Exceptionally High FECO Yields

LOL
Just glancing for something and caught myself saying gosh. look at this stuff what light is he running? I wish I had some of his gear.

Leaf chlorophyll-a fluorescence parameters and net photosynthetic rate (Pn) were measured at week 7 (51 - 52 DFS) for treatment wk7(1) immediately before fertigation (drought stress threshold), hourly for the four subsequent hours after fertigation and on the next day at mid-day. Three replicates from wk7(1) and three controls were measured for this analysis.
A portable photosynthesis measurement system (LI-6400XT; LI-COR Biosciences, Lincoln, NE) was used to measure Pn on the youngest fully expanded leaf. Light was supplied by 6400-02B Red-Blue light emitting diodes (LI-COR) with photosynthetically active radiation (PAR) set to around chamber canopy level (450 μmol·m-2 s-1). CO2 concentration in the leaf cuvette was maintained at 800 μmol·mol-1 and block temperature was maintained at 20 °C. Chlorophyll-a fluorescence was measured using a portable, pulse amplitude modulation (PAM) fluorometer (FluorPen FP 100; Photon Systems Instruments; Drasov, Czech Republic). The youngest fully expanded leaf was dark-adapted for 45 min using a detachable leaf clip (Hansatech, Instruments, Kings Lynn, UK) which was then attached to the optical window of the fluorometer.

This morning both my drought stressed cultivars are above target wilt levels and rescue protocols have been initiated. LWAS recordings of cultivar CFD #3 measured at =53*, and CFD #4 at 57*. Again, these readings are the cumulative changes from a state of turgid. Some of the larger fan leaves are rotating to almost upside down position. Ugly!

I have another overnite at Hines tonight so I can chat with my back surgeon about the failed lumbar decompression he did back in January. Santa will be staying at the Fisher House so drop over if nearby. Smiles :peace:

Good morning @stoneotter
Just confirmed with garden calendar we only got to the 5th day of drought. Not fully halfway into 11 days. Im going to recheck what strains Caplan was growing. Northern lights in 3.5 gal container is only strain I have grown that got to day 11.

Before I forget wanted to share a Hines moment. Young veteran out having a few suds crashes motorcycle. Massive brain damage causing quadriplegic paralysis. His Mom tells me this, (he has recently passed) the Feds kept mouths shut as young man was given form of CCO therapy that had began to show signs of importance,like moving his eyes up and down to say yes or no. But other complications ended the therapy. The Feds know more than we think, I'm thinking.
To ply the unknown! We will indeed. :peace:

After a discouraging attempt at rest there is this alternative. Put back on the straw hat and do some thinking. I am going to be taking a devil's advocate stance from time to time in effort to always be designing sustainable control into the study. I have befriended a member and unwittingly have laid bare a burden on our friendship I need to unload. In private discourse with my new friend I told him of my medical problem I am fighting and without taking enough reflection told him I am terminally ill. I should never have put him in that difficult and uncomfortable position and my health should have never been brought up in this pretext. I have already found confidence with our guy Shed and his curiosity, and he will be sniffing this out even in the event I go back in hospital. That plus the rest of our crew here.

This is our science;
my apology to all
Keep the good fight going!
Thank you for the kind words. It should not have came up. Not going anywhere soon. I have dense calcification of the coronary arteries. Mortality rates 98% fatal at 3.1 years. Loyola cardiologist working with me documenting treatment with RSO. Heart functions have already improved, even refrac. We will document in my federal health records all canamedicines. If I can outrun this, I will try. It's all good to go here! Got me straw hat on. :peace:
Run Maritimer Run!
Good morning @stoneotter
Just confirmed with garden calendar we only got to the 5th day of drought. Not fully halfway into 11 days. Im going to recheck what strains Caplan was growing. Northern lights in 3.5 gal container is only strain I have grown that got to day 11.
Good morning Maritimer, Hmmm, I have a strawberry cough in 15 gallons of LOS just twitching to get flipped! I can't wait! She showed me she's back to steady growth this morning as she's been slow since I stripped half of her leaves 5 days ago. Also she's showing a good shape now. I'm still looking at a week to flip to flower, maybe days more or less. I'm getting excited! She gets water every 6 days now. That's when I see slight wilt. That's my sign in veg. It might change to 5 or 4 days as we go along.

I am a Hobbit by nature, and my use of inorganic stuff is surely un hobbitual. I want to learn the living organic soil method but like the hydroponics I get scared I will goof things up and fail a entire crop or something. There are others who count on me so that adds to my insecurities. :peace:

You are gonna love this... just wait and see.
I know this works when I dont goof it.

Insecurities... we all got em...right to the time things prove out usually with me. Like the LOS thing. I have one set of 4 plants that grew in LOS. It was my first mix and as far as I can see fabulously healthy. Insecure the first 90% of the grow. This time I have the second mix of the same recipe. I asked myself, did I understand the recipe the same way this time? I do have questions about powdered, granulated, ground, pulverized, etc. ways to administer things in different amounts. Although I've grown for a few years I have them still with new avenues strolled.
With that said I feel this grow is going good and we're going to see a good example of a plant grown well, have drought administered via the method, and it's affects. As I mentioned I have her mother to look at for reference too.

Just left your grow... had to see a couple pics. now I'm all jazzed up for you. I agree you have crafted a medicine making machine. The superior airflow you are providing now is being sensed by the GNR and hormonal activity will direct plant resources to simultaneously adjust for leaf area's and branchial reinforcements needs. Stronger branches can support larger flowers. I want another fan now. LOL thanks otter

Haha that's the problem with this sharing. We see things! They have two other fans coming from the corners too. The last few days I've been playing the wind hardening thing some. The soil level ones are to keep my fungus gnats at an acceptable rate. 12 fans total in there counting the ones in the lights and extraction.

Keep up the good fight Maritimer!!! It ain't over till it's over and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!!!

Still no noticable droop on the c99 bb. Odor about the same. A couple pics.

Attachments

• 20190724_155301.jpg
    20190724_155301.jpg
    638.9 KB · Views: 124
  • 20190724_155307.jpg
    20190724_155307.jpg
    686 KB · Views: 134
Note to self. Spending money on a smart pot should not upset wife. It's a pot honey, not pot. Yep, that should work :peace:

Back
Top Bottom