Exceptionally High FECO Yields

Awesome pics, speaking of container size Caplan talks of the importance of the containers and the medium composition that is utilized. I try to follow his lead but cant really afford the coco with myz. My current mix is 60% coco coir, 20% FFOF, 10% Perlite, 10% Worm casings. This grow is also in 5 gal buckets but the grow previous was using Kitty litter containers around 3.5 gal. I think regardless of container size the key may be in observed LWA reaching 50* greater than turgid values. Then enough stress has been induced and the cultivar is rescued.
Oohhh soil and Coco, tut tut mate. This will be interesting :)

Phone hates me, I will take 100 grams of dried flower, extract with 190, strain, evaporate all 190 calling the leftovers CCO. Compare who makes what. The statistical analysis and what levels of confidence they may generate is why I say I welcome help. Do you think with just 4 plants we are wasting time and will not be able to answer the question of whether or not this helps or hinders or objective?
Officially, a 4 plant experiment of this nature isn't really worth much unfortunately.
If it's on clones it's worth a little.
Need to do at least 20 clones with an experienced grower for it to be called even vaguely conclusive though. Not having a pop mate just commenting as I go lol. Love this thread!
It's a very interesting topic and although,other than bubble hash from the leftovers, I don't make concentrates.
It's still a subject that effects us all and something I'm quite enjoying trying to get my head around. :)

Nice haul off one plant, have you posted pics of this plant?
Looks like she will dry out and cure at around 5.5 to 6 zips. I have been running 6 plus on all of my recent grows, that is dried and cured smokable buds. Been running 5 plant vertical and horizontal getting around 6 to 8 zips of lower growth I don't want to fuck with so I is dried and goes straight into making FECO.
I am so ready to start my fall grow!!!
:passitleft:
I've never managed to find any sort of relation to weighing the full plant wet and the final weight of the buds.
Record for the blurples was over 11lb wet from 1 plant but got much less buds than one that weighed only 8lb.
Personal opinion is that wet weight is irellevant when the woodwork us included.

I've never managed to find any sort of relation to weighing the full plant wet and the final weight of the buds.
Record for the blurples was over 11lb wet from 1 plant but got much less buds than one that weighed only 8lb.
Personal opinion is that wet weight is irellevant when the woodwork us included.

I agree. I don't bother weighing till after is is dry. Even visually, I have had some plants I swear were going to be 5oz after drying that turned out to be 3. I have also had the opposite. I had several that I thought would be maybe 3oz turned out to be over 5.:circle-of-love::peace:

Just a little bonus info in the pages: Increasing fertilizer rate was found to have a dilution effect on THC, THCA and CBGA; therefore, excessive organic fertilizer application during the flowering stage should be avoided despite increased biomass yield. This is more of what we're finding.
Don't know how many times I've tried to explain this to people.
Not something I know much about the science of but I grow very precisely in reservoirs.
We can see on the ppm/EC meter exactly what the plant is taking in from the nute solution on a minuit by minuit basis if we want.
They hit peak uptake during the stretch and for a few weeks into bloom. Somewhere around 3 weeks before the chop, strain dependant. They massively reduce what they take in. It's roughly half every week then eventually they just take enough water to keep themselves alive.

I have posted this before, but it never goes out of form!

LESS IS MORE

200 ppm of a + b for veg. is plenty.
350 ppm of a + b for flower is plenty.

CaliMagic/Canna A&B ratio
150 ppm/200 ppm = 350
100 ppm/300 ppm = 400
50 ppm/ 400 ppm= 450

Here is a chart the gives the ratios of Calcium in given ppm of A&B.
This Calcium information is purely based on a Canna schedule, using CaliMagic. Once you hit around 700 ppm, Canna base nutes, you no longer need Cal/mag additives.
This is based on slightly rough math but is very close to correct, in my experience.
A&B
3 ml/gal = .4 EC = 200 ppm with around 44 ppm of calcium
4.5 ml/gal = .6 EC = 300 ppm with around 66 ppm of calcium
6.2 ml/gal = .8 EC = 400 ppm with around 88 ppm of calcium
7.7 ml/gal = 1 EC = 500 ppm with around 112 ppm of calcium
9.2 ml/gal = 1.2 EC = 600 ppm with around 135 ppm of calcium.

