport of the compounds from roots to shoots reached equilibrium within 24 h, consistent with an earlier finding. . Far from being a challenge to irreversible thermodynamics, embolism refilling is emerging as a finely regulated vital process essential for plant functioning under different environmental stresses. Can we improve the time with inversion? Can embolism refilling be a mode of entry for our purposes?

The xylem, vessels and tracheids of the roots, stems and leaves are interconnected to form a continuous system of water-conducting channels reaching all parts of the plants. The system transports water and soluble mineral nutrients from the roots throughout the plant. It is also used to replace water lost during transpiration and photosynthesis. Xylem sap consists mainly of water and inorganic ions, although it can also contain a number of organic chemicals as well. The transport is passive, not powered by energy spent by the tracheary elements themselves, which are dead by maturity and no longer have living contents. Transporting sap upwards becomes more difficult as the height of a plant increases and upwards transport of water by xylem is considered to limit the maximum height of trees.[11] Three phenomena cause xylem sap to flow: Would Inversion help?

Pressure flow hypothesis: Sugars produced in the leaves and other green tissues are kept in the phloem system, creating a solute pressure differential versus the xylem system carrying a far lower load of solutes- water and minerals. The phloem pressure can rise to several MPa,[12] far higher than atmospheric pressure. Selective inter-connection between these systems allows this high solute concentration in the phloem to draw xylem fluid upwards by negative pressure.

Transpirational pull: Similarly, the evaporation of water from the surfaces of mesophyll cells to the atmosphere also creates a negative pressure at the top of a plant. This causes millions of minute menisci to form in the mesophyll cell wall. The resulting surface tension causes a negative pressure or tension in the xylem that pulls the water from the roots and soil. With root inversion Would we throw this out of whack?

If the water potential of the root cells is more negative than that of the soil, usually due to high concentrations of solute, water can move by osmosis into the root from the soil. This causes a positive pressure that forces sap up the xylem towards the leaves. In some circumstances, the sap will be forced from the leaf through a hydathode in a phenomenon known as guttation. Root pressure is highest in the morning before the stomata open and allow transpiration to begin. Different plant species can have different root pressures even in a similar environment; examples include up to 145 kPa in Vitis riparia but around zero in Celastrus orbiculatus.[13] and this

The primary force that creates the capillary action movement of water upwards in plants is the adhesion between the water and the surface of the xylem conduits.[14][15] Capillary action provides the force that establishes an equilibrium configuration, balancing gravity. When transpiration removes water at the top, the flow is needed to return to the equilibrium. Read this a few times... balancing gravity huh.

Transpirational pull results from the evaporation of water from the surfaces of cells in the leaves. This evaporation causes the surface of the water to recess into the pores of the cell wall. By capillary action, the water forms concave menisci inside the pores. The high surface tension of water pulls the concavity outwards, generating enough force to lift water as high as a hundred meters from ground level to a tree's highest branches. Wow,
Do or can we need to harness this power?

Looking a little closer at what I feed my cultivars. I think there is room for improvements.
Base veg 20-20-20 X 3 grams + 1 TBSP 5-1-1 Fish Emulsion or 10 grams 1-0-0 Organic worm casings/gal.
Flower base 10-30-20 X 3 grams + 1 TBSP 5-1-1 Fish Emulsion or 10 grams 1-0-0 Organic worm casings/gal.
FS LED Illuminated cultivars get 1 tsp extra Fish Emulsion because of increased N demand.
All water is ro filtered.

Help wanted. Need no cost or low cost solutions desired. :)

Straw Hat notes;
Aspirin decomposes rapidly in solutions of ammonium acetate or the acetates, carbonates, citrates, or hydroxides of the alkali metals. It is stable in dry air, but gradually hydrolyses in contact with moisture to acetic and salicylic acids. In solution with alkalis, the hydrolysis proceeds rapidly and the clear solutions formed may consist entirely of acetate and salicylate.[129]

One mole of salicylic acid is produced when one mole of aspirin degrades; so, using the ratio of the molecular weights of aspirin to salicylic acid, we can determine the weight of aspirin degraded for each mg of salicylic acid produced.

Therefore, each milligram of salicylic acid present represents the degradation of 1.3 milligrams of aspirin. Since the amount of aspirin initially present is known and since the amount of aspirin, which has degraded, can be determined, the amount of aspirin remaining can be calculated.
So, our 81 mg low dose aspirin will decompose into ~62.30 mg salicylic acid (SA) per tablet in water.

note to self = this was hard to find, don't lose it.

The Cali Orange clones departed the clone closet for the big lights of flower-town. This free's up enough space for us to up pot all four of our GSC clones on Saturday as scheduled. This will be the Dixie cup > 1 gal container (for a couple weeks) transition, until ready for flower up potting into 5 gal buckets. The medium consistency will remain amended coir. I will get some pics of the four spanks tomorrow. Pretty happy with the results so far. The 3 treated cuttings are far ahead of the almost failed control clone, whom is now expected to fully develop. :)

B-61 Grow Journal Veg Day #16. Faux Pro-Mix BX and Mega Crop initial full run.

Since the picture above was taken we have began LST. All plants need up-potted soon. Garden space (as usual) is a problem. Have no idea why I can't get up the gumption to make two flower rooms. The plants are currently living in a medium made of 60% peat and 40% vermiculite. The up potting medium we will use is a copy of farside's faux Pro-Mix BX, and that has just been irrigated to activate the lime. The chow is Mega Crop and they enjoy it. All green.

