Exceptionally High FECO Yields

Awesome pics, speaking of container size Caplan talks of the importance of the containers and the medium composition that is utilized. I try to follow his lead but cant really afford the coco with myz. My current mix is 60% coco coir, 20% FFOF, 10% Perlite, 10% Worm casings. This grow is also in 5 gal buckets but the grow previous was using Kitty litter containers around 3.5 gal. I think regardless of container size the key may be in observed LWA reaching 50* greater than turgid values. Then enough stress has been induced and the cultivar is rescued.

Wow, I just finished reading a bunch here on 420 and I guess the resultant information overload should have been expected. In very short order I began to realize that I had a great deal of learning to do at the very place I had intended to showcase my gardening prowess. Example: If I knew how to private message members I would already privately asked Oldbear whatever is cobbing? Having questions and finding answers is easier after I decarboxilate my self. Back to school.:peace:

Thank You

Wow, I just finished reading a bunch here on 420 and I guess the resultant information overload should have been expected. In very short order I began to realize that I had a great deal of learning to do at the very place I had intended to showcase my gardening prowess. Example: If I knew how to private message members I would already privately asked Oldbear whatever is cobbing? Having questions and finding answers is easier after I decarboxilate my self. Back to school.:peace:

Cobbing: The Essentials

and

Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

I just read through the study ... :nomo:

The strain they used was harvested at 54 days of bloom cycle, and they were separated into groups for treatment at 39 days. It was a CBD dominant strain with more than 50% CBD.

So the drought treatment is for the very end of bloom.. :bongrip:

Hello @Graytail
I need to read the study again but I think your numbers are accurate and remember thinking 39 days plus eleven of drought makes 50 days with 4 days of bliss after being rescued, only then to be chopped. I did not fully understand his definition of Chemvar 1 & 2 type cultivars. My approach is similar to @SweetSue in first wanting to identify strains that will respond favorably to what (I believe) Caplan has proven an effective way to increase THC and CBD concentrations in our harvested plants. Looks like he spent the money and had proper testing performed. Hopefully, somewhere along the way the good Doc enjoyed testing some user satisfaction indicators as well. :peace:

Today is day 7 of my Sativa stress and the girls are talking to me saying "what about me" as I fertigate their control plant sisters.

Please join CANNABIS OIL SUCCESS STORIES on Facebook. After joining please post this info.

Or you could carry it over yourself, now that Oldbear found the pdf. Invite them to join us here, and we can centralize the effort. I’ve found this crew to be particularly adept at successful brainstorming and experimentation. :battingeyelashes:

Forest Dream Calendar
I dont count a bunch of days other grower might.
pre-veg & pre-flower times I call them.
Other studies look at good weather days and bad, so I just kinda look at plant shock days like bad weather days. Not that my plants are ever really shocked or stressed unintentionally, but seedling days and switchover circadian adjustment times dont count against the plants time in the flowering room.

Well I dont think I am doing file uploads correctly somehow. I just tried to upload my word document that my grow calendar is on and I get the message extension not allowed.
Same thing when I was trying to upload Caplan's studies. Sorry, in time I will finger this out.

I tell you this much, just reading his study again has me wanting to re plan my next grow already.

In pollinated female plants, THC content can be reduced by over 75% per unit area (Potter, 2004)

Worth remembering.

I tell you this much, just reading his study again has me wanting to re plan my next grow already.

I’m going to load it onto my iPad and read while I fly. Fascinating reading that has me wishing it was time to set up a tent again. :battingeyelashes:

We can copy and paste the parts we find most relevant to the conversation, if getting the whole document is too much. The link was very helpful, and I immediately started thinking of where we could load it in page-by-page so we don’t lose it again.

So lost in the read I missed that it’s time for breakfast. :laughtwo:

I grow in ground outdoors from seeds and would like to test this out. There are always phenotypic differences-once again for 3 GG4 plants so I've got genetic differences that potentially confound a study, and likely location differences as well. I see how clones in pots could work but is there any way to study with my set up?

I grow a lot and give most away so the answer's more academic but I have wondered about such stressing over the years. So Oldbear's advice not to worry it works for me too.
I second your response, Oldgrowth. I grow similar to you, except I only grow during the summer (up North). I was wondering if anyone could brainstorm how to drought stress in the ground on a low budget. I'm resolved to staying the way it is right now. Just wondering (as is the gentleman before me) how to go about this. Thanks. Cheers
In 1978 I was visiting a Mexican farm tended by Indians about 60 miles south of Tijuana and I observed the boys using long poles unrolling a huge tarp over the entire grow plot as a rare rainstorm was approaching. I tried to inquire but was met with harsh glares as I opened my mouth. Never thought it was very discreet, thinking it would attract attention but later was told the DEA does not fly in bad weather so nobody would see the tarp that matters. No water makes plants strong!!!

About Fruitilla​

Today I reported during the daily trike inspections that the examinations have determined that her life cycle has passed thru reasonable expectation for successful participation in our study due to her living environment being located underneath a 315Watt Full Spectrum LED that has (also noted previous grows) shortened the flowering time. With that said the gardener has withdrawn the cultivar Fruitilla from our Caplan play.
All fun aside we cant use Fruitilla, sorry she goes down Friday.

I should say that this is a bummer because I have never "Capped" a cultivar under LED before, and this opportunity has now passed me bye. Next grow we must investigate varieties of LED illuminated cultivars observing responses to Capping.

I do not want to violate any policies here, however I am a friend of Robert Manes who is President of Tall Trees LED Company in Phoenix and I am a field tester for the company. They send me lights and I conduct reviews of the provided equipment. I am not a compensated endorser and the only expectation placed on me by TallTreesLED was to be honest in my product reviews.
No worries; I am not here to sell lights
but the picture tells a story, don't it!
:peace:

I only mention this as I am new to LED growing and feel still amazed at the good lights capabilities. I mentioned fewer days in flower, and Im for the 4th time in a row witnessing the phenomena with this light. The sister plants under HPS are still covered in white hairs, and this gem is so close I have to leave the house to keep from chopping. She is only on flower day 49. Just a baby, but It is hard to argue with X30 Magnification.

In 1978 I was visiting a Mexican farm tended by Indians about 60 miles south of Tijuana and I observed the boys using long poles unrolling a huge tarp over the entire grow plot as a rare rainstorm was approaching. I tried to inquire but was met with harsh glares as I opened my mouth. Never thought it was very discreet, thinking it would attract attention but later was told the DEA does not fly in bad weather so nobody would see the tarp that matters. No water makes plants strong!!!

Intriguing..... all this time we’ve been missing the mark, trying to grow “pretty” plants. :laughtwo:

Out in the woods with the dog. He is only way to find the girls out here. Anyhow I was thinking this is pretty big and 420 reporter should front page this story and let others become aware of the empirical study we are replicating. Thoughts

Send him a message. I agree that this is something to get excited about. :battingeyelashes:

I do not want to violate any policies here,

It violates guidelines if you promote a light company that isn’t a sponsor. Mentioning a company doesn’t fall under the definition of promoting. You’re fine.

Friend or it, you owe it to yourself to try quantum boards. Splitting the light up into multiple spots spread across the canopy has proven to be a most effective way to penetrate the leaf cover and grow huge buds down on the surface. Qbs eliminate the shadow zones.

Thanks for clearing that up SS. With the good company I am keeping here (thanks mostly to you) on 420, it makes imperative that I conform in all ways complimentary to our hosts expectations. I need you all too much to loose it. :peace:

I need to do some pictures of the LWA numbers I am getting tomorrow using the angle measuring tool I use. Records are important. You might not remember ( I cant remember) so I record everything. It is especially important to get good turgid values recorded from plants fully satisfied and happy. That becomes zero for your measurements. Say your initial LWAT is 47* (leaf wilt angle turgid) and after a week you measure the exact same leaf branch intersection and you record 97* the change is wilt. LWAS (leaf wilt angle stressed) we calculate 47 - 97 = (-50). This would signal enough drought has been applied to the cultivar to qualify for our consideration in this experiment, and the immediate necessity is to rescue the cultivar. I begin as soon as the entry in the grow log has been made and of course that is very important. After a 20% runoff saturation I wait about an hour and give her another splash. Im getting nervous about one of the girls who's numbers have accelerated in decay of turgid. We shall see.

I cannot report any noticeable changes to the plants appearance other than sag and or wilt. Trike inspections with 20 and 30 X Magnification luges present hopeful indications of increased trichome concentrations on branchial ,foliar, and floral materials examined. These inspections are made easier and more reliable using tape or another means to identify each spot on the plant. I use 1/2 inch blue painters tape wrapped around stems with numbers written on the tape. I do not have the means to try and count actual trikes per cm. But I think we may have something cooking here. Proof of course for me will be when I determine how much FECO yield the cultivars end up producing. We have 2 stressed and 2 control plants remaining in this experiments field of participants. Not statistically sound with too few cultivars under consideration but a step in the right direction perhaps. I have a cool soil moisture tool that goes 12 inches below surface looking for moisture. Not cool enough for our use in recording values but a great tool for the new coco gardener to use to help understand how the medium performs.

If something bad happens it will be me trying to upload files :peace:

We did not get the pictures taken today as I became pressed for time. During our inspection we noticed both drought stressed plants physically look very sad. LWAS measurements jumped to mid 40 range with the rate of change apparently picking up speed. I doubt either plant will be able to go the full 11 days, or more directly I believe both plants will have attained at least 50* of wilt (LWAS) by lights on in the morning. Tomorrow is day 10 of the drought. Control plants look healthy and happy. I have a batch of wormstrap tea brewing over night I will dilute and give the girls after I satisfy the immediate drought induced thirst.

It's looking more like a mad scientists laboratory than my kitchen now, but I made some tinctures and my first batch of pressure cooker cannabis oil using fresh undried buds. Im gonna catch some serious grief when the wife tries to find the coffee maker at 5 am.

Plan to do another 150 minutes in the am with the pressure cooker after reading it would benefit the potency. This might be silly but after being way committed to trying this today it was not until after I poured the oil over the buds that I noticed my Instant Pot is not an Instant Pot but a Crock-Pot Express Crock Multi-Cooker. Some different buttons but I think I fingered it out. Have to wait until 150 minute timer ends before it auto switches to keep warm. Had to stay awake to shut that auto function off, kinda sucks. No way to pre-unselect it.

Back
Top Bottom