I use GH Cal/Magic and I believe the recommended rate is 3.5 ml (1 tsp/5 ml)/gallon. I use Canna Coco's line of nutrients but I back off of their recommended rates, as I feel they are way high. For example, in veg I will add only 200 ppm of A&B and in flower 350 ppm. Now these rates do not give me the Cal ratio needed. You need around 150 ppm of calcium alone.....so even if when I'm at 200 ppm if I only added 100 ppm of Calimagic, only 75 is calcium so I would still be a tad short. In flower, I use RO (55 ppm of Cal/Mag), to this I add 0.75 ml Cal/Magic (68 ppm) and 0.5 grams Epsom (63 ppm) per gallon to bring my #'s to 131 ppm, below the 150 ppm needed, That's without the 55 ppm of the RO, then begin adding the base nutrients. But I have been working with this and it seems ok. I believe it has to do with the 55 ppm of Cal/Mag that is added back to my RO water.
P/K I use reduced rates for multiple weeks (2), do not add additional Sulfur, but do keep Mg rates up, along with K till the last days of flower.

pH of 5.8 and let it drift to 6.0 to 6.1. Drip Clean for the win, helps clean the root system of excess nutes and keeps you nozzles clean.

Hope this makes sense!
We preach the same preachin bro!!
More people need to realise !
Lets wake up the masses!!

what in the heck is high brix? LOL we need a 420 Alexa ap. Alexa, what do the hippies mean saying high brix? I am so behind the times.
Fuck that mate half of us would end up locked in the wardrobe with a tinfoil hat on.
I've still got mine handy from the time I found "Dr Greer" though so I'll be safe :)

Don't know how many times I've tried to explain this to people.
Not something I know much about the science of but I grow very precisely in reservoirs.
We can see on the ppm/EC meter exactly what the plant is taking in from the nute solution on a minuit by minuit basis if we want.
They hit peak uptake during the stretch and for a few weeks into bloom. Somewhere around 3 weeks before the chop, strain dependant. They massively reduce what they take in. It's roughly half every week then eventually they just take enough water to keep themselves alive.
That's keeping a good eye on things Barney. This is useful information as I'm always wondering what they're doing and when.
Fuck that mate half of us would end up locked in the wardrobe with a tinfoil hat on.
I've still got mine handy from the time I found "Dr Greer" though so I'll be safe :)
There's lots of Brix growers growing great plants here. Their plants are awesome!

A pure sativa harvested at 55 days! :eek: That's the holy grail, no?
Ahoy Shed,
I have my doubts to the legitimacy of the breeders claim. The fan leaves were huge and fat as any hybrid I have ever grown. I take some pretty detailed notes on stalk diameter and apical topping heights as well as branchial structure and all, but really at the end of the day my harvest is based on trike inspection results.

She is older than her flower days indicate if this matters. I grow slow.

April 1st 2019
Waterboarding 5 Forest dream seeds

April 4th 2019
All 5 have popped and are under 56W full spectrum led in dixies

April 15th 2019
Transplant to coffee cans under 315W full spectrum led.
This ends two weeks of pre-veg and begins hard veg

May 4th 2019
Transplant to 5 gal. Plants under 600WHPS

May 13th 2019
Plants completed 4 weeks hard veg now

May 13th to 19th 2019
Calling it pre-flower I took 7 days to gradually flip the lights to 12 hour duty.

May 20th 2019
Calling this first day of flower

Sorry for the long post but I wanted you to see the sativa is older than I count.
The Sativa was born on April fools day for all purpose.
Someone who we see a lot round here tried to say the other day that he can get max harvests at 40 days from flip!
25-30 days of bloom!
Photoperiod!
Hmmmmm.,....... Bit sketchy to to put it nicely but there's too many folk listen to him to be bothered pointing it out.
Would probably start a war lol.