Late night deep hits
Most surprisingly, embolism refilling is known to occur even when the bulk of still functioning xylem is under tension, a finding that is in seemingly contradiction to basic principles of thermodynamics.

Capillary action - look at a beaker of water or a water column. You look close enough you will see at the edge of the glass where water and glass touch, the water climbs ever so slightly higher than the water not touching the glass. This is how plants overcome thermodynamics and gravity.

We can reduce this impact of embolism with a constant supply of water to the plants roots and promote transportation with more air movement across the leaf surface.

Then the reverse of capillary action in fluidics wood be how water flowers slower at the contact point of a solid (container/pipe). Then there's that whole thermal/velocity slip thing along with that whole molecular-level fluidic transport thing.

What do we REALLY know about the physical world anyway?

At the end of the day Its all theory. My hypothesis.

While at the bong, think about how plants live in an environment without gravity.
I think that's your quest here?

NASA, Space Queen and us.

“It is only through failure and through experiment that we learn and grow.”

Ahoy there!
Got to thinking while on our afternoon ride about opening eyes with a discussion of plant adrenaline and the effects on cannabinoid profiles. I need to buzz @Krissi1982 @StoneOtter @Rexer @InTheShed @Stunger to let them know so they might read it.

Oh good, we're back here again! Sorry about the other thread, but we still have a place to learn. :high-five:
Yes, we will have a proper straw hat jam tonight with plant adrenaline our topic. And this is as I have already loaded @Krissi1982 with a mountain of heavy notes she must also grasp with her capable mind. I have asked her to become my replacement here on 420 as the flame of research burns bright in her young brain. My condition has been slowly deteriorating and I think the time is here after meeting her. I will be around, but my research will be mostly behind me.

The Drought Queen @Krissi1982 has her bright future ahead of her, to share with all of us, what she will learn. :love:

Ahoy there!
In science when something is not fully understood the lab coats will say “this is not yet been elucidated”. Well tonight we will explore something that might not yet be well understood, and I hope to change some of that.

Have you ever heard stories about a panic-stricken parent picking up a car off their injured child? Feats of great and improbable strength happen all the time. Usually, we hear it said that the person had a great rush of adrenaline. Professional athletes are forbidden and tested for using adrenaline stimulants.

When you apply drought the cannabis plant will think you are trying to run over her seeds. As we have seen this results in an increase in essential oil production. What I am going to tell you is why it is critical that medicinal grade cannabis be droughted. In a drought the resin that is produced will be created during a panic attack caused by a lack of water. Gram for gram this resin will out-perform non-droughted resin in every strain, every time. Put differently, the resin created during a drought will always be stronger as the plant synthesized it during a period of existential alarm.

As we have showed the genetic mapping will be focused on species survival thereby offsetting the homeostasis normally set by the GRN. As the hormones are changed the production of essential oils will become the primary focus with shade avoidance being the first casualty of redirected plant resources resulting in wilt. Again, during this wilting time, the synthesis of oils is in high gear and being produced under other than normal circumstances. This is when the magic happens, and cannabinoids are combined in portions and ways that make them stronger. I call this “plant adrenaline” and it is when the cannabis plant can inject the energy into the resin making it stonier.

Every single person I have shared droughted flower with tells me it has something special over what they have smoked. The drought makes plant have an adrenaline rush and that makes the medicine stronger.

Good Fortunes
Dave

Ahoy there!
In science when something is not fully understood the lab coats will say “this is not yet been elucidated”. Well tonight we will explore something that might not yet be well understood, and I hope to change some of that.

Have you ever heard stories about a panic-stricken parent picking up a car off their injured child? Feats of great and improbable strength happen all the time. Usually, we hear it said that the person had a great rush of adrenaline. Professional athletes are forbidden and tested for using adrenaline stimulants.

When you apply drought the cannabis plant will think you are trying to run over her seeds. As we have seen this results in an increase in essential oil production. What I am going to tell you is why it is critical that medicinal grade cannabis be droughted. In a drought the resin that is produced will be created during a panic attack caused by a lack of water. Gram for gram this resin will out-perform non-droughted resin in every strain, every time. Put differently, the resin created during a drought will always be stronger as the plant synthesized it during a period of existential alarm.

As we have showed the genetic mapping will be focused on species survival thereby offsetting the homeostasis normally set by the GRN. As the hormones are changed the production of essential oils will become the primary focus with shade avoidance being the first casualty of redirected plant resources resulting in wilt. Again, during this wilting time, the synthesis of oils is in high gear and being produced under other than normal circumstances. This is when the magic happens, and cannabinoids are combined in portions and ways that make them stronger. I call this “plant adrenaline” and it is when the cannabis plant can inject the energy into the resin making it stonier.

Every single person I have shared droughted flower with tells me it has something special over what they have smoked. The drought makes plant have an adrenaline rush and that makes the medicine stronger.

Good Fortunes
Dave
I am so anxious to embark on this journey and to load up the ship with as many like and unlike minds as I can. I can personally attest for the adrenaline that the droughted flower provides. It is immediate and impactful. This raises the bar to infinite levels of what our cannabis can produce and provide medicinally

Well explained Maritimer!

If you're growing to get high
It'll behove you to get dry!

Leaving out the water
Is what you otter

Do to the degree
To build thc!

:love: That's no lie!

I'm one of your first drought adopters and I'll not go back. Been from the beginning now and I don't miss doing it willingly! Drought is the way to do things here now.

Hang in Brother!

Back
Top Bottom