Exceptionally High FECO Yields

The timing of drought for end of life cycle is best as you described above. I goofed up applying the drought too early with the Cali. The good news is we are finding ways to get more from our plants.

And we share the info; cannabis gardeners are mostly private people out of necessity. But here we can help each other get gardening better. This is cool stuff.

The Cali clone is being grown for my cutting's school, where I hope to drastically improve my cutting survival rates. We got Dip n Grow, new fancy heated mattress, super dixie domes, something should live. something!

Additionally we hope to renew some clone controlled studies as the Cali really responded well to JA stimulation so we should be spraying our MeJA ester on her clones this summer. We hope. :)

Guys, are you saying it's best to drought just before the chop rather than at week 7 ?
or do you drought twice?

Thanks
The original studies included examination of different drought timing and multiple drought applications. The docs work suggest early drought and multiple droughts are both inferior to results that coincide with end of bloom timing. I have never went early except by accident. I would not try to double dip the effect by using multiple droughts.

The only way to be reasonably sure of when the end of bloom will occur is to be using clones in your application. With clones they will perform the same reproductive schedule their mother had. If she finished bloom in 55 days, her clones will as well. With seed stock plants considered for drought, you look at the genetics of the parents to give bloom expectations. Hybrids are a class of their own. Depending on the ratio of sativa/indica with additional consideration for phenotype divergence it gets really tricky.

Best answer is we shoot for end of life. What you think is near the end and do it. Two of my favorite gardeners @stoneotter and @Emilya have been involved with another method that also should add to the sticky pile we try and make. They are screwing fasteners into the main stem. That is sure to stimulate some JA signaling. :)

The original studies included examination of different drought timing and multiple drought applications. The docs work suggest early drought and multiple droughts are both inferior to results that coincide with end of bloom timing. I have never went early except by accident. I would not try to double dip the effect by using multiple droughts.

The only way to be reasonably sure of when the end of bloom will occur is to be using clones in your application. With clones they will perform the same reproductive schedule their mother had. If she finished bloom in 55 days, her clones will as well. With seed stock plants considered for drought, you look at the genetics of the parents to give bloom expectations. Hybrids are a class of their own. Depending on the ratio of sativa/indica with additional consideration for phenotype divergence it gets really tricky.

Best answer is we shoot for end of life. What you think is near the end and do it. Two of my favorite gardeners @stoneotter and @Emilya have been involved with another method that also should add to the sticky pile we try and make. They are screwing fasteners into the main stem. That is sure to stimulate some JA signaling. :)
Interesting.
I found an old post on these forums from Kidgrow 420 that looked interesting and would be worth trying.
It ties in with both your methods

Below

"I have learned and use several techniques towards the end of my grows to help swell the resin glands and almost quadruple trichome production. It's a old techinique I have mentioned on here before (around the formus) in guidling and helping people get the most out of their crop... The last 2 weeks of flush is standard. No matter what you grow with or how you grow it. That simple. BUT, in the last 48-56 hours of the plants life another "technique" I use comes into play. I switch the humidity down to 25-32%, then hit em with a 8/16 light schedule. This 8 hours of light and 16 of dark sends the plant into HEAVY Trichome production and swells the resin sacks to the size of grapes. In most cases (with me) the trichome production AT LEAST triples. I also in the last 48 hours like to make a cut at the base of the plants stock. A simple cut half way through the stock or a little less will send this plant into even heavier trichome and resin production. The plant thinks it's being eaten by a deer or animal and when you hit them with the 8/16 sched... Man o Man. It tricks the plant into thinking it's day is defiantly numbered by insinuating winter is upon her and shes getting eaten... These techniques towards in the last 48-56 hours will not only help you get bigger stickier buds. But it will also give you substantial increase in potency. BUT, do not let it go to long or your plant will nanner. And we obviously do not want this. This is why I say the last 48-56 hours. After many tests I find this is the "sweet spot" and wont deal with any nanners."

Awesome find Desormais,
A tip of the Stetson goes out too Kidgrow 420.
We all want grape size trikes, I think...

I am gonna be screwing around with all this. LOL :bongrip:

Awesome find Desormais,
A tip of the Stetson goes out too Kidgrow 420.
We all want grape size trikes, I think...

I am gonna be screwing around with all this. LOL :bongrip:
Yes, take it with a pinch of salt but worthy areas to experiment on.

On a youtube video last year, a grower said that in the last couple of weeks, he put a couple of cable ties around the very base of the stem, close to soil.
This was to stop the plant splitting as he cut through the stem vertically with a scalpel between the cable ties and then pushed a popsicle stick through the slit and left it there.
There seems to be something in making the plant think it's number is up.

From my last grow:
screwed 1.png

That is putting the screw to her. Great pic Em

How long before the chop?
it was an experiment... one went 36 hours in darkness after this intrusion while two more went a full 72 hours. This was the culmination of several things... the temperature had been going down in the last couple of weeks... the daytime was slowly slipping away and the lights had been reduced just a bit in intensity. I make no bones about it... the end is coming.

it was an experiment... one went 36 hours in darkness after this intrusion while two more went a full 72 hours. This was the culmination of several things... the temperature had been going down in the last couple of weeks... the daytime was slowly slipping away and the lights had been reduced just a bit in intensity. I make no bones about it... the end is coming.
Emilya, can you please direct me to where you posted this and what the results were?
I find that I am often looking for a needle in a haystack here.

Thanks.

Ahoy 420,
I just had a peek at @Emilya thread just mentioned, plus @stoneotter, and folks I gotta say that putting the screws to them, and keeping them in the dark sounds a whole lot easier than what I have been doing. A whole lot easier.

Drought works, but a major hassle. This warrants some consideration. Perhaps best considered with a hot cup of coffee and a warm hash pipe. :bongrip:

Time for change I am thinking.

Funny, I'm finding drought my go to method. As I don't have a place to darken for any amount of time and putting the screws to them just doesn't seem enough. I don't know. What I do know is when I give them some dry out time at the end, i can actually see trichomes multiply one moment when I open the tent. I've seen it 2 out of 2 grows I've studied closely. I didn't add the screw or slice this last time either and saw it happen.

I have to say the reversion to 18/6 at the end info yesterday here was very interesting.I might have to give that a try. They do go all bug when that happens hormonal wise I believe.

So many ways to achieve trichomocity, we might have to find and try them all.

Back
Top Bottom