I have been growing high brix for a couple years now. I have a perpetual garden that I get 3-5 oz every 2 weeks or so. My plants are consistently excellent. They get drenched 1x per week and the do great. I have not had any Cal/Mag issues since I started with Doc's kit. It may not be for everyone, but it works great for me. :circle-of-love::peace:

That's keeping a good eye on things Barney. This is useful information as I'm always wondering what they're doing and when.

There's lots of Brix growers growing great plants here. Their plants are awesome!
The brix comment was aimed at Alexa mate lol.
I learned how to grow in a 20L gt205 NFT reservoir. Basically a shelf with 1- 4,
4 inch cubes sat on top the gets about 500 litres a day dribbled over it.
The roots grow mostly in nothing but fresh air. The nutes sit literally 1mm deep and constantly flowing so have pretty much unlimited oxygen without the need for an air pump :)
Awesome way to grow but it's really sensitive. Only a 20L reservoir and it can drop a half kilo no problem, even with an auto.
If I dont monitor the ppm properly then ill get massive tox problems while the buds are trying to put on their final bulk and ripen up......
Don't have to f#)+ though lol :)
The plants still cannabalise themseoves if you keep the feed in line with what they're actually absorbing :)

I have been growing high brix for a couple years now. I have a perpetual garden that I get 3-5 oz every 2 weeks or so. My plants are consistently excellent. They get drenched 1x per week and the do great. I have not had any Cal/Mag issues since I started with Doc's kit. It may not be for everyone, but it works great for me. :circle-of-love::peace:
My comment was aimed at Alexa mate lol. :)
I've not looked into this high brix method yet. Seen it mentioned enough times to know that it must work though.
I'm on a wee mission to expand my knowledge just now so getting involved with things I wouldn't normally.

Just realised that sitting my Coco plants in 4L of run off and letting them re-absorb it works better than the reservoir that grew the auto in my profile pic!

I can grow reservoirs like a boss but think I'm better of focusing on pots now for lots of reasons.
Im finding tha treating a pot just like I do a reservoir is giving better results than iether so I want to take this further.

Don't have to pH anything. Don't need a ppm meter (because I've been obsessive for years and now know close enough)
Just flood it and leave it to get swallowed.
Crazy good results.
So I'm having to look into all the wierd and wonderful things that happen in pots now. I'm even considering a couple of small soil autos due to my curiosity lol.

(Ps, don't get me started on calmag! There's more myths about that stuff than there are about Chuck Norris! )

My Folgers grow, coco/growstone, got hit with Fucking Fungal Gnats about the last three weeks of flower, bad damn news.
Exodus Cheese on the right and White Rhino on the left, 6 plants each.
20160302_191248.jpg

20160222_190436.jpg
If the exodus cheese is from Barney's farm it's absolutely tremendous!!!!
Up, down, left, right, didn't know what was going on :)

I agree. I don't bother weighing till after is is dry. Even visually, I have had some plants I swear were going to be 5oz after drying that turned out to be 3. I have also had the opposite. I had several that I thought would be maybe 3oz turned out to be over 5.:circle-of-love::peace:
I've given up trying to guess my weights these days mate.
The most important lesson I've learned.
Particularly the last year.
Is that it doesn't matter how big your plants are. One small mistake in bloom can be costly.

"Run a tight ship, not a shite tip!"

And you'll do as well as you can :)

Note to self: Never again have a really bad idea about cutting a loaded scrog thinking the plant looks sturdy, and that you can relocate her. NEVER DAVE

Forest Dream Cultivar #3 is coming down as soon as I hit enter.:(

If the exodus cheese is from Barney's farm it's absolutely tremendous!!!!
Up, down, left, right, didn't know what was going on :)

Yep, Barneys Farm.
And It was just wonderful. Would like to try it again, this time without the fungal gnats.

Back
Top Bottom