Exceptionally High FECO Yields

@stoneotter , use your scope and take notice of the branches, and even the stalk, as she squirts hard into full buds. I noticed on the seed stock Forest D plants (and reported here) the trikes were spreading south along branches and the stalk all the way to medium contact. At the time I joked about the roots filling up with cannabinoids... @InTheShed mentioned another member who had detected THC or CBD in roots. Yummy thoughts with strawberry cough root pie! :peace:

@stoneotter , use your scope and take notice of the branches, and even the stalk, as she squirts hard into full buds. I noticed on the seed stock Forest D plants (and reported here) the trikes were spreading south along branches and the stalk all the way to medium contact. At the time I joked about the roots filling up with cannabinoids... @InTheShed mentioned another member who had detected THC or CBD in roots. Yummy thoughts with strawberry cough root pie! :peace:
I will, I hear trichs can grow anywhere. I grew two in the wild when I was 15. Never got more than a foot tall. A few leaves and a bud on top about like a half inch round. It was the first sensi I experienced and didn't know it. Well it was so good and gone so fast, I scraped the stalks and got high as it gets from them! They grew in the shade under a shrub.
MMMMMM Strawberry Cough Root Pie, my kids wouldn't be a bit surprised.

Imagine growing a nug like @Grandpa Tokin 's incredible GG4 with 30% more trich's!
I get scared of the big fat ones. All my scrog plants seem to control nug size to say medium, but like those clones I let christmas tree on this grow got way to big for my liking. I can't dry the biggies without freaking about all that can go wrong as they sit there slowly releasing water. Much better tending to grow room duties, cure room wipeouts scare me bad. :peace:

I get scared of the big fat ones. All my scrog plants seem to control nug size to say medium, but like those clones I let christmas tree on this grow got way to big for my liking. I can't dry the biggies without freaking about all that can go wrong as they sit there slowly releasing water. Much better tending to grow room duties, cure room wipeouts scare me bad. :peace:
I was thinking medium plants and nugs.
Hi @Grandpa Tokin, do have a really frosty nug pic of gg4 to share here please?

shed,
thats awesome. been needing good pictures. i have red and green deficiencies (color blind) so trying to teach apprentice about our interests in identifying amber hues and so forth. many thanks

Waterboarding has began this morning for the next study. We are germinating Northern Lights, Ocean Grown Girl Scout Cookies and Cali Orange. The NL will participate in further examination of the application of drought stress. The GSC and Cali will participate in a separate study that will involve raising happy and healthy plants, then using natural plant hormones we will attempt to trigger a drought response (increased glandular production) without any actual occurrence.

As fall approaches I have identified some beautiful plants right here in the shire that I will assist in producing the hormones we will gather from them. :peace:

Straw Hat Question?
Remembering what our member Barney said about hydroponic growers can actually measure what a plant eats and when it eats it. He also stated that as a plant matured to harvest it would stop nute uptake and only water was being taken. Is this true? I need a hydro grower to tell me they offer food to a plant and it refuses the nutes but accepts the water. If it is true we may have some explaining to do. :peace:

Straw Hat Question?
Remembering what our member Barney said about hydroponic growers can actually measure what a plant eats and when it eats it. He also stated that as a plant matured to harvest it would stop nute uptake and only water was being taken. Is this true? I need a hydro grower to tell me they offer food to a plant and it refuses the nutes but accepts the water. If it is true we may have some explaining to do. :peace:

Maybe I’m not understanding completely, and I’m not a scientist, but nutrient “lock-out” is not something I shoot for in dwc. It can happen at anytime if PH is way out of bounds, for instance, but it’s not what I’m trying to achieve. It can be devastating for the entire plant/grow if it’s allowed to continue.

I do however purposely stop feeding about a week before harvest to flush. At that time the plant starts to cannibalize itself, etc.

Ahoy there @Grandpa Tokin,
Im sorry if I was not clear. Do hydroponic growers have the ability to observe the quantity of how much and of what exact nutrients a plant is consuming? also asking if it is normal in hydro to witness the plant stop eating prior to end of life ?

these questions relate to a debate wherein I have cup winning master growers privately telling me they think we are reading the plants all wrong when we think we are overfeeding them. this is not the place for that argument, but I am trying to learn the truth.

been reading your oil thread and felt awed when my bro @stoneotter had you drop in. scared I might be making cheesy meds and need to start nailing it. Can I solicit your mentoring of my oil making prowess? I promise to pay it forward as many times as possible. I would be in your debt sir.

It’s easy, in dwc at least, to see very quickly what happens when you add or delete nutrients and additives. It took me awhile to get to the point of being completely comfortable; constantly checking PH and EC. Now I barely check anything except for the first res and anytime I put anything in it or change it. To answer your question, yes, I think it’s highly possible to have the ability to observe the quantity of how much and of what exact nutrients a plant is consuming? But that’s not just in Hydro. There are many growers on this forum that have that ability. I don’t think that comes naturally. That’s from years of experience and/or education.

I really don’t know the science behind the end of life part, but when I start flushing the plant starts to cannibalize itself, but that’s because it’s ripe (as far as I’m concerned) and I’m forcing it to uptake only water or the flushing agent of my choice. That happens in soil too.

As far as help with oil or rosin, I’m ready. Jump in anytime bud.

It’s easy, in dwc at least, to see very quickly what happens when you add or delete nutrients and additives. It took me awhile to get to the point of being completely comfortable; constantly checking PH and EC. Now I barely check anything except for the first res and anytime I put anything in it or change it. To answer your question, yes, I think it’s highly possible to have the ability to observe the quantity of how much and of what exact nutrients a plant is consuming? But that’s not just in Hydro. There are many growers on this forum that have that ability. I don’t think that comes naturally. That’s from years of experience and/or education.

I really don’t know the science behind the end of life part, but when I start flushing the plant starts to cannibalize itself, but that’s because it’s ripe (as far as I’m concerned) and I’m forcing it to uptake only water or the flushing agent of my choice. That happens in soil too.

As far as help with oil or rosin, I’m ready. Jump in anytime bud.
Do you tell how much one is consuming by subtracting the ppm's of the feed water in the rez? Today from the day before = ppm's consumed?

Do you tell how much one is consuming by subtracting the ppm's of the feed water in the rez? Today from the day before = ppm's consumed?

I see what you’re getting at. I know people who actually grow that way. I’m not one of them. For this conversation, I was focused on how the plant reacts versus the EC or ppm levels in the res. While I know how much they are drinking and feeding altogether, I don’t know what NPK they are consuming individually. I suppose that could be done easily enough. Like I said, I know many who do. I do simple with perfection. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Straw Hat Chat,
dwc? is that wick hydro?

I am trying to find out if anybody can observe offering any nutrient to a plant and the plant refuses the nute but uptakes water. This answer I believe is yes, we can see a plant not eat what we offer it, but it drinks the water. If that is true the organism has a system of differentiating what and how much it will consume. If that is true, that the plants control what they eat and how much.. then why do we think our overfeeding of the plant is a problem if the plant controls intake? That is where I was headed.

@InTheShed had talked with me before about this. My guy who has a cup under his belt and has published a book on caanibis cultivation under LED assures me a plant unlike your puppy will not eat to its demise. I know this is a point of contention but it is not designed to be one.

I burn leaves also, but are we reading the plant wrong?
not looking to argue, looking to learn is all. :peace:

The first two cultivars of our next study have popped thru the surface. We have a stout looking Northern Lights we will call NL #1, and a small but pretty Ocean Grown Girl Scout Cookies we will call GSC #1. When the seedlings were buried we had not yet observed a tap root for the second GSC. We will watch but not replace her, (should she fail) as we really only are set for 5 scrog plants. :peace:

dwc? is that wick hydro?

I am trying to find out if anybody can observe offering any nutrient to a plant and the plant refuses the nute but uptakes water. This answer I believe is yes, we can see a plant not eat what we offer it, but it drinks the water. If that is true the organism has a system of differentiating what and how much it will consume. If that is true, that the plants control what they eat and how much.. then why do we think our overfeeding of the plant is a problem if the plant controls intake? That is where I was headed
Hi Maritimer, Notifications are malfunctioning so I just found you again. DWC I believe is Deep Water Culture. A form of hydro growing.
@West Hippie reads his grow this way. A reading of nute density in the tank is taken daily or whenever wanted. The noted numbers can be subtracted from the original total to see overall feeding. Also volume missing can be looked at as water drunk.

Feeding these plants is interesting. Humor me as I'm a bit of a newby.
In my Living Organic Soil theres more nutrition to pick from than two plants could want. The plant chooses wisely, grows, dies and expresses herself the best she knew and could. I did nothing to change any growing ways of the plant. Just water.

Grow one and feed it nutes "from a bottle" and they (I'm told) feed differently. I'm not sure if they grow different roots or the micro life dies from the bottle food and the roots have to conform and learn to feed from the bottle nutes. These plants can get over and underfed where in the LOS as long as the soils balanced I don't think I can over/under feed.

I don't know if I answered this but @Emilya has a better ability to explain than I at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom