1/3 cup powdered soft rock phosphate. or 1 cup granular rock phosphate

2 cups natural rice

1/2 cup humic acid ore

3/4 cup gypsum

3 heaping cups kelp meal

2 cups alfalfa meal

3 cups crushed oyster shell. Or 1 cup ground oyster shell flour

4 to 8 cups steer or barnyard manure

That's it. Mix well and moisten. Let it be for a month or so. The Rev wants the soil moved around every few days. I don't have the energy for that. Hope this helps.

Not a book reader myself. I gave up reading books when they were no longer being assigned by professors!

Am a Binge reader, I may not read for months on end, but will find a book, usually intrigue, mystery, spy etc etc. I will pass up sleep to finish reading it, may finish in one or two days. Then find another book by that author and do the same. But once I don't feel like it anymore I may not read again for months.

Amendment recipe
for 1 single batch​

3 - 3.5 cu ft used soil

1 to 2 gallons coco coir

2 cups powdered dolomite lime

1 cup prilled(fast acting) lime. Or 1/3 cup dolomite lime

1 cup blood meal

1/2 cup bat or bird guano npk 9-3-1

1 cup azomite granular. Or 1/3 powdered

3 cups feather meal

3 cups bone meal

1.5 cups greensand

1/3 cup powdered soft rock phosphate. or 1 cup granular rock phosphate

2 cups natural rice

1/2 cup humic acid ore

3/4 cup gypsum

3 heaping cups kelp meal

2 cups alfalfa meal

3 cups crushed oyster shell. Or 1 cup ground oyster shell flour

4 to 8 cups steer or barnyard manure

That's it. Mix well and moisten. Let it be for a month or so. The Rev wants the soil moved around every few days. I don't have the energy for that. Hope this helps.
My goodness Otter,
I somehow thought I spoiled my girls with goodies, but now I see I have been squeamish in a way. Do you grow your next crops medium ahead of time? I don't get it, how you munch roots from one grow to use in the next unless you have second batch of medium ready. Or does the garden go empty between grows as you rebuild the medium? Ever since you and @Emilya gave me a peak I am hooked. I want to grow like a hobbit should be growing. Budget restraints will make this a longer term goal as I source and gather the materials. Please be ready for silly questions, lots of them.
I appreciate all the help. :peace:

@gr865 our friend Otter introduced you as an oil man. I wondered at that notion then, but let it go. Now that a couple of our 420 friends got my oil being real, (decarbed) I must say I plan to be an oil man as well. I take the scrappings from a dental tool I use, and rub some medicine on the outside of a joint. Holy moly! Never knew this sensation before. Only an occasional big bong hit gave me a rush before, but nothing like this. I have been smiling so much last few days I will need more denture powder soon. Amazing pain management. So many thanks to our 420 family. :peace:

@gr865 our friend Otter introduced you as an oil man. I wondered at that notion then, but let it go. Now that a couple of our 420 friends got my oil being real, (decarbed) I must say I plan to be an oil man as well. I take the scrappings from a dental tool I use, and rub some medicine on the outside of a joint. Holy moly! Never knew this sensation before. Only an occasional big bong hit gave me a rush before, but nothing like this. I have been smiling so much last few days I will need more denture powder soon. Amazing pain management. So many thanks to our 420 family. :peace:

Hey buddy,
Although I still make FECO/CCO I have begun Squishing Rosin and decarbing it. About the same yield as making FECO but no solvent involved so much cleaner oil. So far I have only made Hard Candies with the decarbed Rosin, and it has made some great meds.
I know from reading your post is you are into maximum trich producing so pressing Rosin should be right up your ally. Go to Grampa Tokin's thread on doing Rosin.

My goodness Otter,
I somehow thought I spoiled my girls with goodies, but now I see I have been squeamish in a way. Do you grow your next crops medium ahead of time? I don't get it, how you munch roots from one grow to use in the next unless you have second batch of medium ready. Or does the garden go empty between grows as you rebuild the medium? Ever since you and @Emilya gave me a peak I am hooked. I want to grow like a hobbit should be growing. Budget restraints will make this a longer term goal as I source and gather the materials. Please be ready for silly questions, lots of them.
I appreciate all the help. :peace:
I have two 44 gallon barrels mostly full now ready to plant from. Along with the one growing in 15 gallons makes the total. I grow in a 4.5 x 4.5 tent and a 2 x 4 tent and sometimes outdoors. I might need more soil if I grow outdoors again so I'll have to mix some next winter for spring. One cooks while the others grow.

I've done it once and I cut the roots at the stem and they broke up real easy. They were in cloth pots. Threw all the soil on the tarped floor, added the amendments, mixed and mixed, and I've been waiting for a month for it to get happy. Yesterday ph was 6.6. I believe it's ready to rock.

There's less complicated and easier to afford recipe's. Coots is one folks grow with. Subcool is another. They have fewer components and work well.

I have two 44 gallon barrels mostly full now ready to plant from. Along with the one growing in 15 gallons makes the total. I grow in a 4.5 x 4.5 tent and a 2 x 4 tent and sometimes outdoors. I might need more soil if I grow outdoors again so I'll have to mix some next winter for spring. One cooks while the others grow.

I've done it once and I cut the roots at the stem and they broke up real easy. They were in cloth pots. Threw all the soil on the tarped floor, added the amendments, mixed and mixed, and I've been waiting for a month for it to get happy. Yesterday ph was 6.6. I believe it's ready to rock.

