Exceptionally High FECO Yields

What do you think about with a long flowering sativa that finishes at 14 weeks? Any idea of when to initiate the drought?
The long bloom strains are treated with identical protocols used with the short bloomers in that the drought should be initiated when the plant is 14 days from the anticipated harvest date. This allows for a full eleven day drought plus a couple days after fertigation, before you harvest. If (as is often the case) the drought attains fifty degrees of accumulated wilt before the 11 days, you rescue and resume normal gardening until she is ready.

After a few runs you will begin to get a feel for this cannabis crafting we describe. And btw I have never yet seen a sativa actually go a full 98 days in active bloom. :hookah:

Thanks @Maritimer. I hope you are right. I have 2 different Angel’s Breathe (mango haze x afghan haze) x colombian’78 going on week 3. The guy I got the seeds from ran the mother 20weeks. I’m doing mature clones at 10/14. I’m optimistic for under 14 in my set up.
I am not understanding? Ran the mother 20 weeks ? What do you mean you are doing mature clones at 10/14 ? optimistic for under 14 ?
I just woke so maybe its me. LOL

Ahoy there!,
Today I received my replacement seeds from the folks at SOS along with some nice gifts. Anyhow I still have 1 K 47 and 5 Northern Lights from that order. Considering the low germination rates we saw I will be playing a bit.

We will take some Willow Brass from the spring of 2018 and use it as both the soaking bath and with the waterboards as well. This will not only serve to amuse me but what if ... :hookah:

How’s the Bandaid Haze doing? @CannaFish
@Pennywise Excellent! I’ve got 5 bandaid rooted and growing happily in cups of happy frog. How’s everything with you?

@Maritimer sorry for the confusing post.
I’m growing 2 different cuttings from angels breathe x Colombian. I vegged those clones for about 2 weeks at 24/0 and also topped them, so they are mature and have a good root system.
Now they are flowering under 10 hours on and 14 hours off. I’m hoping they will finish by 14 weeks.
The mother of these plants (angels breathe) took 20 weeks at 12 on 12 off before it was harvested.
The father side came from some Colombian gold seeds that have been frozen since the late seventies. He reckons it was from Colombian gold. These plants could be amazing or not, I’ll have to wait and see. I’ll get photos up once there are recognizable buds forming.

Ahoy there!
Quick garden update as our renovations have now been completed. We are repositioning the super powerful CM bars between the rafters to lift them another 7 inches or so. The HID garden is reverting back to bloom room 1 and the blowers will now push the hot air over to the cooler LED garden to be exhausted. The Mylar is up and adds to the heat management problem in that it also insulates and has sealed many cool air drafts that helped us in the past. A 600 HPS is pretty hot without a proper air cooled hood. Wonder aloud (just now) why I have never gotten one? Dang.

The seedlings and cuttings in veg are now up potted and no longer fragile. From this crew, the Black Stankberry clones will be taken that will be used in our upcoming faceoff between HID 600w and FSLED 400w. I can already tell you the HID stands little chance in terms of both quality and quantity. This is a shocker to an HID fella like me. :bongrip:

The last gentleman to say that to me was the owner of the hydro store. He never grew inside in the summer because of heat. Now he rants on LED. This was last week!
I had awesome results from my 300 FSLED but was not satisfied with the footprint. Especially in flower. These new bars are 36 inches above the canopy. This allows a pair of 200 watts each bars to compete with a 5' X 5' canopy that a 600 HID provides.

I might have a problem. I ordered Pro-Mix LP (can't get the HP) thinking I could add some perlite. I forgot this exspensive medium has mycrcorizine and I am clueless. @InTheShed bro?

Oh, gotcha. BX has perlite and vermiculite in it, but still is a lot more peat than the HP.

Perlite sheds water and vermiculite retains it, but I would start by adding perlite at about 20% of the total mix. I rinse my perlite before I use it to clear out all the dust.

Straw Hat notes;
The use of BHO yields will no longer be included in any of our statistical analysis. With the absence of a certified testing lab that will do me free, I will look too rosin/gram as my measure of the cannabinoid profile. Not a perfect science, and we are open to any suggestions.

The BHO pulls had too many control deficiencies, and controversial results. Remember when I decarbed exactly 1 gram of it and lost 30%. No good. Decarbed 6 grams of alcohol extract (FECO) today and lost nothing.

Nice job getting those to sprout!
Thanks @InTheShed It was a friend that saved, froze and germinated them with help from GA3. He grew them out, saved the pollen and shared it. Another friend hit his Angel Breathe Haze keeper with the pollen and now I'm growing the Haze x Lumbo! I plan on babying them all the way through flower then let them dry out the last 2 weeks like @Maritimer outlined above. Here's a close-up @4wks since flip...

abc.jpg

Ahoy my 420 friends,
My duty status has been downgraded.
Maritimer is no longer seaworthy.
My main mast has seen too many storms and cannot now bear a full sail.
With that said, I will report this thread closed to the moderator.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom