Exceptionally High FECO Yields

Aye,
The wheelhouse has a more comfortable feel to it now.
With a warm hand on the pilots shoulder, the Captain instills in him the confidence to ply the unknown.

Many thanks my Brother
We press on.

@Graytail putting on the old straw hat again tonight.
getting closer to a bold prediction;
ABA is the hormone that we will someday use to grow super medicine for the folks.
Worded another way;
ABA is the hormone our stoners will feed their plants in quantities only Arnold could handle. LOL

The phenomenon of phenotypic plasticity allows our plants to actually alter their own morphology in response to your grow tent. When foliar material (leaf) is showing the effects of phenotypic plasticity it is described as heterophlly.

Heterophlly can be a plants response to light intensity changes, light quality changes, ambient temperature changes, and last but not least water availability. Zotz et.al.2011 puts it nice and fancy saying “heterophylly is expressed as the environmentally induced switch between two or more leaf morphologies in the same plant”. Another study in 2015 stated this is perceived to be an adaptive mechanism that allows the girls to optimally respond to environmental changes.

Your Northern Lights responds to abiotic stressors by creating a hormone called ABA that is thought synthesized in specialized plant parts called ABA biosynthetic genes. These tiny molecules are called a sesquiterpenes and they are cannabis helpers and police in controlling growth and development as well as our drought stress responses.

There have been gobs of studies, especially in aquatic plants that can sense water level and availability and further substantiate ABA as a regulator of heterophylly. Listen to this Green Crack “The origin of ABA signaling pathway is thought to be ancient and is conserved in the green plant lineage”.

“In plants, increased ABA levels under water-deficit conditions result mainly from increased de novo biosynthesis through the transcriptional activation of ABA biosynthetic genes; the inhibition of transcription or translation impairs stress-induced ABA biosynthesis” So that means what? We should not inhibit transcription or translation. Uhm.
:peace:
To be continued;

I'm so sorry to hear about your devastating diagnosis MT. I hope every remaining day here on earth is filled with joy, both in and out of the grow-room. Of course, I wish that for everyone here, but that goes without saying.
Be well.
:Namaste:
Thank you for the kind words. It should not have came up. Not going anywhere soon. I have dense calcification of the coronary arteries. Mortality rates 98% fatal at 3.1 years. Loyola cardiologist working with me documenting treatment with RSO. Heart functions have already improved, even refrac. We will document in my federal health records all canamedicines. If I can outrun this, I will try. It's all good to go here! Got me straw hat on. :peace:

No sign of droop yet on the c99 blueberry. There is however a more noticeable fruity c99 type aroma. She doesn't usually have much smell at all.
Dave, I am excited for you. I am excited for us.
This is gonna change the way we grow Im thinking.
I haven't seen any info on cardiology and THC therapies so that's interesting news. Keep us posted on that as well!
The calcification is what I am targeting. The heart is just coming along (thank goodness) for the ride. This is not conventional clinic treatment. I am self administering and the doctors are more or less just taking notes.
Fun part is putting it in the feds face. But I think they know they are wrong.

The four forest dream cultivars participating in this study have all been jarred as of today.

Control Cultivars FD 1 & 2​

FD #1 = 515 Grams Control Cultivar air dried to 111 grams /jarred and curing

FD #2 = 435 Grams Control Cultivar air dried to 114 grams/jarred and curing

Drought Stress Cultivars FD 3 & 4​

FD #3 = 346 Grams Delta Cultivar air dried to 54 grams/ jarred and curing

FD #4 = 540 Grams Delta Cultivar air dried to 104 grams/jarred open

During and after the grow notes;
Going into the scrog we observed FD #3 was clearly under-performing her seed sisters. We had to elevate her container to engage the scrog along with her seed sisters. She was partly chosen because of her diminutive size inviting a look at how smaller container plants may perform. She was in a 5 gal container but her size looked like a good comparison to how a good 1 gal cultivar might look. The girls enjoyed perfect weather (temp & RH) and regular fertigation’s. A note about the chow, the flower nutes were given at my normal strength as I had not yet gotten onboard with “less is more” approach yet. The illumination began under 56w FS LED in the clone closet, then 315w FS LED for veg, then 600 HPS for flower. The cultivars had 3 separate occasions they were given Wormstrap Tea (1galRO/112gcasing/2 TBS organic blackstrap molasses) end of veg/30 days flower/end of drought application. The nutrition utilized JR Peters 20-20-20 & 10-30-20.

The Clones that are participating in our study are doing well. The two control plants are obviously in better shape than the Delta babes but they are getting normal fertigation. The stressed cultivars are not going to go anywhere near 11 days. C3 will probably be rescued tomorrow and C4 the next day. With smaller containers and plants sizes involved, it is looking like the trend may be that the target wilt of 50* will occur earlier than with larger plants and containers.

The straw hat will be coming out tonight as we press on with some data mining of information related to better arrangement of the next grow to accommodate more drought stress application studies. Is this thread supposed to carry over to the next grow, or should we start new journals with new grows?

I'd keep it here, since it's less a grow journal and more an ongoing experiment!

Without me reading Caplan's work, how big were his pots and was he in soil?
5 Gal soil was coco mix for veg then changed to MYZ for flower.
Shed I have to look, need to print the darn thing out so I have it. LOL

At 15 days after transplant, 49 plants with similar height and canopy size were selected and transferred into a larger walk-in growth chamber (130 m2) for the flowering stage. This was considered the first day of the flowering stage (DFS). Plants were up-potted into 6 L blow-molded black pots (220 mm diameter × 220 mm height) containing Pro-Mix HP Mycorrhizae (Premier Tech Horticulture) and spaced on growing tables at a density of 6.4 plants·m-2

At 15 days after transplant, 49 plants with similar height and canopy size were selected and transferred into a larger walk-in growth chamber (130 m2) for the flowering stage. This was considered the first day of the flowering stage (DFS). Plants were up-potted into 6 L blow-molded black pots (220 mm diameter × 220 mm height) containing Pro-Mix HP Mycorrhizae (Premier Tech Horticulture) and spaced on growing tables at a density of 6.4 plants·m-2
That's what MYZ stands for? ;)

So the plants were in ProMix HP in 6 liter (approx 1.5 g) pots and they survived an 11 day drought? Have I got that right?

He used different setups at different stages. MYZ is the pro mix you use

you need time to study 158 pages i will be reading it again tonight.

That's what MYZ stands for? ;)

So the plants were in ProMix HP in 6 liter (approx 1.5 g) pots and they survived an 11 day drought? Have I got that right?
No, I think he transplants again for flower/edit looks like your right. I thought he went bigger.

With his medium faster at drying than mine, that's weird. I dont see any going that long in a 1.5 gal. with my homegrown setup.

Back
Top Bottom