There's less complicated and easier to afford recipe's. Coots is one folks grow with. Subcool is another. They have fewer components and work well.
I have a down to scale Subcool recipe I think I could swing putting together over some time. I must let the disgruntled one who is on medical leave for 90 days get over being mad at me. Lot's of other Grandpa's buy $500 rosin press machines, well at least the ones who don't make their own machine. Besides, I can squish lot's of stuff.
What do you mean like what, carrot juice you juicer.
LOL
The @Grandpa Tokin rosin thread did me in and I only got to page 13. RosinTech press via Amazon free shipping arriving next week. If nobody has heard from me contact the constable. :peace:

Straw Hat notes;
In further discussion with regard to a difference of opinion between my professor friend and myself on the likelihood of success stimulating a drought response in sativa plants thru the application of hormonal supplements. I plan to conduct a series of tests introducing ABA in a low dosages obtained locally in a fashion similar to how "willow tea" is used as a rooting agent, except instead of using willow to make the tea I will use Sycamore leaves from the wife's church grounds. The sycamore produces absisic acid abundantly on leaves, especially after a long hot dry summer. If this shows promise we will get the $160 per gram acid available for sale and go from there. :peace:

Just figured out if I take my new hand pollen press I use to make hash coins and stuff cured flower in it, I can make what I think is a puck. Then using the wife's hair straightener and a qwick squeeze clamp I made a glorious mess. I think there is a reason you should fold your parchment properly and I will be glad when I figure out how that is done. maybe I google how to fold a paper envelope Yep, I am kinda ripped at the moment. :peace:

I have a down to scale Subcool recipe I think I could swing putting together over some time. I must let the disgruntled one who is on medical leave for 90 days get over being mad at me. Lot's of other Grandpa's buy $500 rosin press machines, well at least the ones who don't make their own machine. Besides, I can squish lot's of stuff.
What do you mean like what, carrot juice you juicer.
LOL
The @Grandpa Tokin rosin thread did me in and I only got to page 13. RosinTech press via Amazon free shipping arriving next week. If nobody has heard from me contact the constable. :peace:
That's fantastic! Green with envy here, but the best shade of green. Happy birthday! Rosin is the shizz. Enjoy your new machine, I know it's going to help make the best meds. Look at you @Grandpa Tokin , you're an influencer.

Stone ? Can this medicine replace my CCO? Can I get away from solvents altogether? I have not figured how I would use it. With the CCO my medicine is stored in capped syringes in fridge. When I require say a .3 gram dose I would simply squirt out a bit at a time on a rice rolling paper. I then weighed the paper and got pretty good eyeballing it. Then I roll up the paper in a ball and wash it down with a fluid. I do not have the patience or steady hands to try filling capsules. Dang, more new guy questions. How to turn small sticky piles into medicine I can dose? :peace:

Stone ? Can this medicine replace my CCO? Can I get away from solvents altogether? I have not figured how I would use it. With the CCO my medicine is stored in capped syringes in fridge. When I require say a .3 gram dose I would simply squirt out a bit at a time on a rice rolling paper. I then weighed the paper and got pretty good eyeballing it. Then I roll up the paper in a ball and wash it down with a fluid. I do not have the patience or steady hands to try filling capsules. Dang, more new guy questions. How to turn small sticky piles into medicine I can dose? :peace:
I don't know. I wouldn't test it out on myself if I was counting on it to save my life. The original recipe has many terpenes and who knows what other plant material in it serving up healing goodness. The unknown might be the magic for all I know. Have you read through Sweet Sue"s pages? She's covered a lot of healing modes over the years.
It's possible solvents aren't our enemy here as it's a relatively short period it's used. The original was something wretched but it worked. Was it naptha?
I would use it for its awesomeness though!

My neighbor is an Apiary Inspector for the state. I have great access to honey, and wax. What in heck will I do with that much wax after I try to make a batch of @InTheShed 's itch ointment.

I hate to bother her as I think her one on one work is very important and I hate to jump a thread. Maybe I will just say @SweetSue if you get a minute? Can RSO CCO and Rosin be considered as equal medicines or basically are they the same medicine just derived differently? :peace:

Am not SweetSue, but, RSO, Rick Simpson Oil, made with heavy duty solvent (not a good idea), CCO/FECO is also made with solvent (Alcohol), and Rosin has no solvent.
You are getting the same meds, the difference is the amount of additional substances you remove from the cannabis, waxes, chlorophyll, lipids and the such. All three methods will pick up some of each of these materials along with the THC but only in varying amounts.
You do have to decarb Rosin just as you do RSO/CCO/FECO. I did my first batch of decarbed Rosin and made Hard Candies with it, works like a charm.

Hi GR,
Did you do any tutorial or thread outlining your hard candy meds? I am hoping to get away from the alcohol. This old hippy has a bad marriage with the juice. Can't divorce her as alcohol marries for life. But I can dam sure leave her in the closet with the other crap that I don't need. :peace:

Am not SweetSue, but, RSO, Rick Simpson Oil, made with heavy duty solvent (not a good idea), CCO/FECO is also made with solvent (Alcohol), and Rosin has no solvent.
You are getting the same meds, the difference is the amount of additional substances you remove from the cannabis, waxes, chlorophyll, lipids and the such. All three methods will pick up some of each of these materials along with the THC but only in varying amounts.
You do have to decarb Rosin just as you do RSO/CCO/FECO. I did my first batch of decarbed Rosin and made Hard Candies with it, works like a charm.
Hey gr865. These additional substances are what I'm curious to question. I've heard this conversation before and don't recall reasons. They might aid in healing. Everclear is my solvent of choice. I'm lucky to be able to get it my state. Pretty sure we want all we can get from the plant fro RSO. I can't back my feelings up with fact so you're as right as I.

Back
Top Bottom