Exceptionally High FECO Yields

Seems like you could get two drought stress periods in that time. So might be more advantageous. Cheers

Trichomes serve a variety of functions, depending on their location. As root hairs (and as leaf hairs in epiphytes), trichomes absorb water and minerals. As leaf hairs, they reflect radiation, lower plant temperature, and reduce waterloss. They also provide defense against insects.

A reminder what trichomes do. Huge simplification, but you can see where drought would trigger the plant to increase production.

This is a fun topic Maritimer, thanks. I saw something on utube a while back, where a well know owner of the a major nute company visited brothers growing outdoor weed. I don't know him, but you might. That was the topic. To water starve them in late flower for trich overproduction. I'll do a search later and try to get back with it. I also have a plant I'm flowering in the next few weeks and I'd love to try it!

It was hard to hear over the interviewer's self-importance, but I think he said they water less than normal to induce drought conditions for three days, and then the other blonde guy says three days no water.

Then they move on to more conflicting information, where one says water normally after drought and then chop, while the other guy says chop immediately after drought.

:hmmmm:

It was hard to hear over the interviewer's self-importance, but I think he said they water less than normal to induce drought conditions for three days, and then the other blonde guy says three days no water.

Then they move on to more conflicting information, where one says water normally after drought and then chop, while the other guy says chop immediately after drought.

And don't blow up the trichs!

I grow in lava rock hempys with inorganic nutrients. When I figure that my plants look like they have just a couple of weeks left I begin feeding ph'd tap water. I let the media dry out til the plant droops and then water again, about every three days. This seems to bring on the frost quite well.

Another way I attempt to increase potency is by only harvesting the top half of the plant, then continue the drought cycle for the bottom half until the buds are to my liking. This can increase density, but it definitely increases frost in my world

They did say they harvest the top of the plant and let the rest mature some more so maybe they do 3 days of drought then chop the top and water again for the rest of the plant. Then again they also said they let the plant wilt some too so they have to water again or the plant will die. I've always timed my chop at the end of a watering cycle, so if the plant needs watered every 3 or 4 days, I'll time the chop for the last day. I'll lift the pot and if it is really light I'll chop, if it still has some weight to it I'll wait another day.

Is there a link somewhere to the original study ? I’m in the bush at the very edge of cell service and on a phone.
Hi Oldbear,
I have a copy of the entire study and two others as well also written by Caplan but it is 158 pages and is on my computer in an AVG document file. I cannot figure how to convert it to a word document so I could upload it. Not sure, can we even upload a file like that so everyone could see it? The other two experiments cover optimal ferilization rates and cutting sucess rates for cloning with and without root hormone. Good stuff if I can share it.

Hello InTheShed,
Caplan cautions each strain and pheno could be different. When I ran the experimental grow here on 420 I noticed after 8 days the GG4 was at 51* LWA and had to be rescued while the NL plants went the full 11 days and never got past 45* of wilt.
This grow I will be repeating the experiment using a Sativa strain, again monitoring leaf wilt angles. I have no idea how the plant will perform. The medium is also important and should be quick drying. I am going to try a file upload toggle I just spotted. Nope, says not an allowed extension???

Maratimer no chance of finding Dr Kaplans work huh?
I think he (Caplan) changed it to research sites I do not have access to. I have it on my computer, plus two other of his experiments but cant figure out how to post it or upload it somehow. 158 page pdf that my computer calls a AVG hotmail document, whatever that is. This blows cause I really want to share this stuff I found from his thesis. He even had a you tube video that I have not looked for, but that was free and online about a year ago.

Back
Top Bottom