Exceptionally High FECO Yields

As expected yesterday, both our stressed cultivars have now exceeded our LWAS target of 50* with FD3 hitting 53* and FD4 measuring an alarming 57* after dropping almost 20* in last 48 hours. Neither cultivar was able to go the full 11 days, as was the case with GG4 that required rescue after only 8 days. Both plants have been re hydrated using room temperature RO and now have been fed a bit of wormstrap tea as a kind of thank you from the gardener.

The trike inspections again give hope that compared with my control plants I see increased concentrations of the little bulbous critters, however I caution that this old hippie has been known to see beautiful women smile at him if he looks hard enough. We still have a good deal of lower tier flowers exhibiting continued growth development more in line with our flowering expectations from a "pure" Sativa. Im still freaking a bit about chopping Fruitilla at such a young age, LED or not. I am a very patient grower who relishes each day I spend with the girls. The full jars in proper storage make this possible. I can remember smoking fan leaves right off the plant before the internet was invented as no stash was upon me.
:peace:
That reminds me of a saying I heard before that sure rings true with my experiences.
Weed will get you through times of no money,
far better than money will get you through times of no weed.

Highya Guys,

I can remember smoking fan leaves right off the plant before the internet was invented as no stash was upon me.

I remember being there. I guess we all have. I appreciate more being able to smoke at will now!!

Weed will get you through times of no money,
far better than money will get you through times of no weed.
And it's still true today! Cheers

[QUOTE="InTheShed,
Well there goes this experiment! ;)

Ahoy Shed,
I read earlier you helped keep a person honest. Your post mentioning the word experiment had me checking over my control mechanisms and the like. Awesome.

Anyhow I have not mentioned it but all the Capping experiments I am and have conducted so far are illuminated by a single 600W HPS bulb with an open air wing reflector. Im pretty sure Caplan ran a HID light over each plot of six plants but that is from memory and I have to check again, might have been four plants. I run 4 under the nets.

About the Forest Dream Controls and Considerations​

• The Medium was thoroughly mixed in a large container prior to drawing out each container individually. This was to ensure identical drainage characteristics between the containers.
  • Identical containers are used to ensure root patterns are similar.
  • Individual containers are all set on resin shelves 3 inches above the floor for insulation.
  • All scrogs are identical dimensions with top of soil to net being around 9 inches.
  • All plants receive nearly the same light footprint at canopy level.
  • All plants receive identical nutrition with additional RO water satisfying most of extra thirst.
  • All plants receive identical pruning and LST scrog patterns, (sweet 16 cola trim).
  • All plants to be harvested, dried, and cured to approximately 15% moisture content.
  • The cultivars are from seed and therefore chemosensitivities may confound results. The control and stress plants should all be selected from clones.
  • All plants were healthy and happy during LWAT recordings.
  • Humidity and temperatures have been reasonably maintained throughout all growth stages.
  • FD 1 and FD 2 will be harvested as the control, FD 3 and FD 4 will be harvested as the delta.
The Medium has a direct effect on this experiment. If your using FFOF your drying time will be slower than with a coco substrate. This might be mitigated somewhat by using leaf wilt angle regardless of medium moisture readings. In other words, 50 degrees of wilt will get the effect regardless of medium drainage properties.

Gardeners note;
Example harvest drying I try to follow;
1000 grams wet hanging weight
After manicure weight 600 grams. Stems, fan leaves, larger node leaves removed during or after 3 days of open air drying.
Dry down to 25% of 600 grams = 150 grams
Burp remaining 150 grams to final cure desired.

[QUOTE="InTheShed,
BTW, how are you going to gauge the potential increase in THC/CBD, through testing?

I can't afford testing, plan is to identically produce FECO in 100 gram batches. Compare control plant yield in grams of CCO with the test plant 100 gram batches. I am open to suggestions of additional testing.

Phone hates me, I will take 100 grams of dried flower, extract with 190, strain, evaporate all 190 calling the leftovers CCO. Compare who makes what. The statistical analysis and what levels of confidence they may generate is why I say I welcome help. Do you think with just 4 plants we are wasting time and will not be able to answer the question of whether or not this helps or hinders or objective?

I think 4 plants is a good home experiment and a jumping off point for future experiments. But the variables in the processes after harvest add to the uncertainty. If you get a percentage difference that seems beyond the potential uncertainty, then you can repeat the drought process with the next grow and see if those differences are repeatable.

Lab testing is really the way to get an accurate picture, or one of the home test kits they sell. Neither are cheap, but they will be more accurate.

On the other hand, as long as you like the results your getting from the drought-induced plants, you have at least answered the question for your own grow.

I appreciate you taking time and helping me make this a great growing experience that with refinements could develop into a game changer for us poor folks. That's why I'm asking for help refining the process Caplan presents us with. If he was right we can greatly reduce non growers patient costs.

I previously got 10% return on a 100 gram batch and was told that was high and the plants had not been stressed. Then I stressed the last grow and forgot about it until I went to make new meds and bang 16% I have 4 clones at 32 days of flower from cultivar FD2 that we will have at our disposal after this harvest.

Ok I’m the plant. I’m thirsty what do I do? Those measures fail and no water found. Now what do I do?

Retain moisture. Perhaps move the fluids used in the recent, emergency root growth to other things, like, oh I don't know, fill up these little, liquid storage bags? :)

Great thread!

I previously got 10% return on a 100 gram batch and was told that was high and the plants had not been stressed. Then I stressed the last grow and forgot about it until I went to make new meds and bang 16% I have 4 clones at 32 days of flower from cultivar FD2 that we will have at our disposal after this harvest.
That's huge Maritimer.

Ahoy Stone,
Just did an overnite at the VA hospital in Chicago and can tell you a lot of good men and women are really sick and this might/will make a world of difference in peoples lives. The feeling you get talking with a sick person, (at least what I feel as a grower) is that if I do a better job producing quality flowers I am doing something even cooler than getting them high.

Way Cooler
Please help us get this right

Ahoy Stone,
Just did an overnite at the VA hospital in Chicago and can tell you a lot of good men and women are really sick and this might/will make a world of difference in peoples lives. The feeling you get talking with a sick person, (at least what I feel as a grower) is that if I do a better job producing quality flowers I am doing something even cooler than getting them high.

Way Cooler
Please help us get this right
Glad it was only a night Maritimer. Vets are a part of my life though I'm not one. This plant is helping more than anyone lets on barring us. Yea, getting it right is what we need. Calm waters and warm breezes your way.

Back
Top Bottom