Exceptionally High FECO Yields

I’ve spent the last two weeks with a member who refuses to accept the studies on the ECS as valid. He’s insisting on random trials as proof that the medicine that’s held his ADD in check most of his life is actually doing what it does.

This is the danger of prohibition to me. That those of us using cannabis all these years can’t break free of the thought that it’s what we use to “get high and chill.” It’s a fine line I’m walking, searching out pathways to understanding that those who use the drug, but do so with closed minds, can see the truth about this marvelous plant.

But when one refuses to even accept that we have a system we didn’t recognize that modulates all other systems, where do I go from there?

When Cannabis is introduced as a medicine to recreational users who have doubts, but are actually very sick folks, it has helped me soften their doubts (often but not always) to remind them of a tenant I hold true. The first cannabis gardener required no seeds or clones producing the first cultivars of cannabis. Word is he decorated his garden in Eden with an amazing collection of fine sativa specimens he presents to us as gifts. :peace:

We got a very nice response. I have three separate attachments not included below
from Professor Davies whom we owe our gratitude for his compassionate response. I will read through them tonight when the straw hat goes on.

Professor Davies
Dear David,
You have some excellent ideas, though I am sorry to learn of your status.
So the question is would ABA simulate drought to increase the content of THC?

Somehow I think this unlikely because ABA is a reaction to water stress as is, per your note, THC. So the question is would ABA simulate drought to increase the content of THC? Somehow I think this unlikely because ABA is a reaction to water stress as is, per your note, THC.

From Wikie Integrin-like receptors play a role in protein-protein interaction and are found in the plasma membrane of plant cells in the leaf, root and vasculature of plants. Plants produce a physiological response that is dependent on information obtained from the environment. The majority of this information is received through mechanical signals which include touch, sound, and gravity. Therefore, the interaction between the extracellular matrix and the internal cell response is incredibly important for receiving and interpreting information. The specific functionality of ILRs in plants is not well characterized but in addition to mechanical signaling transduction, they are believed to have some role in plant immune response, osmotic stress sensitivity, and ion regulation within the cell.

So if the drought sensing in the cells it maybe that this sensing impacts THC production directly rather than via ABA, and if so ABA application would do nothing. In any case ABA is quite costly ($160 for 250mg) which is why it never caught on as a agricultural chemical, even if it did work to increase yield, which in general it does not. I guess you could try spraying ABA solution in a small experiment, but as I said above I do not expect it to work.

Now we need to ask why Cannabis produces THC – it is likely to ward off either pests or fungal diseases. There are two compounds produced by plants that trigger such defense: Jasmonic acid for insects and salicylic acid for fungi. These are cheap: salicylic acid can be purchased as wart remover at the pharmacy. Jasmonate is obtainable as a methyl ester on ebay, where incidentally is it claimed to increase trichome production Methyl jasmonate 1ml. methyl esters. Increase tricome production | eBay

Another possibility is ethylene which triggers fungal defense. A liquid formulation that releases ethylene is ethephon; here is a sample site Ethrel / Ethephon [Quart] | Hydro-Gardens
I attach a recent summary paper from a reliable journal on treatments increasing THC for your information, and a paper, and the figures separately, on the effects of ethephon. I can’t say that any of these would work but if you want to experiment the latter three would be much cheaper than ABA. The papers give appropriate concentrations for spraying because the concentrated solutions would kill the plant.. Note that Methyl Jasmonate is sparingly soluble in water (340 mg/L at 25 °C); dissolving it first in a little rubbing alcohol ( a mL or two) will help it get into solution in water. The other easy alternative is simply to grow your plants and then drought stress them just prior to harvest!

Your last question was ABA in seeds. In this role it is a germination preventer. Cuttings are fragile because they are deprived of water until they grow roots. It has nothing to do with ABA.

If you wish to improve the survival of cuttings make a clear plastic tent over the cuttings, have a plastic pipe run into the roof nd have mister nozzles inserted into the pipe, and an exterior solenoid valve driven by a timer so come on the 10 seconds every ten minutes. All these components are relatively cheap. If you need suggestions as to where to purchase let me know.

I hope that this helps.
With best wishes,
Peter

Dear Peter,

Thank you for the kind words and best wishes included in your answer to my questions. Your informative reply will be maintained in a repository of scientific data relating to the enhancement of glandular trichome production in cannabis sativa. This repository will serve to preserve this work in the event my ability to render investigations is no longer available to me and will be conveyed to another. In addition to the private research repository, I have initiated an online experiment with intent to further distribute the awareness of this research with hopes of successfully lowering patient costs when we produce heavier cannabinoid content plants to extract the medicine from.

Once again thank you Peter, your compassionate response and assistance is applauded. Too many capable scientists are not inclined to muster the courage of discussion, much less investigation of this amazing plant. Your straight forward science unshackled by prohibition is an example your peers may do well to follow.

Good Day Sir,

Best Regards

David

Just got out of trim jail. CFD 3 & 4 are now jarred open preparing for cure. CFD#4 was the smallest clone specimen and as such is going to provide the least dried cured flower material. If she cures as expected we will only have about 21 grams available for extraction analysis. That said, we plan all four clone sample batches will be conducted with 20 grams each raw material. one of my scientist buddies has cautioned me already stating he does not concur with me that I could reasonably present statistical extrapolations for 100 gram batches until more data has been collected and preserved. shit howwdy he is a serious bean counter geek. lots of love my bro :peace:

IMO, if it works repeatably at 20 grams the ratio suffices our intent here.

note to self; the mood of science is changing. the enlistment of academia that can speak human is a very encouraging development we must now look at in earnest. big hats off again to our friend Professor Peter. edit .. wow, just googled our friend, I had no idea of his stature in Biology. Awesome dude!

Has anyone ever heard about this bit? More to follow tonight, I am sure. WOW

The male flowers had the most content of CBD (Fig. 4). CBD content in the male

flowers was 3.1-fold of female flowers, and 9.1-fold of male leaves

in the control plants.

I haven't heard that but we did have a member who tested the roots of his plant and found high levels of CBD in them, from a non-CBD plant. Unfortunately he never came back and repeated the experiment to test his results.

Since you're concerned about your identity leaking, I'm thinking you should edit your first name out of your posts (or ask the mods too if it's been too long). Many folks may use cannabis and be in the maritime industry (plausible deniability), but add the first name in there and it becomes harder to say "not me!"

Is this why clones are such snowflakes?
I'm not sure what you mean. Most growers are much more concerned about their new seedlings surviving than a clone once it roots. And rooting clones is easy once you have figured out the best technique for your grow style. I'm close to 95% success with cuttings now, and failed miserably for months in my early attempts.

I'm not sure what you mean. Most growers are much more concerned about their new seedlings surviving than a clone once it roots. And rooting clones is easy once you have figured out the best technique for your grow style. I'm close to 95% success with cuttings now, and failed miserably for months in my early attempts.
Hi Shed,
I might not be sure about this, but I had read an abstract indicating seeds are gifted a superior hormonal compliment compared with cuttings. The plants hormonal fitness is the sum of hormonal balance in the organism. If the clones are missing anything a seed has in it's inventory, it will pay for it in reduced plant fitness. Bugs and fungi may have easier time feeding on hormonally unfit, but otherwise healthy clone cultivars.

My identification by family name would not be an issue. The moniker is wherein the problem lay i'm afraid. Even though I have never been employed in the Maritime Industry personally, my private research gained some probably unwarranted notoriety within the analyst community. The boys and girls on wall street do not play fair. As example, I can direct the data miners to scan the web every hour searching for the keywords (fertigation) and (Maritimer) and if some old hippie posts anything on 420, or from a USA today article that happens to use both keywords in the story, I will see it on a printout.

Big Banks had been mining me for years looking for freebies in research.
Nothing really to do with our agenda here, unless as it relates to portfolios under agreement.
All the same I am taking Shed's advice and editing out my name.

Straw Hat Update;
We have received a large amount of information today and much of it is worded so as to make for difficult reading. Time consuming looking up all kinds of words they throw around to confound us lay people. There are some sensitivities I must be more vigilant about in regarding copyrights on abstracts ect. Cut and Paste crimes also should be minimally invasive and considerations should be to avoid this direct confrontation. We dont try to steal anyones thunder, I need better awareness of this.

I haven't found this to be true in my travels, though obviously all my evidence is anecdotal :).
This is perhaps the crux of it all.
Our grower experience is what is lacking or diminished in the academic verbiage.
I pipe classical music downstairs while I make wormstrap tea. I actually think it helps, and I am confident empirical evidence could be produced undermining my Betovian theory, yet it would remain a favorite gardening practice of mine.
Your Frank Zappa stuff may also induce enhanced glandular production as the cultivars respond to stress, especially if played loud. LOL
Goodnight

Hello 420,
I have reviewed a great deal of valuable and private information over the last 20 hours or so, and must change direction in my cannabis research. My conviction that science was slacking or dragging their feet in such that top tier researchers never seemed get to our plant has been proven incorrect. “They are on it like a hobo on a baloney sandwich”, (a copied joke). This is not to suggest we cannot accept more brilliant minds to speed this along. I appreciate everyone’s help and encouragement that this here 420 family has provided me during the study.
Thank You
Maritimer

p.s. The application of drought induced abiotic stress near the end of flower as dictated through phenotypic selection will increase the concentrations of cannabinoids in your cured flowers. This anecdotal practice has been verified through modern investigation, and it is a fact. It works. :peace:

My Brother,
To briefly address your question the proper sequencing involves taking of cuttings from single mother while continuing growing out the mother. The cuttings grouped by mother and family become your specific phenotype. Observing the calendar of mother’s life events, predictable events will be duplicated in her cuttings. If mom harvest’s in 50 days of flower the cuttings will also be ready in 50 days. So, when the cuttings are 39 days in flower the stress should be initiated. That gives her up to 11 days to attain the 50 or so degrees of wilt. When the cuttings require rescue (they will all come in close to each other) you refresh them and proceed to harvest when the cultivars are ready and that will be flower day 50.

I think our brother @Graytail is all over this. He was aware of my direction all along I believe.

My day is gonna go to hell in a hand basket I’m afraid. At 1300 hours I have an appointment that will begin a well planned offensive. Like Clint Eastwood LOL, I will be riding in to the prohibitionist camp taking the fight to them.

I will be petitioning the chain of command thru appropriate channels, audience with if the acting Secretary of the United States Department of Veteran Affairs. I will be asking for one hour of his time. The shit will hit the fan if my meeting does not happen. I will give them some time to clean themselves and respond. They do not want this to hit the news. I have too much information that leverages the playing field to our advantage. Remember the story of David and Goliath.

David

p.s. @SweetSue the crew was awesome, many thanks

Phoenix Vets,
Wanna bet I can get your funding approved for Biowaves? Don't think I forgot you folks.

Back
Top Bottom